Where did your nickname come from?

Options

Comments

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @gr33n3y3z I am so sorry about your mother. That's never easy to bear. Your father just loved her so much that he was shocked that he survived and she didn't. At least you have him now.

@JethrinaBodina Life throws everything at us and it's stressful! I really like your attitude as it's very important to stay positive and fill your heart with love in order to remain sane.

I want to say to both of you that I firmly believe that people who passed early are meant for a greater purpose. Ultimately, this life we are living in is just a moment. We are sent here to experience it and get the best of it. When I say the best, I don't think material or anything that can be seen. Remember a Little Prince quote: "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye".
  • the_revenger
    the_revenger Posts: 216 Level 3
    Options
    I am posting here because I am proud to have my nickname and it's got meaning that touches me on a daily basis, reminding me of a lifetime that has gone by.
    Have you heard of the Beverly Hillbillies? Yep, that's where the name comes from but this is why I have it.
    When I met the man I would marry we both worked for a military aircraft contractor. He was one of several guys named Dave, so they all had nicknames. My Dave got tagged with Jethro because his last name was Bodin. (say Bo-dEEN)  Jethro Bodin had a twin sister and her name was Jethrine, of course! My Dad tagged me with that name on my wedding day. (Thanks Dad)
    I use the nickname to keep Jethro in my world as my husband passed away almost 11 years ago, at the age of 50. After 25 years of marriage, I know that he's smiling and loves that I've chosen to keep Jethrine in some very important parts of my daily life.
    Now, if only I could get our son to carry on the tradition.... Nah. I got this!
    See y'all around the cement pond!
    ✌😎
    When I saw your name I wondered... I love the Beverly Hillbillies. I've only seen the first two seasons because that is all that's available on Amazon Prime. What is your favorite episode?
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,846 Level 5
    Options
    @JethrinaBodina @the_revenger you made me think back on the Beverly Hillibillies and a fond memory. My husband and I both were born and grew up in Orlando, Florida. When my husband was a little boy he attended the Ebsen School of Dance in Orlando. Buddy Ebsen played Jed Clampett. I, myself love all episodes except for the ones at the castle. There is also a Beverly Hillbillies 1993 American comedy film which is so funny!  Deidrich Bader plays Jethro Bodine/Jethrine Bondine and he is awesome in the roles.
  • Nck
    Nck Posts: 5,281 Level 4
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm nik trying too figure out how to win level 1724 12 moves to win been stuck you tube says it's easy but I don't wanna use anything that's not giving to me to beat it. Want to win fair!! Any suggestion would help TX's all have awesome day!!
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Options
    That's really cool! He is a funny guy. 
    How small is this world... I live in St Petersburg, FL with my Mom.
    It's ridiculous hot here this winter and I'm not happy about it, lol. It's been going from 80's to 50's for weeks and it's annoying. 
    I've lived lots of places both as a kid and as the wife of a military contractor. We followed the money for almost 20 years. My favorite place to live and the longest we ever lived in the same place was Shakopee, Minnesota. 
    I've been a Vikings fan since I was 12 and kismet put me with another Vikings fan, for life. We had so much fun when we lived there and got to be part of so many Viking seasons. The pic I'm gonna paste in was from the 1997 season when they were 17-0 all the way to the playoffs...losing to the Rams was such a bummer! I got to have it signed by Carl Eller, one of the Purple People Eaters. I have so many collectibles to give my son someday. 
    As a diehard fan I believe that "There's always NEXT season" is our motto, lol
    They play the 49ers today... Gotta get my Chris Carter jersey on! One of my son's bestest friends from way back is all grown up and is a member of the Vikings drum corps. So cool! My husband would go outside and blow a horn that sounded exactly like the one they blow in the stadium when they score. Our neighbors all relied on that horn to tell them how the game was going... I found that out when he was overseas one season and they all noticed and asked me if he was okay, why no horn blowing every Sunday.... It was really fun to tell him that. It's hard to blow that horn the right way and he was really good at it, lol

Sorry got carried away. I don't have friends IRL, to be honest. I have my Mom and my dawg and our cat. 

✌😎
    This is a plow mound in my front yard. I took the purple and yellow from my son's Xmas gift of snow paint to make it! That's him behind it, lol We had the biggest yard in the neighborhood and all of the kids played there. We loved that... Dave was really good with them and getting them to do stuff military-style, he'd have them line up, stand at attention to take their orders (clean up the toys in the yard) then they'd salute and stand at-ease for their popsicle rewards, lol. It was a really good place for our son. He made lifelong friends. 

• JethrinaBodina
    Options
    Nck said:
    Hi everyone I'm nik trying too figure out how to win level 1724 12 moves to win been stuck you tube says it's easy but I don't wanna use anything that's not giving to me to beat it. Want to win fair!! Any suggestion would help TX's all have awesome day!!
    Hi! There are better places to ask questions like this so they get answered faster. But I'll tell you what I think about that level.
    First, you do need boosters. If you have the ✔ check mark booster, use it. 
    You need to have a color bomb and striped-wrapped on the board whenyou begin, if you have them, as well.
    Hit the keys right away, they release striped candy you need.
    Focus only on the colors you need, if possible. 
    Whenever you have way specific colors to get and you have a ton of other ones on the board, use a bomb to get rid of those to make room for the ones you really need.
    Clear the board with color bomb combos if there are no really good possibilities for matches... It's worth the move to refresh the candy and hope for better.

It's a hard level for sure and you need to get lucky on top of using strategy. It'll happen. If you've gone through a bunch of lives, take a break and when you go back I bet you'll get it! 

The "hard" levels are often easier than the ones that aren't labeled at all. Nightmarishly Hard ones can be done with one life and "not-hard" ones take 25 lives and hours of frustration!

Good luck! You'll get it!
    ✌😎
  • JethrinaBodina
    Options
    Wow, that's a really good question. It's been so many years since I last watched it! I did like the ones with Jethro and Jethrine, but my favorites were all the ones with Ellie May and her animals. Granny was my favorite character, though, and I would have to go look up the episode that's right there in the back of my mind. She was cooking something very hillbilly, a love potion I think... Pretty much any episode that she starred in was hilarious, lol
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,846 Level 5
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @JethrinaBodina how ironic! Before retiring my husband and I ran our own mechanical contracting business. We did industrial and government projects (mostly for the military). I have always lived in Florida. I now live in New Smyrna Beach, FL. I did not move far from Orlando where I still have family living. 🙃
  • JethrinaBodina
    Options
    I've lived in Inverness, Panama City, Key West (where my son was born so he's an official Conch). Big Pine Key, and you aren't gonna believe this one... In 10th grade I lived with my Dad near Crystal River in a community named...wait for it.... Beverly Hills! No lie, I can't believe the parallels of life myself. 
    A MN Vikings fan-girl that lived in Beverly Hills meets and marries a MN-raised Vikings fan-boy. 
    How's that for irony? 
    ✌😎
  • Nck
    Nck Posts: 5,281 Level 4
    Options
    @JethrinaBodina thanks for ur help lol I not used to this site been trying to figure it out for months just love playing candy crush when bored. Hahaha u have a awesome day!! My Eagles are done good luck to ur Vikings 49ers are tough tho!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?