New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Options

Comments

• KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi again @LauraLMason - I totally get it. I do however think that they are listening but any changes or tweaks won’t happen as quickly as we would like.  Myself included.

Look we are all fellow players. I used to enjoy Soda more. I love BGH and the Rainbow 🌈 road used to make it a breeze to cruise thru some levels. Now it’s tougher. Nothing stays the same forever. I’ve just adapted the time and energy spent here to other games and this forum itself.  Trying to help you and fellow players brings me more joy than any silly quest or booster ever would.

Soda used to bring a lot of joy to a lot of different players for a lot of different reasons. I hope that those who still choose to play the game can still find that joy going forward!! 🙏🏻🔥
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    Options
    Alas, Foley, no joy left! Yes, Soda was din, but they changed everything. I passed an impossible level a few days ago, when the game nicely gave me a hard and a soft next to each other. Where is the fun?
    I have not found a reasonable level in weeks, they are very hard, and rely on luck, or on a specific arrangement of the tiles. If not there, forget it. 
    The studio knows MTF is hated by all. They could bring back the tasks in a day, but $$$$$ are calling! And they don't understand we are giving up the game? and they think one will pay for boosters after being treated like milking cows?

• KingChewy
    Options
    I’m really sorry to hear that @Anne_Martin! I know it must have brought you great joy at some point because of how passionately you feel about it.  I know it’s not the same anymore. It isn’t for me either but I am still able to enjoy bits and pieces of it. I hope in the future you will too 🙏🏻

• Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    Options
    @Foley, please tell me why they do that, if you can. I cannot understand. 
  • Bonbon2
    Bonbon2 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    aniwells said:

Hi Xarly,  This is not a personal comment, as I've no idea who you are or what your motivations are.  I've read the few and far between responses you've posted since I've become involved with protesting the huge and upsetting changes King has made to CCS, and I'm sorry but you nor any other reps I know of from the company have addressed a darned thing thousands of us are complaining about.  I haven't a clue what the :soda squad " is but if it's my Toffee Freak Team(s) I certainly have tried it and have had the same problems everyone else I've read is having. The team has consistently stopped me from completing the quests, almost as much as King has by creating tasks only filled by buying boosters.  Does it make sense to buy 4 boosts only to win 1?  I agree there's no need to get rude with others but the point is we are so frustrated and disappointed that we aren't being heard that the anger is coming out in the only way you give us....with our words..... which we feel more surely each day are being ignored.  Mr. Toffee is an imaginary animated drawing and if Anne calls him stupid it has nothing to do with someone else's nephew with disabilities, it has to do with you all not listening to your very devoted customer base.  I've read no less than a couple of hundred real complaints about why we miss the game as it was, and mostly they reflect the same way I feel.  We are not a bunch of whiners that just like to spend our time writing detailed bitches, we're trying to tell you how truly horrible we feel over these changes and why we feel that way.  Do you really think when the "glitches" get fixed it is going to change what you are hearing?  No one is asking King to fix Mr. Toffee's kinks,  We want the old quests back that each of us individually enjoy chasing after for crazy amounts of hours, and we are telling King in no uncertain terms that the changes have taken away our fun and our reasons for playing so faithfully.  ANd we are soooo addicted that hundreds and hundreds of players are begging King to give us back what we loved,  that we do not love the game now.  So is someone ever going to address your player base and  say what the plan is for real???  Explain the reasons and then sell the ideas one way or another, and stop spewing B.S. about how the studio is busy perfecting and adjusting and that you appreciate our input, BUT.....  Again please know this is not about you personally but I hate the thought of reading another of your meaningless, answerless posts about exciting things to come which never even touch on our comments, and then end with that happy, perky "CHEERS".  If you are supposed to be the community advocate then try to get someone to hear us and address our concerns.  Please also communicate with management  that as a former  journalist I really think this would make a great and surprising human interest story.   "Candy Crush Fanatics Revolt Against Software Billionaires" would make a catching headline or news tease I guarantee you.

O.K. I have tried my best and spent enough time with all of this silliness over a computer game.  You can give my badges to the CFO or whichever sadistic millionaire will enjoy it as a trophy of their greed and success.   Good luck to you Xarly, I don't know how you do it.

Andrea Wells

• Bonbon2
    Bonbon2 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    Well said, Aniwells you have put my thoughts into words.
  • NotMrHappy
    NotMrHappy Posts: 29 Level 2
    Options
    Bonbon2 said:
    aniwells said:

Hi Xarly,  This is not a personal comment, as I've no idea who you are or what your motivations are.  I've read the few and far between responses you've posted since I've become involved with protesting the huge and upsetting changes King has made to CCS, and I'm sorry but you nor any other reps I know of from the company have addressed a darned thing thousands of us are complaining about.  I haven't a clue what the :soda squad " is but if it's my Toffee Freak Team(s) I certainly have tried it and have had the same problems everyone else I've read is having. The team has consistently stopped me from completing the quests, almost as much as King has by creating tasks only filled by buying boosters.  Does it make sense to buy 4 boosts only to win 1?  I agree there's no need to get rude with others but the point is we are so frustrated and disappointed that we aren't being heard that the anger is coming out in the only way you give us....with our words..... which we feel more surely each day are being ignored.  Mr. Toffee is an imaginary animated drawing and if Anne calls him stupid it has nothing to do with someone else's nephew with disabilities, it has to do with you all not listening to your very devoted customer base.  I've read no less than a couple of hundred real complaints about why we miss the game as it was, and mostly they reflect the same way I feel.  We are not a bunch of whiners that just like to spend our time writing detailed bitches, we're trying to tell you how truly horrible we feel over these changes and why we feel that way.  Do you really think when the "glitches" get fixed it is going to change what you are hearing?  No one is asking King to fix Mr. Toffee's kinks,  We want the old quests back that each of us individually enjoy chasing after for crazy amounts of hours, and we are telling King in no uncertain terms that the changes have taken away our fun and our reasons for playing so faithfully.  ANd we are soooo addicted that hundreds and hundreds of players are begging King to give us back what we loved,  that we do not love the game now.  So is someone ever going to address your player base and  say what the plan is for real???  Explain the reasons and then sell the ideas one way or another, and stop spewing B.S. about how the studio is busy perfecting and adjusting and that you appreciate our input, BUT.....  Again please know this is not about you personally but I hate the thought of reading another of your meaningless, answerless posts about exciting things to come which never even touch on our comments, and then end with that happy, perky "CHEERS".  If you are supposed to be the community advocate then try to get someone to hear us and address our concerns.  Please also communicate with management  that as a former  journalist I really think this would make a great and surprising human interest story.   "Candy Crush Fanatics Revolt Against Software Billionaires" would make a catching headline or news tease I guarantee you.

O.K. I have tried my best and spent enough time with all of this silliness over a computer game.  You can give my badges to the CFO or whichever sadistic millionaire will enjoy it as a trophy of their greed and success.   Good luck to you Xarly, I don't know how you do it.

Andrea Wells

Well said.  A good but alas pointless post as Xarly and King don't give a toss what we think.  They have dumped on us as customers, and have sucked the joy and fun out of what was an enjoyable game to play.  RIP Soda.  It was fun, but you were killed off by unloving, non listening, money seeking, anonymous people. We will remember you.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Bonbon2 said:
    Well said, Aniwells you have put my thoughts into words.
    Same here, she says she is a journalist and I believe it with that very-well-put-together response.

I find it hilarious that they just yesterday and today on their fb page released promotional ads for Mr. Traitor’s Farce after all the negative feedback it has received over the past couple or few months.  I have never had the dishonor of receiving it so I don’t know exactly when it started; I’ve had the quests all along and still do.

@Xarly, what more data exactly is there to review here!?  Every single outlet available for this game has had a unanimously poor response to MTF since its inception.  I’ve seen thousands of negative responses and not one positive. Apparently their next brilliant idea is yet another attempt at “team” play in a single-player game??  The ONLY way team play would work in this game is if we could choose teammates that actually played...I for one would gladly play with anyone that has commented in this thread.  Nobody wants random CPU-generated “teammates” that serve only to block your progress.  You can say all day long that these “teammates” are backed by actual data but if that’s true - by all accounts - it’s even more clear that other players don’t like these features as pretty much every one here says their “teammates” don’t complete whatever objective they attempt to do.

@Xarly, as many others in this thread have asked, please give us a genuine update as to the real status of the Farce and stop sugar-coating your sparse responses.  I understand that you’re only a go-between here but seeing as how you’re the only official response we have, we would like it if you gave us meaningful insight from the people at the studio in regards to the 99.99999999% negative player response to MTF.  I’m being very generous with that percentage by the way.
  • KingChewy
    Options
    @Foley, please tell me why they do that, if you can. I cannot understand. 
    Which part are you referring to so I can try and answer if I know it.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi all,

Thank you for staying respectful in your messages and for being honest and frank. I understand that this situation is far from ideal to you all, and I apologise. I, of course, wish I was sharing better news with you all. Throughout the process I have always remained communicative and honest. I have only refrained from communicating when there was basically nothing to communicate.

@aniwells , nobody here will censor any comment as long as it's on topic and respectful towards others. Your comment is a really good one, and all the reactions you are getting from other members already confirm that. Which is why you got the Insightful badge as well that you refer to. That is an automated system that is based on how other people have reacted to your comment.

And now, in regards to Mr Toffee's Fair, the team is looking at ways of preventing team members from blocking a task and stopping others from progressing. It's taking time to develop but that is something that they do work on. For Soda Squad, for instance, after the first iteration of the event, if you have been active (meaning you have gathered enough points for your team), you will be placed in the next iteration with others that have also been active. This is based on your feedback for Mr Toffee's Fair. They are working, as said, on implementing some sort of feature that improves that experience.

That's as much information as I have at the moment, there is no specific time or confirmation as to if this will be live soon, since it's still being worked on. I am sorry I cannot provide more information than this at the moment, but I keep feeding your thoughts back to the team and I can confirm that they are aware of your feedback. As @Foley1362 said, these things take time.

Cheers,
    Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?