New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    I’m trying a new strategy with Mr. Toffee.  On my current board, I did two tiles the first day and each of my teammates selected one tile.  One was adjacent to the row I started, the other in the same row.  The second day, the player that selected the adjacent tile completed his task.  I did the third task in the row I had already done two other tiles.  I did not select another task.  

So from the appearance of it, I have one teammate who is parking and one who did the one task to earn the reward.  I have decided not to do any more tasks and see whether the player who is parking takes any action.  The task the player is parking on is matching two wrapped candies, so not difficult.  

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    An unintended consequence of the two tile limit is that I stop playing when I have completed my two tiles. I check periodically to see if it has been completed by someone else. 

I really enjoy the interaction between players when it happens that both understand how it works. More often than not a player is blocking me on an easy tile so I have to start another row.

It would be fun if when multiple players complete a board we could "high five" each other and in doing so get a free hand switch.  

A larger champions board would be a blast. 
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your comments and for sharing insights with each other. The above feedback is what was and is intended with the feature. When you get a board and a team that works together, the mechanics are indeed fun and enjoyable to the majority of people. And that was the intention. Now, it's clear that this was not the way it went. 

The team is working on addressing your feedback and an optimisation is on the way (although it will take a bit of time) where players will not be able to lock tiles from others. It's been already approved and the work is being done as we speak. This optimisation will also imply that they will look at the kind of tasks, the rewards and the team making.

A team has been tasked with this and, as I said above, they are already working on it. I am telling you all this to show that there is intent and an attitude towards improving the feature but I encourage you to please be respectful and patient, as this will need some time before it's in-game.

Cheers,
    Xarly 
  • Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,562 Sweet Legend
    Hello!

I've been playing MR.Toffee for a week now and I like it a lot. Better still, to perform more than 2 tasks. And if you go in the game, it's going to be shown to Mr. Toffee. Because you do not always think the same way. MR. Toffee always comes later. I do not like it!

• Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    Ditte said:
       Blocked again >:). Go team! 
      Still blocked. Oh this teamwork (more often than not it's obstruction not teamwork) is sooo much fun. Why oh why pick/park on a tile in a row where 2 tiles have already been ticked, when you have no intention of ticking of the tile???!!!!
  • candysodacrusher
    My new strategy seems to be working just fine.  Absolutely no movement on my board in almost 48 hours.  One tick Tommy hasn’t made a move and Peter Parker (not to be confused with Spider-Man) is still parked on the same tile.
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    totally blocked on MTF by my lovely teammates, unknown as always, taking whatever tile. I thought we were supposed to be paired with players who really played. It is getting impossible to believe anything they say!
  • candysodacrusher
    Wow!  One tick Tommy became two tick Tommy tonight.  Only took a total of 4 days from start to finish.  Peter Parker was still parking.  I did the final tile to finish the row with Two Tick Tommy.  Guess poor Peter Parker won’t share in our reward since he just parked.  
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    if the team was playing, it would be possible to get 4 5 boards a day, or more... But they only disturb with their parking. No idea what to do anymore...
  • candysodacrusher
    I think this would fall under the heading of “be careful what you wish for.”  Earlier I said that I would rather have the one tick only people as teammates than the parkers.  Well, I normally do my first two ticks immediately upon receiving a new board.  I didn’t have time to work on the second one though, so only completed the one tick.  When I left the board, each of my two teammates was working on a tile adjacent to my completed corner tile.  Today when I look at the board, I see that there are three ticks completed all neatly arranged in the corner.  Am soooooo tempted to do one tile in each line, thus not completing either line...just for the amusement of seeing how this will play out.
  • ISurvived
    ISurvived Posts: 50 Level 3
    Completely off topic but I don't have bubble gum hill this weekend. Do any of you?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?