No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• nikosrnikosr Posts: 2 Newbie
    hi community 
    I am at level 5926, I have  spend time and money for this game 
    Piggy bank was 60 gold bars now is 30 but the price is the same 3.49€
    We can’t exit the board 
    we can’t use our boosters the way we want 
    we can’t win boosters playing “passing “ levels 

I think that king made big mistake with all this changes 
    I will wait for some days to see if king will listen the players 
    if they don’t I will delete it 

• Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• PounaweaPounawea Posts: 3,728 Community Manager
    Dear community,

I'd like to confirm that today we won't be publishing the official announcement. 

To answer @LuckyMe1189 comment, yes I will. 🙂   I'm trying to centralized all comments and feedback related to this topic here, so the official announcement will be published n this discussion thread, or at least I'll share with you a direct link to check the out.

Stay tuned. 
    👨‍👩‍👦‍👦   New to the Community? Sign up HERE in 2 seconds!

🏆 🥇  Win Gold Bars and exclusive Community badges HERE!  🥇🏆

Want to PLAY more?
    🍭  Play Candy Crush Saga  🥤Play Candy Crush Soda Saga   👭 Play Candy Crush Friends Saga

🥭Play  Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!   🍮 Play Candy Crush Jelly Saga   🍏Play Farm Heroes Saga 

• Florin4523Florin4523 Posts: 11 Level 2
    Hello community of Candy Crush Saga.My name is Bodea Florin and I'm from Romania.I play this game for a while.I played before too but now for about a year  I play daily.I always watch Mrs Suzy Fuller videos on youtube.Thanks to her I learned a lot of this game.I m level 2296 now thanks to her.Please give back the right to go back and change the board if we don t like it.People are complaining a lot about this feature on Facebook groups too.Please change again because you will have looses.Hope all will be fine.Greetings from Romania.
  • cathsocalcathsocal Posts: 3 Newbie
    Dear community,

I'd like to confirm that today we won't be publishing the official announcement. 

This is really becoming ridiculous!!!  Hey there King and all your little minions, we all know that you made this decision simply for money.  Just own up to your decision and let us players make the decisions for ourselves.  Today is the first day that I didn't sign on simply to get to spin the wheel???  King is keeping us swaying in the wind by having "pounawea throw us a hint or two every day or so.  They could have changed this a minute after they took it away and they're choosing not to.  We have to accept their decision.  To be honest...it's rather nice NOT to see any money come out of my checking account.  Time to spend money on Xmas presents for the people in our lives that we love...NOT some game that triggers our endorphins and makes us feel good for a couple of minutes.  
  • dannyfofannydannyfofanny Posts: 4 Newbie
    Yup I’m over it!  It’s no longer enjoyable to me. I feel like I’m being nickel and dimed. Especially when you do spend money (not to mention I already feel stupid when I do). Now if I choose to buy boosters and you take away the option of screening the board. Just seems greedy to me. The game can already feel defeating already. Good luck!

ps my mom plays on her Samsung and she still gets to watch a video for boosters !!!  What’s up with the that. I’m an apple and I never got this option. And now I can’t even look at a board before i choose t to play??? Bad move period. 

• CPTBUCCPTBUC Posts: 8 Newbie
    edited December 2019
    @cathsocal, @Pounawea, we don't have to accept the change. The players built King and now King is screwing the players. So it's time to screw them back.
  • dkcdkc Posts: 6 Newbie

The whole point of this is that the reset (it seems) is almost exclusively used by those who have achieved very high levels.  It's a part of the game that allows us to preserve our boosters.  Sometimes these boosters have been purchased and sometimes they've been won.  Seeings how timed boosters have been part of the game that makes real boosters more important.  Also I've noticed that winning gold is very rare now.   The bottom line is that the ONLY reason to remove this is to FORCE us to BUY more from King.  That's fine.  I get it.  But don't blow smoke up our asses and tell us that it's something else.  This move makes me want to NEVER buy any boosters or gold.  Never.  What''s the use?  It has no payback if we're going to lose them on a board where we have zero control of placement.  
  • Jenn_EdwardJenn_Edward Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited December 2019
    A game that helped with my anxiety shouldn't be giving me anxiety!

There was no need to remove the feature to allow us to exit if we didn't make a move yet. It not like you're losing money by keeping that feature. 

I like brain teaser games like most of in this thread. It's sad that you are willing to lose players because of this change you name that no one asked for...  
  • imagwaiimagwai Posts: 32 Level 2
    Pounawea said:
    Good morning everyone,

I totally understand the frustration that this change has created, this community topic is the most commented topic of the year already and it's been 'only' on for some days. The way we are used to play Candy Crush Saga has changed, 1 of these mechanics that has been there for a long time (and hasn't been changed for different reasons) so being upset and furious is also totally understandable. Let's face it, this is a very unpopular decision. But as for every decision that is taken, it has its reasons and this is exactly what the Studio will be sharing with us today. 

As I've been telling you during these days, your feedback and sentiment has been forwarded to the Studio, but not only that, also your suggestions and ideas for improvements. I really appreciate everyone's efforts for keeping this discussion 'civilized', for remaining calm and cooperate with the community. As for the ideas we have received, from the Boosters to the at least 1 chance to reset the board per day, they have been all shared and the Studio are taken them into account. 

As you all know, I recently joined this community and I'm still getting to know things about the game and, most importantly, to understand you, our players, your different games experiences and your feelings when playing the game. This discussion is very difficult, there are a lot of emotions and tension involved, but I'd like to share a little bring side: as a Community Manager, this discussion is teaching me a lot about you and about the game and I have the feeling that will unite more the community and I'm happy about that. These learnings are already helping me to understand and represent your voice and sentiment better.

Once again, thank you for being here and for all your feedback. Stay tuned, I'll be posting the Official communication from the Studio soon. 
    Please tell "the Studio" that it's too late. I've stopped playing and won't be coming back now, regardless of what they do. They should have engaged us before making the changes, not afterwards when they realized they'd made a mistake. It's not the first time it's happened either.
  • Arez1693Arez1693 Posts: 5 Level 2

Pounawea said:

I would also like to confirm that, for now, there are no plans to undo this change in the game. 

Attention players: This is ALL you need to know. I won't EVER give another dime of my money to this company. 

*Edit: sharing a personal opinion

• Irene_FowlerIrene_Fowler Posts: 2 Newbie
    Can you please bring back the ability to enter and exit the game ,please I love the game as it was .
  • JethrinaBodinaJethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    edited December 2019
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

I'd like to confirm that today we won't be publishing the official announcement. 

To answer @LuckyMe1189 comment, yes I will. 🙂   I'm trying to centralized all comments and feedback related to this topic here, so the official announcement will be published n this discussion thread, or at least I'll share with you a direct link to check the out.

Stay tuned. 

Compromise? Nah. 

Ransom demands? Yes. ;o]

It's evident by the stand that the majority of players are taking that compromise at this stage in the game will not be accepted with any less than having their demands met, and with good reason.

As the levels are passed they become increasingly difficult with new and more intrusive obstacles, not to mention the developers going back to them to lower the # of moves allowed and adding more of the following...

From bombs to conveyer belts, chocolate to multi-layered chocolate, special colored candies that need direct hits, spawners that shoot jelly and chocolate to eat everything before the candy is even done falling, and licorice that whiffs out candy that tries to go through it. These are on levels under 2500, so I can imagine what fresh hell awaits in levels even higher. It is expected to be challenging because at those levels you are assumed to be playing at near-expert level. While that may be true, removing the board reset as well as the ad videos (which no one seems to be able to address) effectively prohibits the players from succeeding, to keep passing levels at all. It's a senseless change and there really is no justifying it or throwing a bone at it.

Aren't the boosters THERE to assist the player? King has actually said that hoarding them doesn't do you any good and to use them to make the game "more enjoyable". It's hard to use them when they aren't available to use, for NO good reason, because every level can use some fish, coconut wheels, and check-mark candies.

1) Replace the board reset. There is no real compromise to that. A preview may give you a view of the board, but without seeing where the actual boosters will end up it's pointless. If you CAN see where the boosters will land, you are likely to still be stuck with an unplayable set of boosters that will be lost to the unreachable regions of that board.

2) Give players some control over the boosters they EARN and/or PAY for. That may be the only compromise players are willing to accept. Allow placement of them at the beginning of the level, before the first move is made. 

3) Let players start the timers on boosters, within a timeframe that'll expire and only a certain amount of time can be saved up, like 90 minutes. Timed boosters are not really a reward if they can't be used on every level. Ten to 45 minutes with a coconut wheel that can't be chosen as a booster for multiple levels in succession, much less the Hard one that you've been stuck on for days, the one that is just ASKING for a coconut wheel or some fish; THAT is enough make every player think "Thanks for nothing, so glad I worked so hard to grab those sugar drops (or whatever)". 
    Two candy hammers, a rarely seen UFO, hand switches would be more welcome than timers that run out in ten minutes.

4) Every player should have the SAME GAME with the SAME ADVANTAGES, especially if they're on the same game platform ie; Android, iOS, PC, etc. We should ALL have sugar drops, Booster Bot, Music boxes, Tiffi's holiday hats, stockings, doors, etc. My Mom has never laid eyes on the Bot or Tiffi and she's been playing for years while I've had them all along. We've updated, un- and reinstalled to see if it would help, NOPE. 

5) Make sure we ALL have the choice to watch AD VIDEOS if we want to waste time we'll never get back watching the same video over and over for days on end, to be able to get lives and boosters.  It's not FREE, it's being paid for by the sponsors and the players that visit those sponsor's websites, for which each click rewards King whether or not a purchase is made. It's REWARD to the player is INCENTIVE to keep playing. For the players that also pay to play, if they spin that wheel after spending gold bars, King is literally double-dipping profits.
    The "extra moves" wheel is a crap shoot with no guarantee of getting that one or two moves you need to beat the level. That's the one time I've been frustrated enough to throw gold at the wheel to spin again, at least if I don't get the moves I'll get a booster.
    Now, I don't even have THAT option. I am granted ONE spin per day and I don't see it again until the NEXT day. Yet another way that King has chosen to LOSE MONEY. Not to mention the fact that those videos cut into the precious ten minutes given with that timed booster you finally got to use. 

So that's my interpretation of the multitude of players, let's say DESIRES instead of DEMANDS. We all know what the inference is and that this discussion only represents those that have taken the time to use their voices. There are COUNTLESS others, across numerous social media platforms, that are not part of this particular thread. Don't think they aren't paying attention to it as well as taking action with repercussions dealt directly to King's (and their sponsors) bottom line. Seems that's what it's all about at the end of the day. 

Patience is a virtue. Peace is a journey. ✌😎🦎

• mercerikmercerik Posts: 3,602 Level 5
    edited December 2019
    To King Games & The Team

Please for the love of God, Restore the Free Board Reset!

Please Be A Hero for the Revenue That used to be Zero!
    I might put a Copyright on this Hero/Revenue Quote
    to get a royalty. Just kidding!

What are you waiting for, Christmas?
    Oh yes, Christmas is just around the corner!
    Please make it haste so we can go back to our normal lives!
    Please don't wait till this Thread reach 100 Comments.
    It is already making me drowsy swiping down just
    to read the comments! 

Please have love, compassion and charity!
    Sometimes wealth should be shared
    especially when you have accumulated way too
    many from people who've supported you.
    It is time to give back to the Community.
    The best place to do it is with
    your own Community,
    the King Community.
    Don't you agree?

A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever
    - John Keats

Welcome To My Backyard!

Quote:
    Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times and good times. 
    If you are going through hard times, have faith that good times are on the way. 
  • AzMazAzMaz Posts: 7 Level 2
    My Sad & Crushing Story

I had an hour of time this morning and fancied playing candy for a while with my coffee. 

Without the reset, I rapidly lost my lives as there was absolutely no chance - at all - of winning the levels without boosters. I was playing the waiting game. Waiting until King decided to give me a board where my skill of the game decided if I would win (or not), instead of the blatant futileness of the candies offered on the board at the start of each game.  

So I decided to buy 50 gold bars and an hour of boosters so that I could continue to play for the hour, because hey, I felt like relaxing and playing candy!

Unfortunately the boosters were placed in useless or inaccessible locations on the board for the majority of the games. Without the ability to reset the board (to have even a slight chance of playing more than a few moves), I used up the 50 gold bars I had just purchased, purchasing more lives. All in all, it took only a little over 30 minutes to spend my booty.  

Devastatingly, this meant I couldn’t keep playing for the hour AND I lost the remaining half an hour of boosters I had just purchased. Well, that is unless I purchased more, to allow me to play for the hour I HAD ALREADY PURCHASED!!! 

Hmmmm. I don't think I'll being making that mistake again. 

So sad to have lost my crush, my candy love. 
    I'll miss you. 
    :-(  
This discussion has been closed.