Help! I cannot play in landscape mode (test ended)

Comments

• Lola_PopLola_Pop Posts: 3,818 Community Manager

Hello @ArtySin !

Criticism is accepted, and feedback is in fact encouraged here. However, there are some House Rules every member must accept in order to have a non-toxic conversation. You can read the House Rules here.

On one hand lobbying , on the other hand sharing personal information- your own or somebody else's- are two of the no-go's in the Community.

I hope you can understand.

Candy Crush Soda - Celebrate Level 5000 with us: 
    💜Win Gold Bars in our 5 Competitions HERE 💜
    💚Claim the exclusive Community 5000 Level badge  HERE!  💚
  • chapel72chapel72 Posts: 0 New Bee

Is anyone else having trouble playing with their screen vertical/landscape? I'm playing on a Chromebook, and since last week I can't play in landscape mode. It will only rotate to portrait one way and portrait the other way. PLEASE HALP!

• TREEFELLAHTREEFELLAH Posts: 2 New Bee

I've been having the same problem myself for about 3 days now. It starts off in portrait and will eventually go to landscape when the game starts.

• Nana6Mom4Nana6Mom4 Posts: 2 New Bee

I miss the landscape mode. I wish they’d fix it.

• TREEFELLAHTREEFELLAH Posts: 2 New Bee

I am using a galaxy Tab A

• ArtySinArtySin Posts: 14 Level 2
    edited June 3

Hello @Lola_Pop and @claire2505 and @Alaskagirl11 OK Lola, fair enough about the house rules, however, can you please let us know what is actually going on here. With many years of experience in IT, to be to be told that this is a test is, in my opinion just pure obfuscation. No company in the World would run a test in a production environment and no matter what other people here with IT experience say, we just get fobbed off with what are obviously just excuses. If it’s an update gone wrong, why don’t you rollback. Be honest, let us know what is happening and more importantly why?

• claire2505claire2505 Posts: 18 Level 2

@ArtySin yup with you on this. Also you don’t tell your customers that you are removing functionality from a system as a test!! My users would go mad at me if I did that!

@Lola_Pop you need to tell the development team that no one is convinced by your arguments of a test as too many of us work in IT and so know how the processes work.

Hello @ArtySin and @claire2505,

I assure you your feedback is being forwarded to the teams that are responsible for this change in the game.

I cannot give you many more details on this, but the change is intended and running as a test.

Temporary issues can appear in every game, but here in the Community we investigate, report, and give you an update when something goes wrong; and the developers fix it as soon as it's possible.

This is not the case. In this thread, we can gather your feedback, give it to the team in the Studio and come back to you if there are news on the test.

• bullywoolybullywooly Posts: 70 Level 3

It’s easy, CHANGE IT BACK

• ArtySinArtySin Posts: 14 Level 2

Hello @Lola_Pop and @claire2505 and @Alaskagirl11, you state and I quote “I assure you your feedback is being forwarded to the teams that are responsible for this change in the game.” So this is a change and not a test nor a bug. Why has this change not gone through a CM and UAT process? (Change Management and User Acceptance Testing) If it had, then this change would have been rejected by the users. It is a so called “feature” that has been ill thought through and like many on here, I now no longer play this game. So can you please explain why somebody didn’t realise that this so called change was already part of the game. It’s called orientation and you rote your device 90degrees and you have portrait mode which then, for an iPad or other tablet, makes it extremely difficult to play. This really is very bad CM and ignores what users want.

• BetsyzBetsyz Posts: 0 New Bee

Not having the screen flip to landscape is very frustrating. I don’t mind the map being portrait, but I have my iPad set up with a keyboard and that works landscape. I set it on the table to play the game, but have had to rotate and remove keyboard to play for the past month or so and it’s not as easy.

• claire2505claire2505 Posts: 18 Level 2

@Lola_Pop , Again I agree with @ArtySin and @Alaskagirl11 comments above.

you are just upsetting the very people you should be listening too.

Hello again!

It's a change that is being tested, @ArtySin.

@claire2505, @Betsyz , @bullywooly , we've had a meeting with the developers of the game today, and we've explained your reasons and arguments and shown them your messages.

That doesn't mean they will stop the test right now, because there are other factors they have to take into consideration, but they will definitely take the views you players are giving here into account.

• star2291star2291 Posts: 8 Level 2

@Lola_Pop Every day I look at your posts to see if they have fixed the problem and so far that has happened. As I mentioned in another post, as long as the developers don’t prioritize the user experience it will continue. Saying that there are other factors means this has not been prioritized. I remain disappointed in my experience.