🥔🥔Potatoes - Potatoes - Potatoes🥔🥔

Options

Comments

• Princess_Jessica
    Princess_Jessica Posts: 8,346 Jelly Moderator
    Options

Thank you for this fun contest @PummyRaj I am actually a vegetarian so this is a easy one for me 😊 here is a recipe for my potato soup it's really good when your sick

Ingredients

Potatoes – I prefer to use russets. You’ll need 2 pounds, about 6 medium russet potatoes.

Water – you will need enough fresh, clean water to cover the potatoes for covering.

Milk – I use whole milk in my potato soup. You can also use your favorite dairy-free milk substitute.

Butter – the butter adds so much flavor to this soup.

Salt – add salt to taste for seasoning.

Pepper – add pepper to taste

Step-by-Step Instructions

Prep potatoes. begin by scrubbing your potatoes clean, peeling, and then cutting them into about 2-inch chunks. Place the potatoes into a large soup pot (I use my Dutch oven) and cover with clean water and stir.

Cook. Cook over medium heat until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain away the water from the potatoes.

Add your whole milk and butter to the potatoes and place back on medium heat. Allow the milk to bubble slightly around the edges of the soup pot, about 5 to 10 minutes.

Season. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.

• bramam
    bramam Posts: 1,225 Level 4
    Options

🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔

@PummyRaj

Gratuliere dir für dieses Thema und Wettbewerb

👍👌💯 % Follies Hits

I love to eat 🥔🥔🥔 in all ways 😋

Hmmmm

I still have to think about which recipe can I recommend to you

Get back to you soon... 🙋‍♀️

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 150,504 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hi @PummyRaj

This photo is from Internet

Sometimes, microwaving your potatoes instead of baking them is more convenient, especially when you're tight on time. Simply:Wash and scrub your potatoes to prepare them for being cooked.Prick each potato several times with a fork.Rub a little olive oil on the outside of each potato skin.Place potato on a microwave-safe plate.Cook each potato on full power for 5 to 6 minutes on each side (10 to 12 minutes total; flip potato over at halfway point).Make sure your potato is soft.Cut the potato lengthwise, and add your favorite fixings.Virtually any traditional baked potato topping is perfect for a microwaved potato. Microwaving just gets to the end result a little faster..

• Amoonmoon
    Amoonmoon Posts: 21,064 Level 5
    Options

@PummyRaj

Thank you for the ideas and competitions and certainly the badge 🥰

Potato balls with cheese filling 🥔🧀😋

3 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed

1 onion, cut into small pieces

tablespoon yogurt

Dried parsley seasoning, garlic powder, dried thyme, paprika salt and black pepper

White flour, simolina flour

Dried parsley seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper

Eggs, two tablespoons milk, breadcrumbs,

Served with any sauce like ketchup or tomato sauce.

Cheddar cheese or mazurella cheese for the filling

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 38,794 Friends Moderator
    Options

@PummyRaj, in our family we produce potatoes. My granddaughter's favorite dish is mashed potatoes. We buy 1 kilo of potatoes. Variety: floury boiling. Other ingredients: some salt, butter and milk. From my father I had heard that egg yolk is added last. This gives a "sunny" yellow color.

The potatoes are peeled and boiled. After that, the water is poured off with the help of a sieve. Butter is added and a little salt and a cup of milk. We use fresh milk with high fat level (brings better taste because fat is an essential flavor carrier). With a blender everything is pureed together until it looks creamy. Finally, an egg yolk is added so that the mashed potatoes get a nice yellow color. 

My family always says I make the best mashed potatoes. 

For serving, roasted onions (for a stronger taste) and some parsley (decoration, looks pretty and is good for the eyes) are served. 

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,991 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Mine would be my extra cheesy baked potatoes.

Cook as normal, then leave to cool for half an hour.

Scoop out the insides carefully saving the skins and mash cream cheese and grated cheese in.

Put the mixture back into the potato skins and cook for 20 mins ish until warm through and cheese is browning. Longer if you like it crispy 😁

• Jose65_6
    Jose65_6 Posts: 969 Level 3
    Options

Potato stuffed with chili recipe:

2 potatoes

1 egg

1 tablespoon butter

1 chili pepper

salt to taste

Boil the potatoes and make a puree by adding butter, knead it with your hands to form a ball, pierce it with a finger introducing the crushed chili pepper, pass it through the pan with oil, removing it when it turns golden.

This recipe is from my grandmother

• johamilton
    johamilton Posts: 25,061 Bubble Witch Moderator
    Options

Hi @PummyRaj , this thread is really making me hungry. I am a southern girl, so my favorite is fried potatoes and onions.

Best to cook it in an iron skillet! So easy. Just slice potatoes and onions and throw in the skillet that it hot with a bit of oil. Cook until you see the potatoes are a little crispy on the edges. Yum.

Even a bit better. Fry up some chopped bacon until crispy. Then throw in the potatoes and onions and fry them up. Put on a plate and add a bit of sour cream on top 🍽️

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 11,660 Friends Moderator
    Options

My mother would frequently serve fried potatoes with onions and green peppers.

1. Ingredients: Slice 4-6 medium-size Russet potatoes into 1/8- to 1/4-inch slices. The potatoes can be peeled, if preferred. Slice 1 large white or yellow onion into 1/4-inch slices. Core one green pepper and slice it into 1/4-inch lengths.
    2. Heat a (cast iron) skillet on medium-high heat with a layer of olive oil in the bottom. Add sliced potatoes, onions, green peppers, and desired spices to the skillet.
    3. Saute the vegetables, flipping occasionally until desired tenderness is achieved.

The photo was originally posted on staysnatched.com (with green onions).

• La Ley
    La Ley Posts: 2,691 Level 5
    Options

I LOVE Cheesy Twice-Baked Veggie Loaded Potatoes I found this recipe and picture online at sarcasticcooking.com

Ingredients

• 4 large Russet Potatoes
    • 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
    • 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Cauliflower Florets
    • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
    • salt
    • pepper
    • 1/2 cup heavy cream
    • 1/2 cup light sour cream
    • 1/2 cup freshly grated white cheddar
    • 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar
    • 2 tbsp minced chives

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Scrub each potato clean. Pat potatoes dry with a clean kitchen towel. Use a fork to poke holes all over each potato. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil all over the tops of the potatoes. Use your hands to rub the oil to cover the entire potato. Sprinkle each potato with salt and pepper.
    2. Place potatoes right on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
    3. After 45 minutes of baking, add the broccoli and cauliflower to a small baking sheet. Coat the veggies with the remaining tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of black pepper. Roast the veggies along with the potatoes for 15-20 more minutes. Once the potatoes are fork-tender, carefully remove them and the veggies from the oven.
    4. Cut the top 1/4 of each potato off. Roughly chop the removed "cap" of the potatoes and then add to a large mixing bowl. Using tongs or oven mitts to grip the potatoes, scoop the inside out of each potato, leaving the skin behind. Add the scooped-out potato to the large mixing bowl.
    5. Add the heavy cream, sour cream, broccoli, cauliflower, 1/4 sharp cheddar cheese, 1/4 white cheddar, 3/4 the chopped chives, a large pinch of salt, and a small pinch of black pepper to the mixing bowl.
    6. Use a fork to mix and roughly mash the potato mixture until combined.
    7. Scoop the potato/broccoli/cauliflower filling back into each potato. Make sure to use the back of the spoon to press the filling down to get as much in as possible.
    8. Place each potato onto the small baking sheet you used for the broccoli and cauliflower. Top each potato with the remaining cheese and chives. Bake for 20-25 more minutes until the cheesy is melted and golden.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?