Why am I getting a message that says “tilt, rotate your device “ (Kimmy's Arcade)!

morsberger5
morsberger5 Posts: 12 Level 2
edited January 2020 in Support
Why am I getting a message that says “tilt, rotate your device”

Best Answers

Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 30,614 Candy Moderator
    Hello @morsberger5 Hearty Welcome to the Candy Soda section of our friendly King Community :) 

Can you please post a screenshot with the issue present? 

This web-page will help you with Screenshots https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

** TO post back, tap on "Type your Comment" box located below to write back.  And to post the screenshot, tap on "Attach Image" icon located in the tool-bar (a little farther to Emoticon), then select "Choose Files" to upload the image from your device. 

Talk to you soon!  Have a great rest of the weekend!  
  • vontb
    vontb Posts: 2 Newbie
    I have  the same and 1 would like this gone.
     I can’t play and how many times I turn nothing happens 
    vontb
  • vontb
    vontb Posts: 2 Newbie
    Answer ✓
    Found the solution, allow your tablet to rotate!
  • morsberger5
    Answer ✓
    Not sure how that happened, I never changed the rotation icon, didn’t even know where it was! Thanks! 
  • morsberger5
    Well guess what, I changed my setting and it still doesn’t work.  I shut down my iPad (this is only an issue in my iPad, not my iPhone). Help!
  • dhenstra
    dhenstra Posts: 2 Newbie
    I am having the same issue. Up to 15 minutes ago I could play landscape now I cant
  • gearyd
    gearyd Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited January 2020
    i have been playing in landscape mode for years, but after the last update  when i click on the level to play it now goes to portrait to play and won't turn back to landscape.  I was reading a post where several people were having the same problem in Dec 2019, but it just started with my iPad today.  I have made no changes on my iPad in reference to rotation.  It has to be on the game side and not my iPad, since i made no changes to it.  In fact i was playing and passed two levels in landscape mode and when i clicked on the new level 1894 it changed to portrait and won't change back.  how can i fix the problem?
  • morsberger5
    I changed my settings to be sure my screen would rotate, I was able to play one time after that then it went back to the “tilt, rotate your device”

FRUSTRATING!

This only happens on my iPad not my iPhone!
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    edited January 2020
    Hi everyone,

This is currently working as intended when playing levels: you can still use the landscape mode, but for the map and for some features like Kimmy's arcade (you can share your feedback about the feature with us here), you will need to tilt your phone or tablet, as @vontb suggested and your game will work as intended. We are doing this change in order to be able to provide a better player experience for you all. In the meanwhile, please keep sending your feedback our way.

To clarify, there are two scenarios:

1) Kimmy's Arcade cannot be played on landscape. (There might be an issue with this one that we're investigating)
    2) The map is not displayed on landscape. Levels are though. (This is working as intended)

We want to make it as easy and natural as possible to all of you out there, so all feedback is welcome. Was the messaging of "please rotate your device to play the arcade" in the screenshot above not clear enough? 

Cheers and thanks for the reports and the help you provided to each other,
    Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?