⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

1180 help

Options

Answers

• Former_User
    Former_User Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

The All Help blog suggests going after the striped/striped first since these do less damage, then looking for a striped/color bomb where there are few of the striped color on the board. I think this is good advice. I passed this level by using a ton of boosters, mostly switch hands (I had over 100 from sugar drops and wheel), but before setting off striped/color bomb combos I used hammers to remove any of the striped color that could hit another color bomb. The level is quite buggy, so you do run the risk of using up boosters only to have it freeze on you near the end.

There's at least one video of passing it without boosters, so it can be done. I fought my way through levels like 410 and 425 without boosters when they were much harder to come by, but these days I lack the patience. 

(Would people please stop kvetching about King's alleged attempts to make money by making levels too hard? It's a for-profit company, in business to make money. How it chooses to try to do that is its business decision. I'd bet that it's not in King's best interest to make levels too hard, because for every player who buys moves or boosters there are three who get frustrated and quit entirely. I don't work there and know no one who does, but that's my guess.)

So when King finally mercs this version of the level and replaces it with something that does *NOT* require a ton of boosters to have a reasonable shot, you won't have any problem with that?B/c, if so, yikes. Think you need to have a bit more self-respect.
  • gtbbb
    gtbbb Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

so king can't even be bothered to fix the bugs(screen freeze) in this level because it's impossible to pass even if it worked properly. it's just a gate that can't be passed because they haven't made more episodes yet(no episodes to complete, no money for them) but after 1180 levels you'd think they would want to hold on to those customers. talk about shooting yourself in the foot! 

• Renz_LC
    Renz_LC Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

hey king! come on king! make levels that are manageable to pass. it's IMPOSSIBLE to make that amount of color bombs + striped and add the striped + striped. those combos take a lot of moves and with that board shape with conveyor it's so tough to make those orders. there's also the bombs that may explode if not defused in time. make modifications and NERF this level please! king for the sake of us players. make a TRUE level, not a ridiculously insane one!!! For the sake of the many CCS lovers make this level possible to accomplish, I plead for a fix on this level.

DO SOMETHING WITH THIS! This level is even WORSE than 677, 735, and 829. The bugs encountered add to the mess, act now PLEASE!!!!

• Brienne
    Brienne Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited September 2015
    Options

I just passed! Took lots of hammers and switches plus extra moves. Glad I stored up lots of sugar drop prizes and gold bars so it didn't cost me any real money. I went for the stripe-stripe combo first and tried to save color balls until the end. Be careful stripe-stripe combos don't hit anything that can cause more destruction.  I tried to line up the stripe-stripe blast along the walls of the square box in the center whenever possible.

Pick color-stripe combos that will minimize destruction to save other color bombs.

Good Luck. Took me 4 day but it is possible.  I finished rest of the games in the episode in one day.  This game is buggy and locks up sometimes.

• Cookie_Kirby
    Cookie_Kirby Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

The All Help blog suggests going after the striped/striped first since these do less damage, then looking for a striped/color bomb where there are few of the striped color on the board. I think this is good advice. I passed this level by using a ton of boosters, mostly switch hands (I had over 100 from sugar drops and wheel), but before setting off striped/color bomb combos I used hammers to remove any of the striped color that could hit another color bomb. The level is quite buggy, so you do run the risk of using up boosters only to have it freeze on you near the end.

There's at least one video of passing it without boosters, so it can be done. I fought my way through levels like 410 and 425 without boosters when they were much harder to come by, but these days I lack the patience. 

(Would people please stop kvetching about King's alleged attempts to make money by making levels too hard? It's a for-profit company, in business to make money. How it chooses to try to do that is its business decision. I'd bet that it's not in King's best interest to make levels too hard, because for every player who buys moves or boosters there are three who get frustrated and quit entirely. I don't work there and know no one who does, but that's my guess.)

To William Bibb... I make videos of the game and I can promise you they are not all perfect games. Every game I play is recorded, if I fail I delete and start again.. The videos only make it look easy because only a winning game is ever published to YT.. Not much point publishing losing games except to show a glitch etc.
  • Kevin_Jenkins
    Kevin_Jenkins Posts: 63 Level 2
    Options

This level is impossible to complete without using boosters, even then you would still require a lot of luck. Unless King do something they are going to lose a lot of good players.

Game starts with 40 moves but 12 moves are wasted making the required matches, this only leaves 28 moves to create and line up the required boosters IMPOSSIBLE without lots of luck.

What is needed is mystery candies to fall throughout the game.

• gtbbb
    gtbbb Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I think this is the level where I finally give up CC.  I've tried every which way possible and have spent at least £20 on boosters, extra moves, lives etc and still cannot get anywhere near. Also having the same problem with the game constantly glitching, unless this level is fixed and I can move on without spending more money then I wont be playing anymore :(  .

demand a refund! they take your money knowing that the level is full of bugs/glitches. That is fraud.
  • David_Lewis
    David_Lewis Posts: 130 Level 3
    Options

What a waste of my life this level is,bored senseless with it since last Thursday!!!!!! Bored,bored,bored!!!!

• Fabrice_Josso
    Fabrice_Josso Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

Same as all guys at this level, my best is 5 combos left....

• rmur23
    rmur23 Posts: 125 Level 2
    Options

I actually got it down to 2 combos (2 balls into the stripes), but that was virtually a miracle. Getting all of them is impossible without boosters. The strategy is definitely to do the stripes into stripes first, trying to dodge setting off the balls via using the licorice blockers. I still wont bother until they correct it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?