Can anyone tell me about the "bake a cake" challenge

Options
2»

Answers

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,034 Community Manager
    Options

Hello Soda Crushers!

I know @Yosca has explained the event wonderfully to you, @LongLeggedVegan , but in case you need some more infos, you can learn more about the event HERE

@Marriam1 , please tell me more- do you get the Teams feature only sometimes? Maybe it's not there when you open the game, but a bit later? Or do you have it on a device, but not on another? I'd like to help! 😥

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

Thanks for the concern @Lola_Pop. Yes i hardly see my teams for some reason. I got the pop up for bake the cake with the teams yesterday. I could bake 2 slices of cake and then the feature disappeared 🤣🤣

I open my game few times in a day to check if i have it, but i don't unfortunately. I play the game only on android mobile and haven't tried it on any other device.

On a side note i would just request you to fix the map changes. While i know a lot of players don't see the downside of having the old map as they like how it looks. For me i want the better features with the current map that i don't see with the old map 🙏

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,034 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Marriam1 ! I know the tech team is working on it, but I'll report it again 😊

I hope the fix arrives very soon!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

Thanks again 😊 @Lola_Pop i hope to see a fix soon 🤞

• kim62156
    kim62156 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I play ONLY the Bakery. It's apparently only available on mobile devices and you have to be in a team. The Bakery ("Bake a Cake") is open for 6 days, and then closed for one day. Advantage to playing only the Bakery: you never run out of lives because it doesn't use up lives. If you fail one block, you "lose your chef's hat" and get sent to the pokey. You can get out by paying gold bars, or if one of your teammates pays to spring everyone out of the pokey, OR you go to the regular game and pass five levels. Why bother with any of this? Just switch teams. There's an almost infinite number of teams (tens of thousands).

There are so many teams, that you can search for the team that is on the one level that you want to play. Example: the First Round of the Bakery has 10 blocks in 4 tiers, and the Second Round has 15 blocks in 5 tiers. When you join a different team, it will say on the page right after the Welcome To The Team screen, the percentage that particular bakery is on . . . i.e. 90% is equal to the 10th and final block on the First Round. 93% is equal to the 15th and final block of the Second Round. On the completion of each tier, you and all your teammates get a power up bonus, which is shown as an icon tagged to each tier. The blocks and tiers get progressively harder, but the power ups get better. So, if you are into just the top o' the line power ups, you can search for teams displaying 90% or 93%.

If you don't join a team with those percentages, just immediately search for another team. And if you still enjoy playing the regular game levels, you can hunt just for teams with a very low Team Level. New teams start on Level One and it takes only 15 points to move to Level Two. You earn 1 point for each Bakery block you complete plus 5 points for finishing a tier, so on a Level One Team, you get 17 points for completing the first 2 tiers and you boost them up a level. The advantage to playing on low Team Levels is that you get a nice little package of power ups for boosting your team to the next level. And if someone else boosts the level while you are in that team, all other teammates, including you, get the power ups as well. 

Nonetheless, I do not not stay in teams just waiting for someone to break me out of the pokey or to collect any power ups they might be winning, and I sure as hell don’t bother to play and pass five levels in the regular game. My strategy on losing a block is to immediately search for and join a new team, so that I can continue to play in The Bakery until my six days runs out. If you play by this strategy, you get very, very good at playing all the blocks in all the tiers, and especially good at playing the first two tiers of the First Round. It’s Candy Crush and the game is designed to cheat, and to encourage you to spend your own real money to play their silly game. It IS fun, but it’s a lot less fun when you discover that you spent $800.00 in one month buying lives, or whatever. On the other hand, there ARE ONLY EIGHT DIFFERENT BAKERIES. When you play only the Bakery, you are able to instantly recognize which Bakery you are playing. 8 different bakeries, times 25 different blocks, is only a grand total of 200 blocks which infinitely repeat. My strategy makes the odds favor US, and not the GAME.  

But if you still enjoy playing the regular game, I must point out that by playing only the Bakery for 6 days out of every 7, between the power ups for completing a tier and the power ups for boosting your current team up a level, you will earn an insane number of boosters and power ups to use on the one day a week you play the regular game. I usually maintain about 200+ color bubbles, 85+ color bombs, 60 fishes, and around 10 wrapped and striped power ups. So if you play the regular game on Day 7, that’s when you try to win the race, or collect yellow pieces, or whatever, and you will have all the power ups you need. You can’t use them in the Bakery but you CAN in the regular game.

The companion piece to my strategy is to NEVER be loyal to TEAMS, but always be loyal to FRIENDS. Never ask Friends to join you on a team because you are not going to be in any team for very long. Sometimes I get bored with the game and I don’t play for several months, but I religiously log on every day, (not for the daily “free” power ups, which I don’t use because they are useless in the Bakery), but in order to send the free lives, every day, to all my “friends”. No they are not my actual friends. We do not chit chat with each other. We are all complete strangers to each other. But I currently have 394 friends, and if I choose to spend the 7th day when the Bakery is closed, playing the regular game, I never run out of lives, because most of them also send me lives on a daily basis, and I have a ton of power ups to get me through the levels, without relying on their silly “bottles”.

Don’t play the game the way they designed it. That’s for losers. Play it by YOUR rules, not their’s. Haven’t you ever been on a level and seen the drippy “SO Close” speech bubble, designed purely to make you spend your real money? Like when you’re on a level, and the game ends with only ONE MOVE standing between you and winning the level?

It’s designed to do that! To make you spend your money. It counts on your frustration. The game wasn’t designed to “wipe your stress away”. It was designed to stress you and frustrate you to the breaking point, so that you will spend your own real money, just to get past a terribly frustrating Easy level that you just can’t seem to win.

Believe me, it’s much less stressful just jumping from team to team, playing by MY rules and not their’s. This website says that it is not only possible, but very common, for someone to win every level in the entire game, never spending a single cent. I don’t believe that for one minute. If you’ve ever played the Bakery, then you’ve seen their little speech bubbles when you lose a block: “Are you sure you want to quit?” And the bottom of the screen, another speech bubble tells you that 550,000 or 22 MILLION players have bought extra lives to complete the level . . . 

The cheapest lives you can buy is $1.99 PLUS TAX for 10 gold bars. That will buy you a minimum of 5 more turns to complete a level that may be impossible to complete in 5 turns. But multiply that times 22 million real dollars, and you see the kind of profit this game is making for its' owners.

I WILL NOT PLAY THIS GAME ON THEIR TERMS. I learned my lesson. I will play it on my terms, or not at all. Join me in the strategy that gives you maximum game play at no cost to you. When you lose a level in the Bakery, just grit your teeth and remind yourself that there are an infinite number of teams, and go on to the next Team.

• GanttMayaK
    GanttMayaK Posts: 75 Level 2
    Options

I have a nervous feeling about baking all pieces of cakes for Olivia but I only baked one slice for her.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?