New Feature! Welcome to the Sweet Streak 🍬🍬 Spring is coming to Candy Town 🌸
🍒 Win Gold bars with Yeti here and Boosters here 🍭 | 🌟 Say Hi here 👋
🔥 Hot right Now 🌶

Level Design Needs You! Tell us how you like your moves!

Comments

• GranBarbGranBarb Posts: 307 Level 4
    edited January 21
    @ChickenGoujohn, John, pleasure to make your acquaintance!
    Most of the levels have just about the right number of moves. I think it's obvious that a lot of thought went into the design of the levels.
    However, since you asked... I get angry when I've worked very hard trying to clear a level, sometimes for days. Then, I do get almost "there" (to the end), and it's either start over & maybe play for days, again, or buy moves. Then, inevitably, it takes only 1 more move - maybe 2 - to win. I'm trying to live on Social Security & I'm ashamed of how much $$$ I've put into this game! It's my own fault for doing it.
    Even if there was an "extra" move option - like in Farm Heroes, for us to win. It could make a big difference. Occasionally, in Farm Heroes, you can win the "+5 moves" booster. Of course, the down side of that booster in that game is that the player doesn't get to use that booster when he/she wants. Unfortunately, in that game with that booster, the game applies the booster when it's won. The player doesn't get the option of using it when they need it, or want to use it.
    I am one of those people who will save up boosters; I don't always want to use them right away. Needing that 1 extra move is a great example of why I save my boosters!
    Anyhow, enough of my rambling! You guys have done an amazing job with this game! 💝 Just having the characters with different attitudes that come through with the expressions on their faces, the moves they make, the SOUNDS they make is truly mind boggling! We actually feel like the characters are our "friends". The whole King team is absolutely amazing!
    Thank you so much ❤️ for this awesome game & for caring enough to ask our opinions!!! 
    As she has planted, so does she harvest;  Such is the field of karma.
                                                                                            Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • IshtarpixieIshtarpixie Posts: 1 New Bee
    Hey everyone!

My name's John and I'm currently the Lead Level Designer from the Candy Crush Friends Saga team here in our London studio!

Myself and the level design team work very hard to bring you new and exciting levels every single week - but we're always looking to improve what we do and that's why I'm excited to be able to reach out to you all directly, here on our community forums!
    We want your opinions on some specific topics, to help us refine and improve the quality of the levels that you all see in the game. We really care what you guys think and would love to hear what you have to say. We think having a direct line of communication with our players is super-important and something we need to do more of, so here I am!

The plan will (hopefully) be for us to regularly reach out every 1-2 weeks with a specific topic related to level design and get some thoughts from you all so we can ensure you guys continue to love playing the game.

So for our first question:

We would love to hear how you feel about the length of our levels! Are they too long, too short, just perfect?
    • How would you feel if levels were less than 20 moves?
    • How would you feel if levels were more than 40 moves?
    I really hope this is something that excites you all as much as it excites us! We can't wait to hear what you have to say, and for us to talk a lot more in the future.
    I like boards that have a lot of moves and levels, they're challenging. 
  • kiara_waelkiara_wael Posts: 9,651 Superstar
    Hi @chikenGoujohn

First of all, thank you for this opportunity. my last level is 2460 
    Every week we will find it always alternates between 20 levels and 40 levels. and in every 20 levels we will find 4 hard levels. and one super hard level at the end game. but sometimes we find at the classic level like super hard level =)

For me it doesn't matter 20 levels every week, this can be different from other games. but please don't give us a very high level of difficulty, because to find help booster takes time, and only get 1 booster every week.
    and I strongly agree if the level is less than 40 levels, for reasons the higher the level the game will be more difficult.

Final words of thanks once again. and i really Love Candy Friends Saga  <3 
  • samm_kmlsamm_kml Posts: 329 Level 4
    Meet half way,  20 is too little and 40 is lot . So 30 is the magic Number I think . 
  • MeliMalMeliMal Posts: 14 Level 2
    Hello @chikenGoujohn! I think no matter how much moves we have, if it is related to the difficulty. We have hard levels that needs a lot of moves and easy ones, that needs fewer moves. It is great when we have sometimes long levels and sometimes quick levels, and levels with one board and other with several boards.
  • dananelledananelle Posts: 145 Level 3
    20 is definitely way way too short and makes frustration levels very high. It seems as though regular level with 20 moves may as well be a super hard level. I get more stuck on regular levels and breeze through hard and super hard 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • SeraphicStarSeraphicStar Posts: 4,537 Superstar
    edited January 26
    Hi there @ChickenGoujohn it's very nice to meet one of the main people behind the enjoyable & exciting levels all of us CCFS players play & love :hurrah:

I'm currently on level 2156, and I could be at the end levels for mobile. However, I've realised it's best to have a "level cushion" of sorts for events that include star chasers in them. 🤔

I've also noticed at this point that I likely won't do well in most of these current levels without the use of the friendly timed boosters as it seems the move count doesn't necessarily reflect the actual moves required for level completion O.o

This might be due to me being in the 2000's though, so if that's the case then I suppose these levels are at the intended difficulty. 🤷‍♀️

With regards to longer multi-pane levels I'd have to say unless you are given a fair amount of moves (directly reflected by the number of panels if possible) some can be extremely difficult without timed boosters running & regular boosters used. :o

In addition, based on the size of each pane & how many objectives must be completed on them it could be like you are completing a level per pane with a fraction of the normally allotted move count. For this reason I generally dread these types of levels, but I think I'd enjoy them more if the above wasn't true. 🤔

I'm afraid though that I don't believe there is a "catch-all" magic number for the number of moves all of any types of levels should receive. This is because there is a fair deal of variation between one level to the next, so each levels move count must be considered independent of the rest. 🤔

Due to this I believe only you Level Designers have enough experience to determine what those numbers are, but I hope our insights assist you with how we view things on our end ;)

Looking forward to reading what my fellow CCFS players have to say on this topic as well! :chuffed:
  • FlanjeFlanje Posts: 773 Level 5
    Hi @ChickenGoujohn, I'm not qualified to comment on Friends Saga levels as I only play original Saga and Jelly but want you to know how much it is appreciated that you would reach out to the community in this way. Nice one!
  • THEEBIGD420THEEBIGD420 Posts: 27 Level 2
    edited January 27
  • cazza666cazza666 Posts: 9 Level 2
    I prefer a mix of level lengths but I really wish we had boosters we could select before starting a level like your other games.
    Also you really need to make the price of purchasing boosters/extra moves cheaper as I do buy occasionally in the other games but won’t in this one as it’s too expensive.
    Either way I love your games 😬😬😬
  • cazza666cazza666 Posts: 9 Level 2
    edited January 27
    Also in the below picture can you tell me are these “ All friends “ or are they “ All game playing friends “.
  • tbe38tbe38 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Gives rewards need more of those