⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Build a Bot keeps resetting

Answers

• mlae
    mlae Posts: 30 Level 2
    edited April 2019

This makes no sense. Like that I can play one-two days per week. And my buddy from dynamic duo is gonna be left all alone with the chellanges. This way studio is punishing the best players :/ @Elsa

• adylanfan
    adylanfan Posts: 30 Level 2

I have completed level 4580 and am awaiting the release of new levels coming soon. After continually passing levels up to 4580 without losing any lives all my boosters earned from the booster bot have just disappeared too.

• SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    I got the new style Built-a-Bot on 27 March. I built it to maximum capacity and passed 60 levels, each on the first try, without losing even one level. I am now at level 4580 (iPad) so there are no new levels available until Wednesday. Like so many others, I have just noticed that my Booster Bot has gone back to zero. Without me actually losing ANY levels.

Yes, I have been playing old levels because

- if I don't play old levels, I can't benefit from Space Race, Candy Pet, Candy Quests etc.
    - and more importantly, it is the only way I can complete the challenges with my Dynamic Duo partner.

However, I have been playing old levels pretty much every day since 27 March, so why has the Booster Bot only now been set back to zero?

I am beyond angry about this. It is disgusting and in fact completely dishonest. I have no problem admitting that I am a player who uses paid boosters. I see spending money on Candy Crush Saga just as spending money on other leisure activities I enjoy (cinema for example) so I don’t mind paying - provided that I am being treated fairly. I have used a large number of paid boosters over these 60 levels to guarantee that I pass on the first go, and that the Booster Bot stays at its maximum efficiency.

As the Bot has now been returned to zero due to no fault of my own, I have been wasting money for absolutely no reason. The fact is that King has blatantly stolen several dozen euros from me, by promising me one thing in exchange for my money, and then doing something completely different.

The suggestion that I should just stop playing old levels is ridiculous. Yes, that is the solution. Simply stop and leave my Dynamic Duo partner just hanging in the air after we have passed 110 challenges. Real nice, that.

• John_S_Martin
    John_S_Martin Posts: 9 Level 2
    I’m seeing the same reset, but for me it appears to happen on Monday.  Same behavior of resetting even when no lives were lost.  I have been able to play old levels during the week without losing bot, so that answer appears wrong.  I think @Cezdiamond is just guessing 
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    hello @John_S_Martin
    I tested the last two weeks. Two Sunday Build A boat was reset to zero. And it's equal to everyone. I think this is the new rule.
    We should wait until next Sunday. 
  • kvikstrom
    kvikstrom Posts: 1 Newbie
    @Cezdiamond I was playing my levels in order and not going back to old levels yesterday and my build a bot that I had almost to maximum capacity was reset back to zero when I opened the app later yesterday, so that theory doesn’t apply to my case. Can this be set back to where i was on the build a bot before I lost all my progress on it for no reason? 
  • billcheng
    billcheng Posts: 14 Level 2
    I think this is a bug in the software.  I am running on Android 9 on Google Pixel 2 and I have been experiencing the same thing in the past few months.  On my phone, one way to make this happen with high probability is to keep playing it until the Candy Crush Saga app crashes (it will always crash if I play long enough without restarting my Pixel 2).  When I restart the app after this type of crash, all Build-A-Bot boosters are gone.  This happens on any day!  (On my phone, sometimes when I close the app, I will also lose all my Build-A-Bot boosters when I restart.)

• billcheng
    Looks like you guys have fixed the crashing bug!  I haven't seen a crash on my Android 9 phone in like 3 days!  Thanks for getting the bug fixed!  Looks like you guys had to restore the previous behavior of Build-A-Bot.  May be it's related to the bug.  Anyway, I don't really care which way Build-A-Bot works.  It's your game and you can design it any way you want!  Crashing, however, was something that shouldn't happen!  Great job for getting it fixed!

• billcheng
    It's been over a month without seeing this bug (i.e., not a single crash with Candy Crash Saga app on my Android 9 phone for over a month), but it happened just now!  In the middle of a game, the app crashed.  At the beginning of the game, I have all 5 build-a-bot boosters.  After the crash, I restart the app and I have zero build-a-bot booster.
  • billcheng
    Just want to report that I haven't seen a crash on my Pixel 2 phone since 6/19/2019 (4 weeks ago)!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?