No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• Candy crush is a fun challenge for many... but certain levels are extremely hard. And without thousands of candy crush friends sending lives daily, gaining lives is very hard. Being stuck on a level for months is hard enough when we can keep re-entering the game to get a favorable board... if we can not do this, it will become very hard to get past those near impossible levels. Which would cause me to unfortunately find another puzzle game to support. 

Please reconsider your decision to take this feature away. Many love the game and we would like to keep playing for many years to come.
  • Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• PounaweaPounawea Posts: 3,728 Community Manager
    Good morning everyone,

I totally understand the frustration that this change has created, this community topic is the most commented topic of the year already and it's been 'only' on for some days. The way we are used to play Candy Crush Saga has changed, 1 of these mechanics that has been there for a long time (and hasn't been changed for different reasons) so being upset and furious is also totally understandable. Let's face it, this is a very unpopular decision. But as for every decision that is taken, it has its reasons and this is exactly what the Studio will be sharing with us today. 

As I've been telling you during these days, your feedback and sentiment has been forwarded to the Studio, but not only that, also your suggestions and ideas for improvements. I really appreciate everyone's efforts for keeping this discussion 'civilized', for remaining calm and cooperate with the community. As for the ideas we have received, from the Boosters to the at least 1 chance to reset the board per day, they have been all shared and the Studio are taken them into account. 

As you all know, I recently joined this community and I'm still getting to know things about the game and, most importantly, to understand you, our players, your different games experiences and your feelings when playing the game. This discussion is very difficult, there are a lot of emotions and tension involved, but I'd like to share a little bring side: as a Community Manager, this discussion is teaching me a lot about you and about the game and I have the feeling that will unite more the community and I'm happy about that. These learnings are already helping me to understand and represent your voice and sentiment better.

Once again, thank you for being here and for all your feedback. Stay tuned, I'll be posting the Official communication from the Studio soon. 
    👨‍👩‍👦‍👦   New to the Community? Sign up HERE in 2 seconds!

🏆 🥇  Win Gold Bars and exclusive Community badges HERE!  🥇🏆

Want to PLAY more?
    🍭  Play Candy Crush Saga  🥤Play Candy Crush Soda Saga   👭 Play Candy Crush Friends Saga

🥭Play  Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!   🍮 Play Candy Crush Jelly Saga   🍏Play Farm Heroes Saga 

• JepreyJeprey Posts: 2 Newbie

Just used 2 boosters there which were completely wasted.
    I had to wait until the keys were covered with chocolate with 4 moves left and trust luck and obviously I lost......again!
    That's over 100 lives gone and several boosters wasted,that's enough.
  • DonandDonand Posts: 3 Newbie
    You have now ripped me off of 8 gold bars! I had 38 now you are only offering 30 stating my piggy bank is full! Just not on!
  • Danilo666666Danilo666666 Posts: 5 Level 2
    so, how am I supposed to win this one? The yellow bomb that's necessary to win has been randomly replaced by a colorbomb! Before I could reset and try again, now I have to lose enough times to clear all my boosters. 
    If you make such an ill-informed change then make sure the levels are winnable! 
  • frebfreb Posts: 23 Level 2
    King is killing the golden goose.

Instead of celebrating level 6000, long time players are deleting the app and registering here to complain.

This thread has become a joke (wannabe moderators and "Superstars" fighting and CLOSING the thread when their panties get in a twist)

We're not interested in a compromise (e.g. 1 reset per day)

It must be painfully obvious that you SCREWED UP BIG TIME.

REVERSE THE CHANGE, NOW!!,

• ontgt55ontgt55 Posts: 8 Level 2
    As most that have commented, I also disagree with the recent change and would like the ability to back out of a level without losing a life and my boosters.  Since this is NOT the first time this has happened, I’d like to understand why the change occurred in the first place (something that has not been addressed yet). Since everyone plays with the same rules, there isn’t an unfair advantage for one player or another; rather, the advantage goes back to the developers (as if they need any more since they’re writing the code). 
     King already controls which boosters can be used on any given level, so why impact game lives as well?   
  • Fakhruddin-2Fakhruddin-2 Posts: 145 Level 3
    Today community manager Pounawea has written that studio is considering giving one reset per day to which I totally disagree it should be same as it was previously. Abolish FIX and timed boosters from all events 
  • PounaweaPounawea Posts: 3,728 Community Manager
    Hello @Fakhruddin-2 ,

What I wanted to say is that all the community ideas, suggestions and proposals for the game are important to me and they are going to be forwarded to the Studio. This way, they will be aware of the Community voice and sentiment and they can take your feedback into account. 

As commented earlier today, the Studio will be sharing with us soon an Official communication in which we will get to read and understand the reason behind the changes applied. 

Once again, thank you for being here and for all your feedback. Stay tuned.
    👨‍👩‍👦‍👦   New to the Community? Sign up HERE in 2 seconds!

🏆 🥇  Win Gold Bars and exclusive Community badges HERE!  🥇🏆

Want to PLAY more?
    🍭  Play Candy Crush Saga  🥤Play Candy Crush Soda Saga   👭 Play Candy Crush Friends Saga

🥭Play  Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!   🍮 Play Candy Crush Jelly Saga   🍏Play Farm Heroes Saga 

• windsongwindsong Posts: 1 Newbie
    Well, I am only on Level 3206 but since they took away the reset, I will not be buying any more boosters or “bargain” sets. I spent way too much time and money. Candy Crush was a nice distraction and mindless time suck for many years. But it may be time for me to go sugar-free! 

• xofxofxofxof Posts: 13 Level 2
    One reset per day or boosters to reset or preview - that’s all rubbish. 

No compromises here!
    We want it back as it has been. 

The only thing I would accept as a deal would be the possibility to locate the start boosters wherever I want. As this is very unlikely to come - just change it back. 

Interested to hear though what the Studio is going to communicate. 
  • LuckyMe1189LuckyMe1189 Posts: 43 Level 2
    @Pounawea - I do hope the studio will post its decision here on this thread. As with so many others, I registered just to voice my discontent, so I’m not familiar with the many threads. Thank you.
  • VoxVox Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hello Crush community!

I've registered here today to add my voice to those protesting the new "fix". Having been frustrated on the same level for several days now, I've decided to generously allow 3 days for King to un-fix this, during which time I will be relaxing with more player friendly games. If King persists in this insult to loyal players, I will delete my account on December 15. 

Thank you for your time.
  • 50f00tw0man50f00tw0man Posts: 6 Level 2
    I will use up my gold and boosters, remove game  and then restart from the beginning. Although not as challenging, it's enough to keep busy while waiting in line and I won't be wasting money! Great move Candy Crush👎👎👎

• SuzyFullerSuzyFuller Posts: 49 Level 2
    Uh...
    I will use up my gold and boosters, remove game  and then restart from the beginning. Although not as challenging, it's enough to keep busy while waiting in line and I won't be wasting money! Great move Candy Crush👎👎👎

You're likely to get even more upset if you start over. King reduced the number of moves on over 1000 levels back in 2018, some by 76%. So some levels you used to play that had 50 moves? They only have 12 now.

This discussion has been closed.