🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Notification Issue on the forum

Options
King_admin
King_admin Posts: 3,296 Level 3
edited March 9 in Discussions
This discussion was created from comments split from: Bubblegum Troll event.

Comments

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,798 Level 3
    Options

I wrote my post in this thread. It was published. Then I edited my post. After that my post disappeared from this thread.

This is my first and only post today (for now) that I have published. Will someone tell me again that these are measures against spam? Is it true?

Stop lying to me.

• ElenaVorona
    Options

@Snow_Rider

Here's some personal information for you to think about.

These are your words: "To stay updated, please double-check that your notification settings are correctly configured."

I checked my notification settings two days ago. In a month it will be 4 years since I have been a member of this community. And my notification settings have not changed during this time.

But notifications do not arrive correctly.

I took these two screenshots on March 5th. The bell says that I only have 2 unread messages. How many unread messages do you see in my screenshots? Do you think this is the correct operation of the site/forum?

You can read this post of mine and forget about it.

But you can demand an explanation about this from competent people. I think you understand that this is not King's problem. And so you can ignore this problem. But this is the problem with the Community as a forum for communication.

None of us (ordinary Community members) know who these people are who run the forum. They don't contact us. They do not consider it necessary to communicate with us and explain to us the problems of the forum. But you, as a “person with general’s shoulder straps,” can contact them and demand that they correct the incorrect operation of notifications.

All in your hands. I just don't know if you have the desire and drive to find out the source of this problem... Do you have the persistence to solve this problem....

I don't know.

• ElenaVorona
    Options

I had to re-create this post. I hope he doesn't disappear again. But I'm not sure about that.

• ElenaVorona
    Options

I've known about drafts for a long time. I checked right away. I didn't have any drafts.

• Ibnana
    Ibnana Posts: 3,304 Pro Player 👑
    Options

I'm not doubting your intelligence, @ElenaVorona, just sharing some suggestions. My apologies. I've encountered situations where edits get saved in my drafts hours later and don't get posted.

• Snow_Rider
    Snow_Rider Posts: 1,658 Community Manager
    Options

Hello! So sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced. It's true that some comments may require manual approval, often triggered by repeated attempts to post the same message in a short period. We try to get through these as fast as we can, so thanks for hanging in there when it happens.

Thanks for bringing the notification issue to our attention. Our forum is powered by Vanilla, which periodically undergoes updates that might impact your settings. It's a good practice to regularly check your notification preferences to ensure they're set correctly. But if you're sure your settings are fine and you're still only seeing 2 unread notifications, I think it’s time to ask around and see if it’s just you or a bigger glitch.Mine works smoothly. 

With your permission, I'll move your comments to a separate thread to address them more effectively.

• Ibnana
    Ibnana Posts: 3,304 Pro Player 👑
    Options

snow_rider,

My notification settings have not changed either, yet the issue persists. Initially showing zero or one notification, upon opening, there are suddenly 20 or more. This problem is not unique to me.

I am careful in my communication, articulating my thoughts respectfully and precisely without editing my posts. I focus on presenting facts in a positive light, avoiding language that may provoke others. Both my speaking and writing are clear and concise, honed over a lifetime career that demands such finesse. Please do not mistake my politeness for ignorance; it would be a significant misunderstanding. I have messaged you privately and kindly request that any further discussions about me be held in private.

I value the respect of my name and online reputation. I have been asked to kindly request that my comments remain unchanged. If any comments violate an unknown rule to me, it should be discussed before any modifications are made to my messages.

Now, once more I've spent the past 3 hours in private messaging instead of enjoying the peaceful serene atmosphere I'm accustomed to in the games and community. All purchased boosters have since expired and my morning taken from me defending my name. This action and behavior is intolerable and must end, I'm absolutely finished with the harassment!!

• AnguaB
    AnguaB Posts: 3,833 Level 4
    edited March 8
    Options

Argh this forum hates me … long post … approval mode … if it ever comes through read it 😭 please

• AnguaB
    AnguaB Posts: 3,833 Level 4
    Options

This "little" post caused grey hair and wrecked nerves to get through. If ever the original is approved, it starts like this: 😉

I have also the problem, that I don't know if i caught all of my notifications, especially when I've been away for a day 99+ is awful. Mostly I'm working through them one after the other. Then there is the situation when everything is read but it still says there are unread comments. Looking through "all notifications" I still can't see which ones are unread, because they are not highlighted.

The other way around … when all my notifications are read and I can see, new ones are coming in, there are dots beside tbe thread but the bell says nothing new.

And my worst enemy: the approval Nirvana. Mostly it happens when you reply to someones thread. First it gets published but hey I'm typing fast and don't look at the text. Therefore I accidentally post texts with typos and I hate it. Editing these replys go to 99% to Nirvana to never be seen again. Most other edited texts work.

Here, I deleted the part about a song title that won't be posted … because hey it won't be posted in any form

Since this was a long text, I will mark it and save it just in case (I'm lazy).

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?