πŸ† Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000

Other than English names!

Options
goking
goking Posts: 3 Newbie
edited October 2021 in Support

to the moderator named, @Lady_Sarina

you don’t get to accuse and assume people having an inappropriate user nameπŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

Have you even heard of names other than English names? Don't just assume! Ask next time!

Answers

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    Options

O.K. on what language is your user name?

• goking
    goking Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

why does it matter now? i have already been flagged by @Lady_Sarina

just direct me to change the user name as i can’t seem to change it

• Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi there,

As a volunteer, I am to flag names that come across as inappropriate and then a CM will approach the subject, not myself, especially on a weekend when there are no CM's in office.

Sometimes the House Rules get missed but it is recommended reading before posting, as inappropriate usernames and flagging are covered there.

I apologize sincerely for you feeling upset, I had thought, when seeing your HaHa reaction to the other post, you understood why I flagged it and closed it. I am sorry to've upset you in any way though.πŸ™Œ

With it being posted off topic, in a different area, being the Main Discussions page, we have younger members in Jelly. We are also family friendly Jellies and it was noticed by other members, including myself, as a swear word in a lot of countries. Which is why, reassurance was provided and the other thread closed..The House rules also cover swearing, or even substituting Symbols (@#$) for swearing also.

I would hope the parents of our younger ones, would be appreciative, that this Community, is socially responsible in providing an environment, that does cater to diversity but also has House Rules that are applied...Yes I can be tough like that, but generally it's pretty good here, as we all look out for one another. This Community Spirit is valued by us and so we even have a supported Community Discussion about this in our Round table and Community Jelly Knight's...You can certainly be humorous but without going over the line in the sand

Again I'm sorry for any hurt you feel and would encourage all members to read the House Rules, Community Guidelines and even the Community Spirit Reminder for clarifications on what some terms can mean. For easy and quick use, All Things Jelly have been placed in Quick Links, in the green box of Main Discussions.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    Options

I suppose a name changing could be a good idea! The whole story could finish here! πŸ˜‰

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,028 Community Manager
    Options

That's done now. 😊

Of course, we can change the name again if you don't like the one I've randomly chosen. It's true that some names can sound inappropriate in one language and be absolutely fine in another πŸ˜…

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?