🖥️ Official Announcement regarding Candy Crush Saga moving from King.com

Options
124»

Comments

• lelensp
    lelensp Posts: 52,666 Level 5
    Options

Have not receive notification from CCS yet. The truth if not for the King Community I have quit the game already now thats its no longer fun having so hard levels.

Because of the games and challenges the King Company provided it made me keep crushing.

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 694 Level 4
    edited January 2022
    Options

So many questions, but I play on several devices through my King and Facebook account. If King is no longer going to be part of Candy Crush it will be interesting to see who we contact when we have problems with our game. I am also assuming that King Royalty will also disappear.

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 694 Level 4
    Options

I too payed for the yearly membership with Pogo and it was great until they started removing the games that I played regularly. Have not played Pogo for several years now 😊

• KingSlayer23
    KingSlayer23 Posts: 88 Level 3
    Options

I will probably have to say goodbye to King on 04/01/22.... I've only ever played the 2 games I've enjoyed, Papa Pear and Candy Crush Saga... I first started playing Candy Crush via the app years ago, and after twice losing my hard earned 'weapons' when I had to switch devices, I began only playing on the website as their servers kept track of my stockpile of goodies regardless of the device I used... if King can hire some programmers that know how to save our goodies in addition to level and gold on their app... then I foresee no problems and I'd remain... but, alas, King prefers we lose all our goodies and have to start from scratch, hopefully buying them to get back to where we were. no thanks!

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

@Deryck You mentioned HERE that you play via the Windows app. You can continue the game there if you don't have Facebook or any smartphone or tablet. Since you managed to play the Candy Royale there as well somehow, I'm sure the game will work fine.

@Tzvi_Marcu Nothing will happen with either the Community or the Royalty website. There are no games available to play on these sites today, so the game moving only to mobile devices, Facebook and Windows app won't affect these websites. Only the King.com site.

@Colleen12 You can still continue playing on Facebook, via the Windows app and on all mobile devices with both your Facebook and King account. The King accounts will still work as usual on mobile devices and the Windows app even though the game no longer is available on the King.com website.

Nothing will happen with either the Community or the Royalty website. There are no games available to play on these sites today, so the game moving only to mobile devices, Facebook and Windows app won't affect these websites.

• treehouseX
    treehouseX Posts: 31 Level 2
    edited January 2022
    Options

Since MICROSOFT bought Candy Crush last week, you'll see the game parts slowly break down over the coming time. This is one of the steps. I can already see changes in the app too. We're doomed.

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/361202/microsoft-buys-candy-crush-saga-owner-activision-blizzard

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,846 Level 5
    Options

Really now guys from everything that we have been told and from what we read it looks like this change will not really effect playing our game. We just cannot play the online game at King.com.

• SativaGummi
    SativaGummi Posts: 62 Level 2
    edited February 2022
    Options

Yes, it seems that this is not an altogether bad development. I'm quite happy playing both the CCS and CCSS apps from the Microsoft Store on my laptop. They are very pleasing, visually, and playing both means that you almost never run out of "lives." I would only hope that the rest of the King catalog gets released in this manner.

I might even dare hope that Microsoft's deep pockets may enable it to resurrect the Royal Games site, so we can get back to playing for money. I don't know if Microsoft would have any interest in operating such a site or consider it profitable enough to bother, but the major problem at Royal Games was that the skeleton crew, there, was having great difficulty converting the old, Flash games to HTML. They were successful in SOME of the games, so it's clearly possible, and that happens to be something Microsoft would be exceptionally good at. Otherwise, the architecture of the site is already there, just waiting for someone with the wherewithal, expertise, and manpower to breathe some life back into it.

I'm a recent refugee from Royal Games, and only started playing King's version of the game about three weeks ago. I've been having such a good time, I've won five straight, episode races! I guess, you could say I'm addicted . . . like everyone else.

• José_Savelkoul
    José_Savelkoul Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options

I can't help but wonder if this is the reason why I'm seeing several posts from members in the CCSAH-group about not being able to make purchases...

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

Seeing this late as my notifications are mostly disabled.

My issue is that although I play via the Windows app when on my home computer, I'm unable to access Microsoft apps on my work computers (apps are blocked), meaning I'll be in Candy Crush withdrawal for a good chunk of the day (more like week since it's not like I can play that much when I get home from work at night anyway).

Maybe it's for the best. I've gotten way too readdicted to the game now that all these new active friends are in it. 😳

Plus I've got a ton of TV series to catch up on. 😬

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?