⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Issue with play screen - Windows 10

Options

Answers

• anon07
    anon07 Posts: 25 Level 2
    Options
    Thanks for trying.  I am fairly certain it is not an issue with my device as I have changed absolutely nothing on my device other than updating to the latest version of the game.  My partner is in IT as well and cannot find anything wrong with my device that would be causing this issue.  Maybe someday it will magically go back to normal, but I do know at least one other person is having this issue, so it's not just me.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options
    I am glad you're not alone. Who knows, maybe that issue will be fixed by the next Candy Crush Saga Update. 
  • Otiscat
    Otiscat Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I am having the exact same issue.  The issue is only with Candy Crush and problem coincided with last Candy Crush update.  I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing the app but nothing seems to resolve.  I am using a Surface Book and Windows 10 Enterprise.  

• mercerik
    Options
    Hi Otiscat!

I see that have a brand new tablet. I don't know if this will definitely help but it is worth a try. Do you still have the Manuals that came with your Tablet? If you do, look for the Technical Support (800) number for Microsoft.and call them and let their Support Person Remotely Access your Surface Tablet to check what went wrong. They can figure that out better than I can. This is my best advice to you.

Do you know that Microsoft has a Community like this except theirs is for people looking for Resolution to their Computer, Software,Tablet Issues like yours? I happen to be a member of that Community. Go to this website: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/
    When you go there, log-on with your Microsoft Account. Click on Surface under Category and post a question. You will receive an e-mail once a community member answers your question just like here. It is a nice community and people there are friendly. You might want to give that a try.
  • anon07
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hey, Otiscat!  Glad to know there are more people with this issue, and I am going to have to disagree with the previous poster.  I don't think it's an issue with your tablet, as others have the same problem, Candy Crush is the only thing affected and the issue coincides with the Candy Crush update.  
  • anon07
    Options
    @mercerik - You do realize that Otiscat did not say they have an issue with the tablet.  Their issue is the exact same as mine, and it is only with Candy Crush. Everything else functions normally.  I don't think Microsoft will be of any help here.  There are at least 3 of us with this problem, and it seems to be something that happened with the Candy Crush update.   
  • mercerik
    Options
    Hi anon07 and Otiscat!

anon07, I know that Otiscat doesn't have an issue with the tablet. Don't count MICROSOFT out, you'll NEVER KNOW until YOU TRY IT. Besides, it wouldn't cost you anything but your time.

If there are 3 of you having same exact issue, there must be more out there trying to find a solution. 

I only have 1 OPTION LEFT for both of you to try, if you'd like and that is SYSTEM RESTORE. You'll have to create a RESTORE POINT, the date and time when you didn't have an issue. Follow instructions and when done, UPDATE your TABLET. 

• anon07
    Options
    I did not mean to offend, but my partner is a certified Microsoft consultant with a great deal of knowledge, and he found nothing wrong with anything related to my software, hardware, etc.  That is why I don't know that calling on their tech support will yield much.  I was not at all trying to be antagonistic or hostile, but I have tried every option, and nothing has worked.  It is interesting to note that it's not all the graphics in the game that display weirdly.  For example, the play button screen is drastically reduced in size as are all the little words that pop up, but the you won screen that comes up after you finish a level displays properly.  It's such a weird thing, and I wouldn't necessarily have an issue with the size if it didn't also impact gameplay on some levels.  Having that top row mostly covered on any drop down level is a bit of an issue for me.
  • mercerik
    Options
    That is awfully frustrating and I wish you all the best!
  • anon07
    Options
    Thanks for trying to help.  It's appreciated.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?