🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Yeti finds some good tips that might be helpful

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,691 Sweet Legend
edited July 2022 in Candy Friends Stories

‘Sadly, not every lost friend is found. The search is still on for Itsy Bitsy and many other beloved pals. If you happen to spot them online, head to the subreddit and make a kid happy—and his parents very, very relieved.

Here are some tips for finding a replica of a lost lovey:

Try a Google reverse image search. In the Google Images search bar, click on the camera icon and upload the image or paste the url. As the HelpMeFind admins point out, this can be very helpful in identifying a source of a random image you may have on hand, or even an object in the image.

If you know the name of the manufacturer, contact them. We did this when we had an unexpected washing machine incident and needed to find a replacement for Bunny, my daughter’s sleeping buddy. The company no longer sold the item online, but my husband emailed them with our dilemma. A kind employee happened to find an extra in their warehouse and shipped it to us for free! Bunny was back! That’s customer service.

Have a duplicate made. There are Etsy shops that can make a replica of your lost or “over-loved” plush toys. Know that these types of projects aren’t cheap, though.

Attach a bounty to your HelpMeFind post. It may give readers some extra incentive. For instance, this poster is offering a whopping $100 to anyone who can find an exact duplicate of the gray stuffed elephant they originally bought at a Safeway grocery store.

Try other online resources. Plush Memories Lost Toy Search Service is a Facebook group dedicated to finding lovies for children or adults. LostMyLovey.com calls itself “the online lost-and-found for children’s lost toys.” (Source)

“Hey Tiffi, I just found some tips that might be useful,” says Yeti. “For instance, they suggest a Google reverse image search. Have you ever heard of that?”

Tiffi has no clue what it is so she tells Yeti to look it up.

Continue reading - What is a Google reverse image search?

Start at the beginning - Tiffi and Yeti help a little lost teddy bear find his owner

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?