Soda Candy Crush screen will not rotate (This is intended)!

Options

Answers

• rmpmap
    rmpmap Posts: 23 Level 2
    Options
    King.com can you fix this please 
  • Melissa815
    Melissa815 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I am having the same issue. This just started tonight. I was playing earlier and had no issues. No recent updates. Has anyone found a solution?
  • tparker60
    tparker60 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I’m having the exact same problem and it just started about 30 minutes ago. I’m NOT uninstalling and re-installing to lose 377 gold bars. Not to mention I just earned an 8th ticket and bought my special package with 6 hours of play time and boosters and now I can’t use them. Guess this is a sign I’m playing and spending way too,I have time and MONEY on Candy Crush and Candy Crush Soda and need to just delete them. 
  • rmpmap
    rmpmap Posts: 23 Level 2
    Options
    They haven’t sent a fix and no one from king.com us even responding 
  • queendee
    queendee Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    The same thing happened to me this evening on my iPad. I’m too far into this game to reboot. The problem is on your end. You need to fix it, or I can stop playing this game and spending money unnecessarily.
  • KikKik
    KikKik Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Same here. Don’t like it. Affects game play on iPad. Can this get resolved please. 
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,682 Community Manager
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi all!

We have some news on this... This is currently working as intended.

This is currently working as intended when playing levels: you can still use the landscape mode, but for the map and for some features like Kimmy's arcade (you can share your feedback about the feature with us here), you will need to tilt your phone or tablet and your game will work as intended.

We are doing this in order to be able to provide a better player experience for you all. This change enables us to deliver new cool features in the long term.

In the meanwhile, please keep sending your feedback our way.

To clarify, there are two scenarios:

1) Kimmy's Arcade cannot be played on landscape. (There might be an issue with this one that we're investigating and discussing here)
    2) The map is not displayed on landscape. Levels are though. (This is working as intended)

We want to make it as easy and natural as possible to all of you out there, so all feedback is welcome. Was the messaging of "please rotate your device to play the arcade" in the screenshot not clear enough? 

Thanks and I apologize for the confusion. 

• abbersbolton
    abbersbolton Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    Sorry @QueenB but that makes no sense, why change something like that? It doesn’t help gameplay and it’s awkward for users. They need to either limit gameplay to portrait or bring back the landscape map - it has been like that since forever. 
    Also you mention a screenshot, I can’t see any ? 
    I’ve never seen Kimmys arcade so I’ve never had any notice to tilt my screen that I know of. I can understand a special game being in portrait mode but the map being like that makes it unnatural. I’m sorry but it seems like a cop out? Obviously if as many people as this have took the time to find this forum as I did, it must seem strange for them too? 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,142 Soda Moderator
    Options
    I had Kimmy’s Arcade and when I wanted to play I had seen the notification to rotate my device. Not a problem at all! But in my opinion it makes no sense showing the map in portrait. It doesn’t make easy to play, because I want to play in landscape and not in portrait on my iPad. So I keep turning over every time. 

Actually it is confusing; open the app in landscape, see the map in portrait, play in landscape. I have a standard for my iPad so I always use landscape, I don’t like to read or play in portrait on an iPad. I didn’t mind to rotate when I played the Arcade because this was for a short time.

I really hope the studio will consider to undo this portrait map.
  • kellykop
    kellykop Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Screen will no rotate to landscape starting yesterday. It is not just for Kim miss arcade and maps, etc.  it will not rotate for playing levels either. I don’t understand what has changed but it’s extremely frustrating. Please correct this change. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?