🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Level Design Needs You! Tell us how you like your moves!

Comments

• Hey everyone, thank you all for your insightful comments! We really do appreciate it.

We've collated them all so far and I've been reading through them. Just wanted to say thank you for your time, we'll be using all of the info to make our levels more fun for you all in future.

Watch this space, we'll be asking for your help again very soon!
  • ErikaAsr
    ErikaAsr Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited January 2020
    GranBarb said: @ChickenGoujohn, John, pleasure to make your acquaintance!
    Most of the levels have just about the right number of moves. I think it's obvious that a lot of thought went into the design of the levels.
    However, since you asked... I get angry when I've worked very hard trying to clear a level, sometimes for days. Then, I do get almost "there" (to the end), and it's either start over & maybe play for days, again, or buy moves. Then, inevitably, it takes only 1 more move - maybe 2 - to win. I'm trying to live on Social Security & I'm ashamed of how much $$$ I've put into this game! It's my own fault for doing it.
    Even if there was an "extra" move option - like in Farm Heroes, for us to win. It could make a big difference. Occasionally, in Farm Heroes, you can win the "+5 moves" booster. Of course, the down side of that booster in that game is that the player doesn't get to use that booster when he/she wants. Unfortunately, in that game with that booster, the game applies the booster when it's won. The player doesn't get the option of using it when they need it, or want to use it.
    I am one of those people who will save up boosters; I don't always want to use them right away. Needing that 1 extra move is a great example of why I save my boosters!
    Anyhow, enough of my rambling! You guys have done an amazing job with this game! 💝 Just having the characters with different attitudes that come through with the expressions on their faces, the moves they make, the SOUNDS they make is truly mind boggling! We actually feel like the characters are our "friends". The whole King team is absolutely amazing!
    Thank you so much ❤️ for this awesome game & for caring enough to ask our opinions!!! 
    ** Edited by CM - Unsupported Language **
  • ErikaAsr
    ErikaAsr Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited January 2020
    ** Edited by CM - Unsupported Language **
  • MiaChristine
    MiaChristine Posts: 3,325 Legend
    edited January 2020
    Hello @ChickenGoujohn it’s great to meet you! I agree with many that the harder the level the more moves are required.. I am currently stuck on level 1283 for so long I’ve lost track of time.. this level only has 22 moves it’s a classic level but it’s definitely going to need boosters or sheer luck that I haven’t had either. I’ve been stuck before but this level has me stumped 🤔 

UDATE... just completed the level.. used one booster and some luck came through...

• BleuuEyez13
    BleuuEyez13 Posts: 6 Level 2
  • Durwood
    Durwood Posts: 2 Newbie
    Instead of less or more moves why don't you and your associates come up with a challenge that clear the board spread the jelly etc in the least amount of moves. One player finished in 20 moves another 32 add up the moves and for every number between  1-500 Devine box  etc etc etc. 
    And why is it every time I have something good for my next move yoti or whoever takes it away?
  • harveyglom
    harveyglom Posts: 14 Level 2
    Hey everyone!

My name's John and I'm currently the Lead Level Designer from the Candy Crush Friends Saga team here in our London studio!

Myself and the level design team work very hard to bring you new and exciting levels every single week - but we're always looking to improve what we do and that's why I'm excited to be able to reach out to you all directly, here on our community forums!
    We want your opinions on some specific topics, to help us refine and improve the quality of the levels that you all see in the game. We really care what you guys think and would love to hear what you have to say. We think having a direct line of communication with our players is super-important and something we need to do more of, so here I am!

The plan will (hopefully) be for us to regularly reach out every 1-2 weeks with a specific topic related to level design and get some thoughts from you all so we can ensure you guys continue to love playing the game.

So for our first question:

We would love to hear how you feel about the length of our levels! Are they too long, too short, just perfect?
    • How would you feel if levels were less than 20 moves?
    • How would you feel if levels were more than 40 moves?
    I really hope this is something that excites you all as much as it excites us! We can't wait to hear what you have to say, and for us to talk a lot more in the future.
    I would like them less
  • Luic
    Luic Posts: 41 Level 2
    edited February 2020

Hi John @ChickenGoujohn. Thanks to you and your team for the superb work you do.

I live in the final levels (now 6275) waiting every week for new challenges.

I think that candy is like chess, each level requires intelligence and patience. I love quick games of 20 movements in which you need to solve difficulties quickly. Also I like long games (+40) of patience in which you need to improve your strategy If you want to clean the screen.

I use boosters for the quick games and strategy for the long games, is so funny, I love it. Thank you.

• Kay_Drayton
    Kay_Drayton Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited February 2020

I think you all should build something into the algorithm that recognizes when a high percentage of people keep failing the same level because repeatedly failing the same levels is one of the reasons I'll drop the game for months.

You should also give USEABLE GOLD BARS (IE that can be used for extra moves or to buy extras) not this stupid nonsense that just gives people a discount to but more gold bars. First off IT'S CONFUSING and second it's shady if we're "earning something" make it worth it TO US, NOT YOU! #JustSayn

Saga lvl 2037

Crush lvl 1660

Jelly lvl 771

Friends lvl 131

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?