New Rainbow Streak (aka Rainbow Road) - We want your Feedback!

Comments

• Crimson_DawnCrimson_Dawn Posts: 1,845 Superstar
    Prefered the old version
    This is at least something about Soda that I don't hate! I still prefer the old way, but I don't mind the new one.

Calling all Candy Crush Friends players! Check out this awesome contest and participate for the chance to win gold bars! The more people that participate in this contest, the better! Invite all your friends! Use this link to get there. Thank you!
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-friends-saga/discussion/262401/help-tiffi-pick-a-costume-for-a-chance-to-win-gold-bars#latest
  • Steve_EpsteinSteve_Epstein Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Prefered the old version
    Xarly or Buglady, is there a tracking of stars obtained?  I’m through board 3489 and have achieved 3 stars on all but 20 of them (0.57%).  I’d just be interested in how I compare to others who have completed all available boards.  The Episode Race shows others are on par with me, but I’d like to know next level stats.

• Pickles123Pickles123 Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Prefered the old version
    Xarly or Buglady, is there a tracking of stars obtained?  I’m through board 3489 and have achieved 3 stars on all but 20 of them (0.57%).  I’d just be interested in how I compare to others who have completed all available boards.  The Episode Race shows others are on par with me, but I’d like to know next level stats.

Leave the house occasionally......strewth 😂😂
  • Steve_EpsteinSteve_Epstein Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Prefered the old version
    What level are you on again, Pickles?
  • Dirty_NurseDirty_Nurse Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Love the new version
    I like the new version because there is less needless lag between games.  As long as the benefits are the same who cares what graphics are displayed!?
  • Dirty_NurseDirty_Nurse Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Love the new version
    Steve Epstein.....and how much did that win streak cost you ?
    Maybe I should try an easier app, this one has been ruined by greedy developers and gullible players.
    If he is anything like me it cost him absolutely nothing.  While I couldn’t care less about getting three stars on every level I am currently awaiting new levels having spent not even a single cent.  I also have over 1300 gold bars and many of each booster.
  • candysodacrushercandysodacrusher Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    I don’t have the new version yet, so I really can’t say which I prefer.  However, I have noticed that it has become increasingly difficult to get a run going on Rainbow Road.  Not sure whether it is just the episode I’m in, but as an example, I passed 8 levels tonight and never got past the first level of Rainbow Road, despite using multiple booster combinations and additional moves (thanks to the ads).
  • XarlyXarly Posts: 1,966 Community Manager
    Hi everyone!

Wanted to thank @Buglady for jumping in here and showing you all a glimpse of the other side of the story.

Regarding sharing a bit more insights as to why the change happened, the team was looking at ways to simplify the mechanisms. As it stands, the team prefers people to have fun and come often, rather than playing for too long and potentially feeling frustrated and even burning out. That's why the mechanics now aim for a better mechanic and a more fun and engaging experience. Up until now, in that regard, it seems to be working as intended :).

@Steve_Epstein, happy to take that one. As of now, that tracking is not something that players can see. However, there are conversations around leaderboards and at around showing more general stats as to how you perform as a Soda player. I, personally, would love to see those as a player. There is nothing I can anticipate but I can confirm that leaderboards or elements such as that are being discussed.

Please keep the conversation and votes coming!

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • misskarla83misskarla83 Posts: 2
    Love the new version
    Ok so on the rainbow road, once you reach the surprise 🍬,  you can win unlimited double fish, chocolate bombs, or coloring candies for 30 minutes (if I remember correctly because it's been quite a while since I've gotten there). I don't have the new rainbow streak yet but, the boosters inside the bottles, are they also unlimited for a certain time or just added to your account individually? Thanks y'all. GO GATORS! 
  • YoscaYosca Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭
    Prefered the old version
    No, there is no difference with Rainbow Streak or Rainbow Road, except there are no more extra gifts 🍬. Every time you win a level in the first time you get a booster as shown (first colour ball, then wrapped candy, double fish, striped candy and at last soft ball). As soon you break the streak you lose the last booster and so on. No adding of boosters to your account. 
  • Pickles123Pickles123 Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Prefered the old version
    What level are you on again, Pickles?
    2437 been at it years.
  • candysodacrushercandysodacrusher Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    Buglady said:

I just wanted to assure you that we've made no difference to the boosters rewarded compared to the old Rainbow Road, with the exception of some experimentation with the extra wrapped candies. 

Thank you @Buglady for taking the time to participate in the discussions.

I was wondering if you could share some insight as to why so many of the changes in the game involve wrapped candies as rewards.  Yes, they can be useful, but they are also quite easy to make.  

Based on comments in many of the discussions it doesn't seem that many players (including me) find them very valuable.  I can’t help but think there must be some reason that the developers must think wrapped candies are a truly sweet treat.  Can you enlighten us?

• BugladyBuglady Posts: 25 Kingster
    Hi @candysodacrusher!
    I don't have an answer to everything, it's a big game and a big team after all, taking lots of different design decisions all the time. :) 
    The different rewards are considered more or less powerful(I don't know in what order) so they can be handed out with some sense of balance. Whatever we do needs to be with the game balance in mind, it would be less fun if the game is too easy all with having powerful boosters all the time. Or too hard of course. It's all very dynamic, and it affects level designs too. A booster inflation could cause a need to redesign 3000+ levels in the end.

I know this is not exactly answering your questions, but it's all I have for now..

• YoscaYosca Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭
    Prefered the old version
    @Buglady I am at the highest levels (3518) and without the boosters you can hardly beat them. When you don’t get usefull boosters anymore which you can save, the fun is gone. The old Rainbow road gave you a time booster as well when you reached the gift 🍬. Now with Squad and MTF you win sometimes, if you’re lucky, a soft ball, swipe hand, double fish or striped lollipop. Those are usefull, you can store them and use them when you need to. By the way how about the double fish on Rainbow streak (and road) what doesn’t work? I see the double fish in the bottle but doesn’t do a thing.
  • BugladyBuglady Posts: 25 Kingster
    Hi @Yosca!
    The fish issue(fishue?) is reported and being taken care of, I'll try to get back here as soon as I have more news on it.  

The extra wrapped gifts are during development, we experiment with them right now. I'm not the right person to make any promises, but they might come back or become revamped in some way. We have seen your feedback and it seems like they were more popular than we expected. For myself, it took me two years of playing until I noticed that we have that feature in Soda... :D