New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• MissDolittle
    MissDolittle Posts: 7 Level 2
    edited May 2019

I passed my extra hard level... Guess how? during my free half hour, I was given a hard one plus the extra bonus given by the commercial. Well, the bonus was a soft one, just next to the hard. No comments!
    Now, I'm on a normal level, just impossible to pass too. I guess the magical combination is needed here too.
    I did my 2 tasks on Mr Stupid, and gave up for the day. 
    I'm afraid the changes go much further than MTF. The whole game is now silly. You can't get a level unless the gods agree. There must be algorithms saying how many times you must play to be allowed to progress. You, your talent, your way of playing, etc, do NOTHING. You are at the mercy of the game's mood.
    Why keep on? if I want to play slots, there are more adequate places! I'm puzzled. The game is now for -very stubborn- little kids.
    I found the same problem on CCFriends and worse on Pet Rescue Puzzle. The levels are not possible if you are not "helped". 
    What is going on? 
    I'm looking for a replacement, I'm sure I will find something.
    But is sad... and not to understand when CCS was the lighthouse of King for which Activision paid so much!

To those who say you must organize yourself to play MTF, yes, of course, but not the way you say. You must go to levels you passed where you may get more easily whatever color or candy you are looking for. Of course, it does not work for the most moronic tasks, "use a hammer or a free switch", or the really difficult ones, asking you to pass levels.  But to pass 2 or 3 levels to get a free hour of play makes me wonder. Even at minimal wage, it would be better to work 20 minutes and buy boosters than to struggle for such feats.
    Activision, what do you want?
    -------------------

I have been saying the exact same thing! I've been playing Soda Crush. It's a pattern that has become quite obvious. You either win a round at the first try or you have to play it multiple times where it gets gradually better and better until you are "allowed" to win. I also never get stuck at the same level for longer than day now compared to last year where I played on one level for 3 weeks. This thing is pre-programmed somehow. The reason why I came here was to find out why the ads stopped through which I could get extra moves. But that appears to be quite random of who gets it and who doesn't and when and for how long. I had them for a week and liked it.
  • Phyllis_Li
    Phyllis_Li Posts: 3 Newbie
    I don’t really like this new gameplay as it is so called a team play but then some team members are not as active or cannot finish the task they have picked.  As a result, the board is stuck!  We cannot progress.  I like the previous way of playing which is completely controlled by myself.  Now I don’t earn rewards every day as i used to be.  This is frustrating.  Please consider changing it.
  • Mahlako
    Mahlako Posts: 18 Level 2
    These group challanges are unfair, my team mates are lazy, i dont benefit from their  contribution, i usually tick all the tiles
  • Mahlako
    Mahlako Posts: 18 Level 2
    I don’t really like this new gameplay as it is so called a team play but then some team members are not as active or cannot finish the task they have picked.  As a result, the board is stuck!  We cannot progress.  I like the previous way of playing which is completely controlled by myself.  Now I don’t earn rewards every day as i used to be.  This is frustrating.  Please consider changing it.

• aniwells
    aniwells Posts: 21 Level 2

Greetings my fellow disgruntled players and to Xarly:  Thanks to you all for continuing to post and to Xarly for actually responding with some vaguely pertinent info.  I am feeling a glimmer of hope that our continued protests to the soda changes might actually be heard,  if we express them with logic instead of just anger, and if our opinions are truly being passed on to the decision makers.  Don't know who the "team" actually is but it sounds like they are the programmers and that everything is about development and glitches etc.  But as candysodacrusher's last post so clearly pointed out, this is about business management decisions, not programmer skills.  There is more than profit and loss considerations here and I sure hope management is hearing that their bottom line is at risk if end user's are so angry they don't want to even associate themselves with King games.  It really seems apparent that some genius decided a few changes to the games would get us to blindly buy more boosts and make them a bunch more $$$$.  But greed CAN come back and bite you in the ass and customer perceptions are part of the bottom line.  I mean this is not like the big pharma and drug costs where people's lives are at risk.  We all will survive without Candy Crush and it seems apparent that in this case market share is already at risk.  Frankly if it was my company I'd make a big deal out of responding to public opinion, return the game to it's former version, throw in a couple of free striped hammers for finesse and maybe make a few less bucks now but retain market share and actually increase customer loyalty.  Hey if they actually read what the community posts they could fire some of their over payed marketing execs and be ahead in the long run!!!

Truly Xarly, I've seen some really intelligent posts right on this board.  We are counting on your ability to make sure the correct folks hear us.  I thought I was done with posting AND with King games, but now I am wondering if we really can make a difference

• aniwells
    aniwells Posts: 21 Level 2
    edited June 2019

I am posting here the reply I made to CCS support, after they gave me no answer to my previous request to get rid of the new changes.  It is just more of the same but I thought possibly they would actually read my thoughts if I went directly through support. 

Also I started playing again from level 1 on a different device and can see how they will simply replace all us dedicated old timers by sucking in the new players!  So you start slow with no boosters or special challenges.  You are then introduced to boosts one at a time and are given 3 free ones after each intro.  Then they bring MTF and Mr. Stupid which pleases you cuz it's a way to earn extra boosts..... and the tasks are not nearly as difficult.  There are ways of getting around the few must use boosters to complete, so I was able to get around my non participating "teammates" and make the line by myself (over two days cuz of the 2 a day limit) which gives my loser partners a prize.  Now I start winning tickets for the Yeti's prize, which I originally assumed would be a prize as opposed to a purchase opportunity as it is.  So I get the eight tix and the same prize group appears, but guess what?  It is only 99 cents.  I am soooo excited to see all those boosts that for a buck.... (I'm ashamed to admit) I buy them.  Now for 2 hours I am the God of CCS and in a short time I get the offer again for a buck.  Yes, I bought them.  After I get to about level 100 though, the package is back to $9.99.   Now to be honest I know this isn't any accomplishment so it still isn't fun like the challenging game I used to play, but you can see how the next group of (...) will be born to replace all of us pissed off posting die hards.  I can see how the (...) aren't listening to our continuing complaints and logical explanations of why they should return us our game.

Anyway I'm either too stubborn or stupid to admit defeat so here's the letter I sent when support responded to me.  As Buffalo Springfield once said "For What It's Worth".

I am writing once again to let you know how terribly disappointed I am in the changes you are making to the game.  I absolutely hate MTF.  1st I DO NOT want to be put on a team of players.  I have not one time felt that my group was an asset and at least 4 or 5 times have been in a group where 1 player took a square and then did nothing but block us from finishing a line.  I have won 3 times finally after I found a way to finish all 4 of the required tasks by myself!  That is no team, and if it was I would certainly expect better prizes (they are so small that I don’t even know why I participate).  I’m following in the community and cannot understand why you folks aren’t  listening.  The 2nd big point is that I feel very manipulated and would be required to purchase boosts to be able to make progress in the game any longer.  I used to work hard to complete tasks so I could win a few boosts, always coveted and saved until I was on a level I couldn’t possibly complete without them.  1 hour of a boost is meaningless in this case.  CCS was a great challenge of a game which I played faithfully.  I still check in now because I cannot help but believe you will listen to your fan base and give us back the game we all loved… but I do not really play anymore.  I’ve never seen such an outpour of folks that are wasting their time and energy trying to express to you how much we hate your changes.  Your apparent greed to increase boost purchases is shameful.  I did occasionally buy somethings when I was just in an impossible corner, but I will never have any fun playing if frequent purchases are the only way to move ahead.  It isn’t a game any more if I have to pay to win, and it certainly isn’t a fun game.  Please, please, please, won’t you folks listen.  We are amazingly dedicated and just want back the challenging game we had.  This WILL bite you in the ass and hurt the company’s reputation in the long run.  Openly greedy is just ugly and you are taking the fun out.  That doesn’t even make you a game developer any more.

And if you aren’t going to listen or change the current mess, just man up and say so.  At least you won’t continue to make fools out of the thousands of disgruntled fans I am hearing. Sincerely,    Andrea Wells

• Alesgrado
    Alesgrado Posts: 4 Newbie
    Alright so...i have troubles with the bonuses, first in the fair of toffe i won a booster ans 1 hour of infinite lifes, at the time of playing i only got the booster, when i failed the level, it said i didnt have lifes, then asked support and they sent me here, but...a day or so after it i lost another level a few times and i got the offer of 20 minutes of lifes and 5 moves, i got the moves but not the lifes, why im not getting any of the lifes bonusat all? i had good connection, havent changed device, been on computer the whole time, not even logged off facebook
  • Brian_Tate
    Brian_Tate Posts: 73 Level 3
    Mahlako said:

Yup been waiting a week now for a 'teammate" to tick a tile did the rest myself. Half the profiles seem fake and computer generated anyway the race payoff boosters suck same with the fair.
  • Brian_Tate
    Brian_Tate Posts: 73 Level 3
    Hammers and switches for giveaway boosters are the thing of the past for the most part. The movie boosters and extra moves help quite a bit to beat boards.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hey all,

Thanks for your messages. Based on your feedback, the team is already working on different improvements to the feature. The first one is in regards to the difficulty of the tasks. Moving forward, the difficulty of Mr Toffee's Fair has been lowered. This means it should be relatively easier to finish your tasks from now on. We hope this means that members are also now less likely to lock some tasks for that long, which should be translated into more rewards and free boosters sent out to all of you. 

Now, please, I'd like to remark this is just one initiative. This doesn't mean that it's meant to be the solution to all problems but it's an attempt (and hopefully a success!), and also a sign that shows what I've been mentioning: that the team cares and that the team is trying to improve the feature.

To your point, @aniwells: please keep sending your feedback, since it truly matters. I keep doing my job of sending your views to the team, which then makes the decisions they deem best. I have edited some of your comments though, and I encourage you to remain respectful and not use expressions that are not allowed (please note that this forum is visited by many children and we will not allow vocabulary that is not adequate).

Those are the updates for now, but, as always, I will make sure you are all updated as new information comes.

Cheers,
    Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?