🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Narrow play window

Options
cherns
cherns Posts: 5 Level 2
User ID 10226653781. Running on a Win 10 Pro desktop; two monitors, both with 1920x1080.
Whenever I play the game, the play area is confined to a narrow window, with an out-of-focus area on both sides. My wife, also playing on a Win 10 desktop, sees the game in more of a full window, with no side stuff. I've tried various ways to expand my play area, but so far I haven't succeeded. Is there a way?

Answers

• KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @cherns - hope you are having a nice weekend. I have not seen this issue before. Let me tag a Superstar to try and assist you further.

@firebombmarkus @Pummy_Raj @Alansmart @Joseph45 - can one of you please assist further here? 🙏🏻
  • Alansmart
    Alansmart Posts: 1,302 Level 5
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @cherns, thank you for tagging this one @Foley1362.. it is indeed a unique situation, I have a question about the drivers and settings of the desktops being the same?
  • pappy335
    pappy335 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I get same narrow screen with blurred sides .Win 10 can anyone provide a solution
  • pappy335
    pappy335 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    why doesn't king provide tech support instead of a bunch of people who don't help?
  • KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @pappy335 - sorry to hear you are frustrated. Unfortunately not all of us play the game on a PC so each users experience is different and all of the Superstars in here are volunteers. 

I am am going to tag @Elsa and @Pummy_Raj who both have a little more experience dealing with PC issues around the Windows 10 settings I believe.

I did a little research on google about this issue for you also @pappy335 but I am not sure they would sufficiently solve the problem for you. I suggest you can research the issue there also or wait for one of our Superstars to respond as soon as they can. I hope you are able to get it figured at soon.
  • cherns
    Options
    Thank you, folks, for your replies.
    My wife and I both have custom-built desktop computers, both with ASUS motherboards and running Win 10 (me Pro, her Home Premium).

My system (showing the funny display above):
    AMD Radeon HD 5670 video card, driver 15.201.11156.1008, running two monitors: ASUS M238 and Samsung SyncMaster SA300, both about 24" diagonal, both with 1920x1080 resolution.

Her system (showing CCw/Friends in a larger rectangular display):
    NVIDIA GeForce GT430 video card, driver 23.21.13.9155, with HP 27er 27" monitor, running 1920x1080 resolution.

FWIW, it looks to me as if the display I'm getting, with the fuzzy-focus side panels, is a deliberate mode rather than just some video-card artifact.

Thanks again.  Cheers, --Howard

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    Options
    @Foley1362 thanks for tagging me.  I just opened the game on my Windows 10 and it doesn't look like that.  @cherns, here is some troubleshooting for Windows 10.  Since you already have all that computer knowledge I don't have to remind you to make sure that you have the latest version of the game!  Hopefully this troubleshooting resolves it.  If you have to uninstall the game and reinstall it you sholdn't lose your boosters.  I have offered this advice and did it myself with CC Saga and the boosters and lives were still there so it should also work with CC Friends Saga.

https://community.king.com/en/blog/discussion/247421/having-problems-connecting-to-facebook-on-a-windows-10-game-app#latest

• desim8a
    desim8a Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    cherns said:
    User ID 10226653781. Running on a Win 10 Pro desktop; two monitors, both with 1920x1080.
    Whenever I play the game, the play area is confined to a narrow window, with an out-of-focus area on both sides. My wife, also playing on a Win 10 desktop, sees the game in more of a full window, with no side stuff. I've tried various ways to expand my play area, but so far I haven't succeeded. Is there a way?

I have the exact same problem! I found this thread by searching the forum, and the only thing i can offer is that i noticed the ratio changed from full screen to just the narrow band as above after i signed in to my account. PLEASE someone help figure this out, it is very annoying! Especially since i was just playing on nearly full screen two days ago!
  • AlejHerrBar2k3
    AlejHerrBar2k3 Posts: 465 Level 4
    Options
    (sigh) Has anyone ever noticed the game is confined to a place in the center of the window without anything else on the left and right sides simply because there is no landscape mode yet?!

The panels on the left and right sides are there to fill-in because Candy Crush Friends is adapted to be run on portrait screens. If you play on a Windows 10 tablet on a portrait resolution or set your screen to show a portrait resolution, then the game will be truly full-screen, without any surrounding panels. Maybe when landscape mode is available the panels may disappear. I hope I have helped you all around!
  • cherns
    Options
    @AlejHerrBar2k3 : But by wife's machine, which is also running Win10, shows a rectangular screen (not landscape, but without the sidebars like mine).
    @desim8a: that's interesting! maybe it's an artifact of having signed in? I'll have to check whether my wife's version is signed in or not.
    Thanks to all who are joining in to help!  --cherns/Howard

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?