🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

(FINISHED) Win 50 Gold Bars with the Secret Library!

Comments

• kaiser1618
    kaiser1618 Posts: 268 Level 4
    The Farseer trilogy from Robin Hobb.

• LisaMarie
    LisaMarie Posts: 37 Level 2
    Charlotte's Web & Anne of Green Gables 😀
  • LisaMarie
    LisaMarie Posts: 37 Level 2
    Oh, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy & The Hobbit ♥️♥️ 
  • Diane_Smith-2
    Diane_Smith-2 Posts: 62 Level 3
    My best memories are of the Nancy Drew mystery series. Was thinking of re-reading them all.
  • SarLou
    SarLou Posts: 55 Level 3
    The Wastelands - book 3 of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I must have read it 30 times since I first picked it up over 20 years ago. 
  • LisaBugBoo
    LisaBugBoo Posts: 6 Level 2
    My favorite book...  Hhhmmmm... This is kinda difficult because i love so many, but im gonna say "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz.
  • cfisher6383
    cfisher6383 Posts: 51 Level 2
    My absolute favorite book of all time is "Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting"with the close second being "The Shack". I honestly think everyone should read The Shack, it's an amazing story  (for those who don't like to read, it is available as a movie and the movie stays 100% true to the book. (And we all know that never happens. Lol) as for the first one, a friend of mine recommended it when I got really sick the first time and it made me realize that no matter what life was going to throw at me, I had to find the will to focus on the positive instead of the negative. Rather than sitting in a hospital bed (which are actually pretty comfy nowadays...but they also display your weight which kinda sucks because they're trying to force feed you all these nutrients to get you to gain weight and in my case, that's never gonna happen. I'm positive of that. Lol)
    The book itself helps make you understand that life will throw curveballs at any given moment and it gives ideas on how to address each obstacle with a positive outcome already played out in your mind. Ie: my ex just sued me today for full primary physical custody of our daughter. I was angry, like ready to explode angry. But I sat down and actually read everything his lawyer sent in his paperwork and the more I read, the more.I saw that he  perjured <⬅is that a word> himsel. Whatever, anyway he not only lied  on the documents he signed with his lawyer stating I was in contempt by not allowing him the amount of time listed on our original  custody agreement from Nov 2015, but also handed me a copy of the "true and correct" original agreement which in the case,  proved HE was not following the agreement and now, according to the actual custody agreement set as of Nov 15, 2015 he has been in contempt for withholding her for a total of 648 hours or 27 days just from May 1st whereas he lost 18 hours he claims I didn't allow her to go on 9 different days causing him to lose 2 hours each day  and perjured himself stating that our original agreement states he is to have her overnight 2 nights a week when truthfully he was only granted time during the week from 4pm-6pm during school and 1pm-6pm during the summer per original agreement. Taking the advice from the book and instead of focusing on the lies I started to focus on what I know to be true and anyone who knows me, knows the truth.
    I apologize for for the novel, but I had to share  because I truly believe everyone should read this book and explain why.
  • sharpshooter8888
    sharpshooter8888 Posts: 46 Level 2
    I love all the Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency books - with the characters residing in Botswana. Awesome books!
  • MiaChristine
    MiaChristine Posts: 3,325 Legend
    George R.R. Martin’s, A Game of Thrones collection. Absolutely fantastic and hoping for a release of the sixth novel The Winds of Winter
  • sakura
    sakura Posts: 165 Level 3
    AWH! <3 my fav book is also le petit prince :3 i read it in french class and it made me love the language more & the story is so cute and sweet. it also has many quotes that absolutely adore. one of the best is: "voici mon secret. il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." <3<3<3

besides that one, i guess i really adore children's books in general. i love reading to others and dr. suess books are always a big hit with the younger kids i work with. :)

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?