84% of players needed A boost on this level....

2»

Answers

• Nak3D
    Nak3D Posts: 23 Level 2

Hello, the owls back :P Just reached a "nightmare level" and sure enough, when I failed to complete it, up came the pop-up. Right between the offer and the price it says "85% of players needed a boost on this level"....so anyone would think that it was the offer shown that they needed to buy to win the level.

And I've still not heard from any moderators if the X% does indeed refer to the that particular offer or not ???

• Tess92
    Tess92 Posts: 3,715 Level 5

Hi @Nak3D and welcome back!

As already suggested above, I would need a screenshot to give you a more detailed answer (I post the link above on how to take a screenshot), in any case, I think that pop-up refers to the percentage of players who have used boosters for that certain level and not to the offer.

• Nak3D

Also as already mentioned above, I don't get on with screenshots :P

But this is not some kind of bug or anomaly in the game, it's part of your game design and I would of hoped you could at least find about it rather than relying on my hopeless, technophobic skills :)

Cheersnak

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,136 Legend
    edited May 2022

@Nak3D Right between the offer and the price it says "85% of players needed a boost on this level"....so anyone would think that it was the offer shown that they needed to buy to win the level.

Hi Nak you are right the wording of the offer is misleading, and it would be better if the wording made it clear that buying the offered booster package wasn't a guarantee of completing the level.

The message simply means that 85% of players needed to use boosters to complete the level. It is a shame that the information isn't more precise and also inform us as to how many times the level had to be played.

As for whether or not King know if boosters are used on a level they do as you can read about in the thread linked below.

• Nak3D

Hello again Alienscar :)

I thought we were kind of guessing before and was hoping for a definitive answer from a King representative but yes, the latest post you have directed me to seems to only further back up the theory......

It's not an accident or careless design, it's of course deliberately worded that way, as is the design of the pop-up. Which now bugs me before the level now, as well as afterwards !!

And you cannot hit the back button to close it, like you can with most other pop-ups in CCS - it's like they are saying you must follow this notice !!

I'm tempted to take this further and prove that it's not sloppy design but deliberately made that way to cheat people out of their money. It's so condescending and just really annoys me that they think we are that stupid.

Cheersnak

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,136 Legend

As I am sure you know @Nak3D the only King representatives in this forum are @Crazy Cat Lad, @Pounawea, @LindQ but getting an official answer from any of them is extremely rare.

I think it very much depends on how you look at the game as a whole as to how much you think Odus is trying to 'cheat' you.

I personally have never seen the offer as a guaranteed way of completing a level, I have always understood it to mean that you are more likely to complete the level quickly if you use boosters rather than a guaranteed shortcut to complete the level.

The reason I think like this is because I have played enough levels with boosters to realise that boosters don't always help.

Good luck to you, but I think you will struggle to take this issue further as Player Support doesn't seem to offer any real help and you can't contact King directly.

• Nak3D

I'm afraid you are right - what's the point. I guess my only protest will be uninstalling King products from my phone/tablets. (Something I found very easy to do with CC Soda - that frickin Bat they've recently added - the most annoying thing ever :)

I'm pretty sure any King representative on here suffers from plausible deniability anyway - I guess it helps to moan to someone though :)

Cheersnak

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?