🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Tips and Tricks for playing the Dachs Delivery Service in CCFS

Options
UncleBob2
UncleBob2 Posts: 126 Level 2

For all who play the Dachs Delivery Service with a team in CCFS, what tips would you give new players?

Have you found any tricks that help you and your teammates accomplish the Team Tasks in DDS more effectively?

For example, my first TIP for a new player on a DDS team would be “Check the current team progress on your chosen Team Task BEFORE you start playing, because the task information you see might be slightly out-of-date!”. (Knowing exactly how far your team has progressed lets you know exactly how much more you should try to achieve on your next attempt at that task, and sometimes you will even find out that your chosen task has already been completed, in which case you can shift to a new Team Task and not waste your efforts.)

The TRICK that will help you get the current team progress on a DDS Team Task is to scroll back to the last portal you have transitioned through, and then click on that portal and go back temporarily to the previous set of 20 levels—see screen shot below . This transition refreshes the Team Task display and will give you the most current status, after which you can go back through the portal to your Current Level and try to make more progress on that task for your team!

So what tips or tricks have all you other players of Dachs Delivery Service found?

Cheers!

Uncle Bob

Comments

• UncleBob2
    Options

Suppose you find an ideal “New Level” to complete Team Tasks for a delivery of Dachs Delivery Service. Would you (1) play to WIN and progress normally, or (2) play to LOSE and stay at that level until you complete all the relevant Team Tasks?

This is a real question because our DDS team right now has these 6 Team Tasks:

I am at “new” Level 4541, a 3-screen level with Odus, Tifi, and Yeti as the available helpers. Thus I can complete 5 out of the 6 tasks (all except the “Win 30 New Classic Levels” task) by repeatedly playing Level 4541.

What would YOU do in this situation?

Partly because I am a team leader, and partly because I am within 20 levels of the “end of the road/map”, I have chosen to play to complete the 5 Team Tasks at this level , and therefore have to intentionally lose at the end of each game. [ I will just note for any of you who may decide to do this, that it turns out to be just as difficult to play to definitely lose as it is to play to definitely win, particularly if one has the Friendly Fish, Friendly Charge, or Friendly Coloring Candy boosters.] Cheers!

• UncleBob2
    edited October 2023
    Options

So does this “stay at an optimal CCFS Level for completing Team Tasks” strategy actually work?

Although it is hard to get clean data when other team members are also contributing to a Team Task, today I have been the only team member on two of the Team Tasks below using Level 4541:

Making 29 Color Bombs (using Tifi) took about 12-13 lives as my high score was 4 Color Bombs and my low score was 0, but most of the time I could construct 2 or 3 Color Bombs using Screens 1&2 of Level 4541. Those first 2 screens have open playing fields where things can be carefully constructed, while Screen 3 is divided down the center is is basically useless for constructing Color Bombs.

I kept careful track when I switched to making striped candies (using Odus), and made 247 striped candies using 5 lives, for an average of 49.4 per attempt. But to do that I had to construct Color Bombs where possible and then combine them with a striped candy to make many copies. When I could accomplish that, the score was over 50 striped candies per life, but when I could not do that, I only made 30-45 striped candies per life. The critical advantage of a multi-screen level for making huge numbers of fish, striped candies, or wrapped candies in this fashion is that although you get massive destruction on that screen, the destruction is LIMITED TO THAT SCREEN. That is important because although you can completely destroy Screen 1 and 2 with impunity, then you have to be extremely careful to “play to lose” on Screen 3.

Having made good progress on those two Team Tasks, I’m switching over to the “Combine Fish with Wrapped Candy” Team Task for a bit this evening, probably using Tifi again unless the third helper is switched over to Yeti. I hope you are having as much fun with this as I am!

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,798 Level 3
    edited October 2023
    Options

"What would you do in this situation?"

If the game was still interesting to me, I would stop "burning myself at the stake."

I would create a new account in the game and start all over again.

Play is not a sacrifice.

Play is relaxation and pleasure.

• UncleBob2
    edited October 2023
    Options

I find Level 4541 (of CCFS) to be fun as well as quite useful. I am often trying to make as many Fish or Striped Candies as possible, and to do that having either Color Bombs or Coloring Candies is a great way to multiply either those special candies.

Screen # 1 possibilities on this try included 3 Coloring Candies that I made, but Screen 1is set up with beautifully cross-linked explosions of bubble-gum squares and releases of fish, so usually I could only make massively destructive events occur once or twice if I was lucky!

Many of the total of 30 moves that are allowed for Level 4541 I spent on Screen 2, which has a nice, large work area for constructing Color Bombs and either the Fish or Striped Candies I needed:

Screen #3, as usual in the multi-screen levels, is much harder. In this case Screen 3 has two narrow columns separated by a gap, and that makes constructing and manipulating things much more difficult:

The final “advantage” of Screen #3 is that the lowest row of Caramel Cups are sufficiently blocked that it takes a great deal of destruction to both get rid of the Caramel Cups and then spread the jam to all the squares. Thus, in the example above I could combine the Color Bomb with the Striped Candy above it and feel confident that the ensuing massive destruction would still leave a couple of uncovered squares so that I would continue to lose the game!

Cheers!

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,764 Sweet Legend
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello! @UncleBob2

To be honest, I'm already one lap ahead with my team. We have received full gifts once and are already in the 2nd round. It is moving quickly. I have no problems with my team.

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    Grumpy_Old_Man Posts: 582 Level 4
    edited October 2023
    Options

Uncle Bob and I are in the same team. We are now half way through DDS9. I am mainly getting new stars, as two members are at the end of the line. Then once that's done, I do whatever else is left.

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have now just opened DDS 10.

• UncleBob2
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thank you for doing the stars and levels, because that allows me to stay on Level 4541 and create and combine the special candies for the other Team Tasks. I’m having many problems just getting the interface for this website to allow me to even type a comment, but thus “Thank you” is for @Grumpy_Old_Man els, nk

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    edited October 2023
    Options

With 23 hours to go, DDS 11 is now open.

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    edited October 2023
    Options

With one hour to go, we have completed two tasks in DDS 12. I think that's about it until next time.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?