🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Different types of owls

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,694 Sweet Legend
edited May 2020 in Candy Friends Stories

It’s time to end our story ………….. but before we do let’s check in with Tiffi one more time. 

Tiffi asks Odus to come over because she wants him to check out his story before it gets posted. He arrives at her house on time and as she walks over to the computer she starts chattering away, her usual talkative state of mind. 

“So Odus, besides doing all the reminiscing with you I really didn’t know much about owls,” Tiffi says. “I gathered some information from articles that I found on Google. I want you to please follow along as we read this together. I want to make sure that the facts about owls are correct.” 

Odus really loves what Tiffi wrote, except for the part where it says owls are not wise. He knows that’s not true because he’s been around for 110 years and has gained a lot of knowledge! He thinks that perhaps he should write to the person who wrote the article saying that what they wrote was incorrect.

Physical Description and Appearance

Size: Owls vary in size from one species to another. The smallest elf owl, Tamaulipas pygmy owl, and long-whiskered owlet measure 5 in (13.5 m) while the largest Blakiston’s fish owl and Eurasian eagle-owl are 28 in (71 cm) long.

Weight: Their weight varies between 1 oz (31 g) and 9.3 lb (4.2 kg).

Color: Their feathers can be brown, tan, gray, white, and Rufous.

Face: They have oval faces, quite apparent in great gray owls and barn owls.

Ears: These are located at the side of their heads and are not aligned symmetrically.

Feathers: They have two types of feathers, comprising the outer layer of protetive contour feathers and an inner layer of insulating fluffy feathers. (More here

Together they look at the picture that Tiffi found online comparing the different types of owls. Odus wonders which owl resembles him…………………….. 

The End!

Start at the beginning – Who is Odus?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?