BRING BACK THE FUN = PLEASE

HelenMac
HelenMac Posts: 10 Level 2

Dear King, I'm sure you are aware of the pandemic sweeping across the world. This means that many of us are home all day and able to play our beloved Candy Crush. However, what it does not mean is that we are a captive audience for you to cash in on. At a time when more and more people are wanting to (and needing to) play, you have taken away our ability to build a bot, you've taken away sugar drops and therefore our ability to win boosters in order to progress through the game. I have played this game since I joined facebook. I am currently waiting for new levels to come out so you can tell that I am a committed and regular player. I have no boosters - not one. I have no gold. I can't progress without a bot of some sort or some boosters. Fortunately I have a chocolate box which gives me a daily prize but that is it. I am in a Fantastic Five team where the four other players don't even sign in for 25 points a day let alone add to the total by actually playing. My point is this - you are stripping us of the fun that the old game used to give us. Don't get me wrong - I don't want easy levels all the time - I quite like a difficult level that requires thought and skill. What I don't like is you making the game a) impossible to progress without buying boosters or gold so we can buy extra moves. I don't like the fact that you appear to be driven by greed at a time when the entire world is being thoughtful and putting others first.so granted for now you have your captive audience - make hay while the sun shines and all that, but once this pandemic is over and people have less time on their hands, I think you'll find that a lot of us vote with our feet and move away from Candy Crush. With the extra time we have available to us now, many of us are discovering other FUN games to play and if I were King I would be trying to capitalise on that, on not just keeping the dedicated players who have been with you for so long, but to attracting new players and making them welcome with the occasional booster or gift. Otherwise I feel you will see a worrying trend of players leaving this game. We play for fun, please try and remember that. Sincerely, Helen

Best Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Answer ✓

massive advertising spree makes you wonder why. One of the most downloaded games of all time and massive advertising. Why ? because hoards of players leaving as game just not fun anymore. The life has been sucked out of it. Played from day one and even im struggling with these changes. King has to have a serious look at this and find that happy medium or think they gonna have to throw at awful lot of money at in advertising. As all i can see at the moment is more and more uninstalls of the game

• tininha1975
    tininha1975 Posts: 1,576 Level 4
    Answer ✓

there is no point in having unlimited lives if we don't have reinforcements

Answers

• stan1981
    stan1981 Posts: 3,418 Legend

R u on phone? Do u have the unlimited life ? Currently they r revamping the new features of the game ... do give them some time tough ... while u enjoy the unlimited life at the moment first ...

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5

Hello there, Helen.

There's already a bit of a discussion about this topic right here, & you can vote here & here (if you wish); maybe make a difference.

Will it actually make a difference?

Probably not.

But many others have voted, so WTH?

• HelenMac

Stan, I don't have unlimited lives. What I got this morning was a video telling me exactly how many people play how many games across the world and how we are all 'appreciated'. Sadly that appreciation is empty handed.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Answer ✓

massive advertising spree makes you wonder why. One of the most downloaded games of all time and massive advertising. Why ? because hoards of players leaving as game just not fun anymore. The life has been sucked out of it. Played from day one and even im struggling with these changes. King has to have a serious look at this and find that happy medium or think they gonna have to throw at awful lot of money at in advertising. As all i can see at the moment is more and more uninstalls of the game

• HelenMac

I totally agree. And it's such a shame. Like you I have been playing for a long time but I have always got the impression that they just don't listen. I can see them with a finger in each ear going 'Blah blah blah' until we stop whinging. But the point is I have never whinged, have always just got on with it, even the day I won the jackpot and didn't get anything (Grrr) I just accepted it, but this, what's happening now is driving people away. Committed players like you and me Stay safe mate x

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Hi @HelenMac !

The Sugar Track and changes to the Build-a-Bot were planned long way before this situation started worldwide and they started to get phased out already in February. You can read more about this here. Don't miss my comment with further explanation here.

Because of the situation in the world we do give Unlimited Lives this whole week. You can find more about this campaign here.

• HelenMac

No unlimited lives here. But what's the point - I have no levels to use my lives on.

• Eileen306
    Eileen306 Posts: 2 Newbie

The fun is gone, advertising has increased, and less ways to win. Nothing liking sticking it to us along with being shut in with the Pandemic.

Most of us click on the advertisements, I know that awards you money. Please loosen the game up a little. I amagine new players get fed up easy.

• KingSlayer23
    KingSlayer23 Posts: 88 Level 3

Unlimited Lives are a pointless feature when the Build-A-Bot starts back at ZERO rather than dropping just one spot with a level loss.... advanced players can't afford to lose a single life/level so they'll use boosters to keep the Bot at max

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?