Eliminating Reset

Options

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,690 Sweet Legend
    Options
    BieneMaja said:
    No, that’s not what I mean, let me explain :)
    I start a game, do not like my board, so I close it and start it again. I do NOT lose a life in the process, however, I get the same board every time - i.e. the same colored candies are always in the same spot, the boosters are always in the exact same spot, etc. 
    So I cannot “reset“ the board any more :( 
    You are going to keep getting the same board until you play the level. 
  • MichelleSteil
    MichelleSteil Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I ABSOLUTELY AGREE.  LOSING THE ABILITY TO RESET THE BOARD TO ONE I WANT TO USE, ESP. WHEN USING MY EARNED BOOSTERS, IS A GIGANTIC LET DOWN & A BIG OLD RIP OFF.  FIRST OF ALL, THE UPPER LEVELS ARE REALLY HARD, ANYWAY. SECOND IF ALL, OFTEN TIMES THERE AREN'T EVEN CLOSE TO ENOUGH MOVES TO BE ABLE TO BEAT THE LEVELS, WITHOUT PURCHASING EXTRA MOVES,  (& THATTT IS AS ANNOYING AS HECK). I'M AT A POINT NOW THAT I'M JUST ABOUT DONE WITH YOUR GAME. YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE CUSTOMERS OVER SOME STUPID, GREEDY MOVE ON YOUR PART, CANDY CRUSH. THERE ARE THOUSANDS & THOUSANDS OF OTHER FUN GAMES ON LINE THAT PEOPLE CAN PLAY. WE DON'T HAVE TO PLAY THIS ONE. IF IT DOESN'T GET CHANGED BACK, I'M DONE. I KNOW... I'M JUST ONE PERSON, BUT I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THIS WAY. 
  • kashcandy
    kashcandy Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options
    I have played CC for years on my mobile device and find myself waiting for levels to be added each Wednesday. I noticed this morning that the ability to reset a board has been taken away. I have seen various changes and features taken away which I didn't like but If this specific issue is not fixed, I will finally move on from CC. The game use to be fun and enjoyable but I find myself becoming less interested as time passes with all of the different changes to the game.
  • xofxof
    xofxof Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options
    kashcandy said:
    I have played CC for years on my mobile device and find myself waiting for levels to be added each Wednesday. I noticed this morning that the ability to reset a board has been taken away. I have seen various changes and features taken away which I didn't like but If this specific issue is not fixed, I will finally move on from CC. The game use to be fun and enjoyable but I find myself becoming less interested as time passes with all of the different changes to the game.
    That’s it. I am out. 
  • linda_astari94
    linda_astari94 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Elsa said:
    Hi @BieneMaja, I'm not sure what you mean by reset so I'll write down what I think you mean but correct me if I'm wrong.  By reset, do you mean that you open the game, do not like the level and close it?  Then try to reopen it again but you have lost a life?  The studio changed that reset quite a while ago where you can no longer do this without losing a life.  Please let me know if this is what you meant.  If not, please give me more details.
    I am experiencing this now. I play this since 2012 and never had any issue of this. I am very dissapointed :(
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,690 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi guys, not sure if you saw this message posted by the community manager here.  Please feel free to express your thoughts there too.
  • LtheTerminator
    LtheTerminator Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I have been playing candy crush on and off since 2011. I have spent money multiple times in this game simply because I really enjoyed playing it. This year in 2019 alone I have completed over 1000 levels and made it to 2620. Well I am no longer interested in playing anymore since you have taken away to option to reset the board by simply exiting out of the level. Now I have to lose a life?? This is ridiculous, and I won’t be back until you fix it!! 
  • Decojen7
    Decojen7 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Kazza-3 said:
    Are they kidding? Is this another way they are trying to “improve” the game & “delight” it’s players?
    Please King stop messing with the game. It was working just fine. You’re doing nothing more than alienating your loyal players.

• Decojen7
    Decojen7 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this discussion forum but am a long time player. I'm not sure how to start a new reply but here goes. I've been reading several of the comments about the elimination of the reset feature. I also share the frustration and am considering leaving the game after so many years. I'm at level 3277 and I'm sad about it because I really did enjoy playing CCS! I asked my sister who is also a long time player if she was considering leaving too and she's thinking about it. I don't feel like a valued customer or that my loyalty matters. I refuse to be forced to pay more just to pass a level. Screw that! So until they revert this, I'm not playing. Candy Crush needs to step up and show us they truly value our loyalty. 
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,970 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @Decojen7 and welcome to our community.  I can certainly understand your frustration and definitely agree that eliminating the ability to reset is a step in the wrong direction.  There are several current threads out there (this is an older one where it wasn't a permanent change) that you may want to express your opinion and also vote on this issue:
    Discussions: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/271961/heads-up-game-issue-with-lives-is-going-to-be-fixed#latest
    Vote: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/272346/bring-back-the-ability-to-reset-the-board/p1?new=1

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?