🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Last is Tiffi, Olivia and Misty

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
edited September 2020 in Candy Friends Stories

Kim now moves on the next two characters. She gets the signal that they have to break for a commercial.

Many advertisements are shown, like maybe 5 or 6, and then it’s time to go back to the interview in Candy Town. The camera man signals that they will be back on the air in 3 ….. 2 ….. 1 ….. 

“Here we have a cute energetic character,” says Kim. “What’s your name and how did you come up with your idea?”

“My name is Tiffi and I was searching on Google for an idea,” Tiffi says. “I really didn’t want to spend too much time searching or go crazy looking for a detailed scarecrow because I knew it would take me longer to do one with a lot of details. So, I just chose this. Then I found some interesting articles about crows and why they end up sitting on a scarecrow in a field. The article mentioned that birds are wary but adaptable. They stay away from anything that looks suspicious or out of place but if it stays put for a while they will get used to it. Eventually they will roost on the scarecrow. Interesting huh?” 

Kim does find that information interesting. 

“Well thank you Tiffi for speaking to me,” Kim says. “Good luck today!” 

Kim looks at the time again and it’s not too bad. She just has the one interview left to do. She asks Olivia and Misty to talk about their scarecrows.

“My name is Olivia and this is my friend Misty,” Olivia says. “We were both googling about scarecrows and we both found such interesting articles. I found an article about the history of scarecrows. Did you know that in ancient Greece, wooden statues were placed in the fields. They were carved to represent the son of Aphrodite. The son was hideously ugly so the birds  avoided the fields where these scarecrows were situated. The  Greek influence spread into Roman territory and Roman farmers soon adopted the practice.”

Very interesting information! Kim never knew the history behind this.

“I found an article about a scarecrow festival held in Japan every year,” Misty says. “Each autumn, some farming villages put on kakashi (scarecrow) displays in rice fields. This scarecrow festival runs at the same time as a famous Saga International Balloon Fiesta, which attracts huge numbers of spectators from all over Japan and overseas. We were so busy talking about the articles that we found so we didn’t go too crazy looking for scarecrow ideas. We both found designs of a he and she and that’s what we chose.”

Kim has to wrap it up now as the judging is about to begin.

“Thank you girls and good luck today!” Kim says.

Continue here - The winners are announced!

Interview story beginning - Breaking news in the Candy Kingdom

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?