🥔🥔Potatoes - Potatoes - Potatoes🥔🥔

Options

Comments

• FarmerB
    FarmerB Posts: 499 Level 3
    Options

One of my favorite Mexican dishes ever, especially for breakfast as a taco or part of a breakfast plate. I grew up on this with my mom making it all the time.

Papas Rancheras

4 medium potatoes, rinse and diced

¼ cup oil

1 small onion

1 medium tomatoes, rinse and diced

1 jalapeño, rinse and diced

1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

Salt to taste

In a pot add oil, let it heat up, then add potatoes, cook and let it toast a bit while it's toasting cover with lid to let it steam and softened, do this until it's all toasty lite brown, and cooked all the way through, now add onions, cilantro and jalapeños cook until translucent, then add tomato and salt. 

Serve as a side dish or on a corn or flour tortilla.

This is not my recipe, i got it from: https://mamasinthekitchencookingnbaking.blogspot.com/2017/12/papas-ranchera.html?m=1

• Shagunpro
    Shagunpro Posts: 676 Level 4
    edited April 2023
    Options

@PummyRaj , I know you must like this recipe. It is called "Aloo ke Parathe"

Ingredients-

1. Dough made from whole wheat flour – A basic dough is made with whole wheat flour (atta), salt, oil and water. Making this unleavened dough is very easy and you can either knead it with your hands or in a stand mixer
    2. Mashed potato stuffing – Potatoes are boiled, peeled and then mashed. The mashed potatoes are seasoned with herbs, spices and salt, and then are stuffed in a rolled dough before being roasted or fried.

Recipe-

First take the dough and unleavened. Then the potato stuffing is filled in this chappati after which it is again unleavened. Then it is heated on the pan with a good amount of ghee or butter after which your paratha is ready!

• Palash_Sarma
    Palash_Sarma Posts: 11,260 Level 5
    Options

Hi @PummyRaj

When frying potatoes, simply wash and cut potatoes into wedges or strips (peel first, if desired). Other ingredients you'll need include oil, shortening or lard for frying (depending on which frying method you choose), and seasonings of your choice. You'll use a shallow frying pan for shallow frying, or a deep fryer (or large pot) to deep fry. Fry potatoes in oil, shortening or lard for about 5 to 6 minutes; then drain potatoes on paper towels and add seasonings.

• Nico_G
    Nico_G Posts: 5,444 Level 5
    Options

@PummyRaj Here is the Gratin Dauphinois:

Ingredients:

1 kg potatoes au gratin

2 cloves garlic

20g soft butter

30 cl of milk

30 cl whipping cream

Fine salt

1 grated nutmeg

White pepper from the mill

20g breadcrumbs

Preparation of the recipe:

Preheat the oven to 180°C (th. 6). Wash, brush and peel the potatoes. Cut potato slices of about 4 mm with a mandolin or a knife. Peel the garlic cloves. Crush a clove of garlic with a wide slicing knife, pressing the blade with your fingers. Rub the entire bottom and sides of the gratin dish with the other garlic clove. Butter the dish by pressing the butter on all sides with the back of a spoon. Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until boiling. Pour in the potatoes. Add 4 pinches of salt. Add the nutmeg. Add the crushed garlic clove. Give 6 turns of the pepper mill. Stir well. Let cook for 5 minutes. When boiling, the potatoes lose their starch and the milk-cream mixture thickens. Remove the potato slices with a slotted spoon. Place them in the dish, distributing them well. Pour the liquid from the saucepan into the dish. Bake and cook for 45 mins. Check the potatoes for doneness with the tip of a knife. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Put back in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes to brown well.

• LeFlarcane
    LeFlarcane Posts: 19,904 Level 5
    Options

Hi @PummyRaj, this thread is so mouth-watering! Here is the recipe, and it's called "Patatas Bravas"

Source: Delish

Ingredients

POTATOES

• 4 russet potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
    • 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
    • 3 c. extra-virgin olive oil

ALIOLI

• 2 large egg yolks
    • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped 
    • 1 tsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
    • 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard 
    • 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil 
    • Kosher salt

BRAVAS SAUCE

• 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil 
    • 1/2 tsp. Spanish smoked paprika 
    • 1/2 tsp. Spanish sweet paprika 
    • 1/4 tsp. Spanish hot paprika or cayenne pepper
    • 1/2 c. tomato sauce
    • 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth 
    • 1/2 tsp. sherry vinegar

Cooking Directions

POTATOES

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and 2 teaspoons salt. Cook until potatoes begin to soften, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain, spread on a baking sheet, and let cool. 
    2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until an instant-read or deep-fry thermometer registers 360°. Fry potatoes, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a paper towel-lined plate; season with salt.

ALIOLI

1. In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks, garlic, lime juice, and mustard. Whisking constantly, slowly stream in oil drop by drop just until mixture thickens (it helps to do this in stages to prevent sauce from breaking); season with salt. 

BRAVAS SAUCE

1. In a medium saucepan over medium high-heat, heat oil. Add smoked paprika, sweet paprika, and hot paprika and stir to combine. Toast spices, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
    2. Stir in tomato sauce, broth, and vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium high-heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced, about 5 minutes.
    3. Arrange potatoes on a platter. Drizzle with bravas sauce and alioli.

• rebelchild
    rebelchild Posts: 16,445 Level 5
    Options

@PummyRaj thanks for the fun contest. Farm studio I love the badge

Potato Leek Soup

Ingredients:

2-3 pounds potatoes

5 cups chopped leeks

1 quart chicken broth

2-3 cups cream or half and half

4 table spoons butter

Salt and pepper

Directions:

Peel and cut up potatoes

Rinse leeks well and chop into small pieces

Put in a pot with quart of chicken broth and cook until potatoes are tender. Slightly mash potato mixture with fork or potato masher. Add cream and butter and simmer stirring often. Add salt and pepper according to your tastes. Serve hot.

• EnergizerBunny
    EnergizerBunny Posts: 3,083 Level 5
    edited April 2023
    Options

Fried potatoes in oven

4 to 6 russet potatoes you can skin them or leave as is. I like the skin on and diced up

Onions

Chopped bell peppers 🌶

Zucchini chopped

Place in large bowl had olive oil and season to taste let it sit for about an hour and then place them on a cookie sheet and cook until tender or to your desire texture at 350 degrees for about 45 to a hour

Lately I been using air fryer for this recipe

Just as good.

Only the Picture was from the net

• BQN537
    BQN537 Posts: 25,160 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @PummyRaj

My sister in law was a vegetarian. The food she made was amazing 🤩.

This recipe I found on the internet 🥔🥔🥔

• teeweiping
    teeweiping Posts: 7,284 Level 5
    edited April 2023
    Options

Sweet potato & peanut curry

(Source from bbcgoodfood.com)

Ingredients

1 tbsp coconut oil

1 onion, chopped

2 garlic cloves, grated

thumb-sized piece ginger, grated

3 tbsp Thai red curry paste (check the label to make sure it’s vegetarian/ vegan)

1 tbsp smooth peanut butter

500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks

400ml can coconut milk

200g bag spinach

1 lime, juiced

cooked rice, to serve (optional)

dry roasted peanuts, to serve (optional)

Method

STEP 1

Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and soften 1 chopped onion for 5 mins. Add 2 grated garlic cloves and a grated thumb-sized piece of ginger, and cook for 1 min until fragrant.

STEP 2

Stir in 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste, 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter and 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks, then add 400ml coconut milk and 200ml water.

STEP 3

Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 mins or until the sweet potato is soft.

STEP 4

Stir through 200g spinach and the juice of 1 lime, and season well. Serve with cooked rice, and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts. END

@PummyRaj I found this recipe when surfing internet, it's one of the high ratings recipe. Hope you like it.

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 16,748 Pro Player 👑
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yummy 😋

I just miss my gran's chips, cut from our farm grown potatoes, cooked in beef dripping, fried in a shallow pan. They were the best ever!

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?