Official Announcement regarding AlphaBetty Saga’s Development on Facebook

Options
Crazy Cat Lad
Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
edited December 2020 in Support

Dear Community,

We are sorry to inform you that from the 15th of December 2020, AlphaBetty Saga will no longer be available on Facebook. Please also bear in mind that in-app purchases were disabled from the 27th of October 2020 and onwards.

Please note that AlphaBetty Saga on iOS, Android and any other mobile app stores is not affected by this decision and continues its development.

We would like to extend a huge thank you for spending your time with us playing AlphaBetty Saga over the years, and we would love to have you join us in the many adventures that still continue here with us.

If you do not choose to play AlphaBetty Saga in any of the other platforms, we encourage you to pursue your adventures in our many other games. You can find a full list of them here.

FAQs

1. I play AlphaBetty Saga on Facebook. What does it mean for me?

You will no longer be able to access the game and it won’t be playable from that platform. You can play from iOS and Android though if you choose to.

2. Why do you end AlphaBetty Saga’s service on Facebook?

We understand that the decision to discontinue service for AlphaBetty Saga can come as a disappointment to you. Thank you for all your support over the years - we look forward to creating new and exciting games that you’ll be sure to enjoy.

3. When does their service end?

On the 15th of December of 2020.

4. After the 15th of December of 2020, will I be able to open the game on Facebook and check on my progress?

No.

5. Can I move my game from Facebook to a mobile device and continue playing there?

Yes! Download the game from App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore to your smartphone or tablet. When opening the game, tap the blue 'My account' button on the start menu followed by 'Continue with Facebook'. Log in to your Facebook account and all levels and Gold Bars will be synced.

You can sync the game from Facebook to a mobile device even after the 15th December. The progress is still saved on your Facebook account.

6. Are there similar King games I can play on Facebook?

Yes, King has lots of games you'll be sure to enjoy. You can check them all out here.

7. What will happen to my in-game items?

Gold Bars can be synced to the game on a mobile device and also be used on any other platform. Boosters and other in-game items will be usable until the end of service on Facebook. After the 15th of December you'll no longer be able to play the game on Facebook and would subsequently lose any stored items except Gold Bars at that point. We recommend that you use them prior to this date.

If you have any purchased items in the game that you haven't been able to use before the 15th of December, please contact our Player Support here. Please note that free items cannot be replaced or compensated as mentioned in the game's Term & Conditions.

Comments

• Toandd
    Toandd Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I'm really upset that you're taking most of the games I play off Facebook, as that is the only place I play games on. This is very upsetting and stressful during these difficult times, when we need the game distraction even more. Bubble Witch and now this!!!

• DebbieMay
    DebbieMay Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited December 2020
    Options

Why is Alpha Betty being taken off of Facebook? You never answered the question ... you just apologized for any inconvenience.

• michellewall68
    michellewall68 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Thanks for the update....that would have been nice to know before trying all the suggestions. Hate to see it leave, but looks like there will be other ways to access. Appreciate the response...however disappointing.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,999 Candy Moderator
    Options

Thank you for the detailed update and explanation dear Crazy Cat Lad 🙏

A question... will I be able to play the game on King.Com (on PC)? Or would that be affected too?

Thank you in advance ❤️

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Options

@PummyRaj Since Flash Player is getting disabled in the browsers the game got retired on King.com in October already since King.com had the Flash Player version still.

You can find all info HERE.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,999 Candy Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Options

Thank you so much for clarifying that for me dear Crazy Cat Lad 🙏🏼 🤗

I was able to play ABS on my laptop through King.com even on the day I have posted my above comment!

Just checked right now to ask you and, I do not have the “Play” option (I had to run an “update” yesterday for my laptop).

Although this is different topic, once the “Flash Player” is disabled, we will not be able to log into “King.Com”, isn’t it?

I have recently realized that I can go to King.com on my iPad too! Once the Flash Player is gone, I cannot do that too, right?

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Options

@PummyRaj The site itself is not running on Flash Player, just the games. The most popular games like Candy Crush Saga, Candy Crush Soda Saga etc have been transferred to HTML5 so they are already running without Flash Player on King.com. So you can continue playing several of the games even after the disable of Flash.

Other games like AlphaBetty and Pet Rescue Saga have been retired on King.com.

You cannot play any games on King.com on an iPad, just see the overview of games. On an iPad you will need to download the app from App Store in order to play the game.

• juanmarcelo
    juanmarcelo Posts: 36 Level 2
    Options

Hi, how are you? I would like the decision to remove the game from facebook to be reversed. Many of us still use the application. It is one of the few games that healthily exercise neurons. Thank you.

• BarryGibbIsGod
    BarryGibbIsGod Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited December 2020
    Options

(EDITED by CM - Inappropriate/ insulting language) 

• abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    Options

for those who have mobile devices ... ABS is still available on phones and tablets ... my wife got me a tablet 2 years ago against my wishes ... she got me a keurig against my wishes ... she is a keeper ... maybe Santa or your keeper will surprise you at Christmas .... don't give up

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?