🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Discussion on Charged Friend Abilities

2»

Comments

• SeraphicStar
    SeraphicStar Posts: 4,536 Legend
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ @QueenMia , so I would have to grab an app compatible with Android devices. I've seen many people who post level tutorials on Youtube using something called GameRecorder or something like that. I suppose I could see if that's something I can use with my phone. :o
  • flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
    @SeraphicStar Samsung Game Launcher has built-in recording function. It's the standard app that manage all the Games App in Samsung's version of Android. You should have it on your phone already.
  • flew66
    I think what @SeraphicStar trying to describe is that some of the friends' ability are immediate and some aren't. For example, nutcracker, Dachs and Red Rabbit destroy blockers immediately after they are charged. On the other hand, Tiffi, Yeti and Odus will put fish, wrapped candy and stripped candies respectively on the board but not activated / detonated. If the friend is charged up at the very last move, the difference in how the friendly charges are activated could mean passing a level or failing. I hope I capture the point adequately.
  • SeraphicStar
    Hmm yes this is kinda what I mean @flew66 , but the other day I even had Nutcracker get interrupted right before he used his ability and it said game over... :anguished:

Granted this is slightly different than passing the level, but I still think any time a friends ability is charged they should be allowed to use it before the level is considered over.... :unamused:

I still need to look into that Samsung Game Launcher option a bit more thoroughly, but last time I looked I wasn't able to find the option. I might end up having to google the location since sometimes it isn't very apparent where certain settings are located. 🤔
  • flew66
    @SeraphicStar I'm using S9+ and running Android Pie so there may be slight differences. However Game launcher has been around since S7 days. You should have the recording function if you launch CCF from Game Launcher. You would find a Game Tools icon on bottom of screen. Click on it and you will find the Record function.

• GranBarb
    GranBarb Posts: 378 Level 4
    @SeraphicStar, I think I know what you're asking. At the end of the game, say you have 6 moves left & your"friend" is charged up. Sometimes it will use that charge & you get more points. But, sometimes it just goes to the end scene. You might get more points if your "friend" uses his/her power.
    I think a good example would be;. If you're using the rabbit (can't think of his name), & you're out of moves & didn't reach your goal. But, he's charged up. If he can use his power, he might actually clear some blocks & you might actually win.
    Do I have it right? 
  • SeraphicStar
    Yes I think that's pretty close to what I'm saying @GranBarb. The end of level thing is more of a curiosity, but it could mean the difference between getting 3 stars or only 2 on some levels. 🤔

However, the one I'm most annoyed at after playing for longer is when your friend gets charged up from cascade or what but it quickly gives game over without allowing them to cast their skill. I understand certain characters it may not matter, but some of them it matters quite a lot as that could mean the difference between passing the level or failing it... :unamused:
  • GranBarb
    GranBarb Posts: 378 Level 4
    @SeraphicStar, I absolutely agree! I'm like you. I don't understand when the friend can use their ability & when you get game over. 🤔
  • marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    @GranBarb and @SeraphicStar I agree with you both. It really could make a difference and if you've completed the appropriate amount of moves to get a character charge you should be allowed to use it regardless. I have actually completed a level when out of moved because a fish colored in a jelly block . 
  • Ajelsan
    Ajelsan Posts: 21 Level 2
    Well, hello there.

It's so nice for me to be scrolling there and finding people who might ask themselves about the game's mechanics.

I perfectly figure what you guys are talking about. And I also got numerous cases where "that one last ability should have been released, hit the board and cleared the level at once, finally". 

But, as there's the real question asked by @SeraphicStar first, during the end of the game, whether there is a cascade effect or not, on the last move, for Nutcracker/Dachs/Red Bunny because of their candy crushing ability that can trigger a cascade effect (happens more often with Nutcracker on some levels), or, for any character, by using the "Friendly Charged Fish" bonus... in both cases, one can have a chain reaction and both bonuses can feed one another, and create more chain reactions.

This "out-of-moves" situation is a high hopes slayer or sometimes a real satisfaction to pass through.

I didn't spend any time on recording any level, didn't have any goal for that, but I could tell numerous examples where I had this situation, and the major fact is the randomness of the activation of the friendly charge, right a the moment one is out of moves.

Sometimes the friendly charge activates itself and sometimes it doesn't. I really don't know why or how exactly, as I didn't study it properly.

I can study it on level 1127 right now, as I don't remember the former level I had to study the chain reaction using Nutcracker, but I guess there could be some conditions to fulfill in order to have "this one last move" trigger a character's ability... and maybe I'll find why it doesn't.
    😄

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?