Upcoming changes in Candy Crush Saga: Sugar Track, Build-a-bot, and more

Options

Comments

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 216 Level 3
    Options

@Steve-18 I get your point but that doesn’t apply to everyone.

I’m in the 5400s so I’m not one who waits for the new levels so I can breeze through them in a couple of days. With my limited playing time I’m happy to pass 1 or 2 a day. And I don’t mind multiple attempts to pass them.

Yes the game is free to download but once you get to the higher levels they are not all passable without boosters, despite what King says.

Great, we can win a few boosters every day from the Treat Calendar & daily spin but they are usually gone in a couple of minutes when we get stuck.

As for the other ways to win boosters - my Fantastic Five is useless because for 2 weeks I’ve been the only one contributing & have failed twice to even win the lollipop. And the daily win sticker is taking me 2+ weeks to collect 6 because I am stuck for days on one level.

I’m on a budget & not in a position to have extra $$ to spend on the game. I have purchased small things in the past but not anymore. King has done nothing but take in the past few months to force us to spend. They have promised us new features so I will wait & see what they offer.

• Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Options

I just stopped in to say a quick something. I’ve been watching this thread, and I’ve noticed some of you accusing King of removing these features to make quarantined players spend money during the Covid-19 pandemic. Do you really think King is that cold-hearted? I really don’t think they saw a massive virus outbreak that has killed thousands of people and only thought about making money. Yes, they are a business. Their goal is to make money, but they are human beings that care for other humans just like you and I. So, please don’t make accusations like this. We want to keep a positive attitude here in the community!😀

• Bumper2019
    Bumper2019 Posts: 3,271 Level 5
    Options

@Steve-18 what you fail to realise is that the rest of us are not mensa inducted strategic wizards.

As I pointed out HERE the levels have got increasingly more difficult through the years and are not possible for us of lower intelligence than yourself, without either: The boosters we could previously earn; Masses of free time; Months of frustration; or purchasing boosters, moves and lives.

I remember playing Spider Solitaire back in the days of Windows95. It was free and challenging and rewarding. What is now happening in CCS is akin to microsoft deciding to remove the queen of spades and demanding payment.

Is it any wonder that people don't want to play any more?

• Steve-18
    Steve-18 Posts: 276 Level 3
    Options

Bumper2019, don't belittle yourself like that. Just keep stretching that grey matter and before you know it you'll be passing levels and forget you ever needed all those free boosters.

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options

I also just stopped in to say a quick something. It would be just as ez for King to return these features as it was for them to take them away but they haven’t. That should tell you everything you need to know about their level of care for their players.

• sarahellenk
    sarahellenk Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve played for years too and am nearly at level 5000. Now no collecting bonuses on build a bot from previous levels. The ability to collect sugar drops has also gone. I have already spent money BUT NO MORE. I had to retire suddenly and candy crush has become an enjoyable distraction. But it’s all about the money and I can’t afford it. So I’m done. Bye bye candy crush. You’ve broken me. Doesn’t loyalty count for anything any more?

• grr
    grr Posts: 100 Level 3
    Options

@Steve-18 I don't have my tablet handy but I am in the 4700's. Many of the levels have 5 colors, some have 6 and some have 4. I don't really keep track of how many levels a week I progress - maybe 30 or 40. I definitely have been slowing down since the reset was taken away - some levels are next to impossible without a CB + CB so now you just play until you get that lucky board. And now that I am just about out of any boosters, and the levels keep getting harder, there is less enjoyment in the game. I have always tried to be strategic in my use of boosters, I am not one to hammer my way out. But now I am stuck a lot more on the difficult levels. I like a challenge but now it seems like more of a money-grab when you cannot win without boosters unless you want to play so many times you just lose interest.

• Bumper2019
    Bumper2019 Posts: 3,271 Level 5
    Options

I agree with you @Crimson_Dawn It is an unfair accusation. Anyone can see by looking at the 1st page of this thread that the announcement was made back in February28. - way before anyone could have foreseen the effect this virus was going to have on so many players (ignore the first 2 replies from January I don't know how they got there). The lives given to people in the worst affected countries ensure they can keep playing even if they don't advance through the levels and it is a kind gesture. Also I'm informed that these changes are datarised and decided way in advance, but it does rather beg the question why no replacement was ready by the time of the announcement.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?