Please do check out this post

Options
José_Savelkoul
José_Savelkoul Posts: 555 Level 4
edited June 2022 in Discussions

For some reason, my post won't get bumped up at the feed anymore after leaving a comment. Why? I still do have questions that haven't been answered. Please do check it out, and take it seriously. Thanks:

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/363533/why-this-awful-flashing-whats-the-use

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,720 Legend
    Options

@José_Savelkoul If your post doesn't rise to the top of a board after you post in it then this means that your post has been sunk.

Personally I think that if this is the case then our moderators should be ashamed of themselves. To sink a post that is about how a game change affects peoples health speaks volumes about King's attitude to their customers, and our moderators attitude towards community concerns.

Here is an explanation of thread sinking from @FluffyDinosaur

• José_Savelkoul
    Options

Thanks for explaining things to me @Alienscar. I guess they've really misunderstood my post, I'm disappointed more and more in this Community. The lightning/flashing that my post was about, it hasn't ended, it's just still ongoing. My post was important to all players, don't you agree @FluffyDinosaur??? Please don't ignore this.

Thank you.

• José_Savelkoul
    Options

With being disappointed more and more in this Community I actually meant in the King Community-"staff". And maybe my post wasn't that important to all players, but it should have been important to the developers. It sure shouldn't be ignored. I've tagged @Crazy Cat Lad a couple of times at that post who's always asking for feedback. May we also give good advice maybe? I'm still serious about this. The lightning/flashing-effects aren't just giving people a headache, those effects very well can cause seizures. Please get rid of these effects in the game. Aren't you worried at all???

• Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend
    Options

Yes, I find these frustrating too! However, the nature of the game is very fast-paced and explosive, so maybe this is not the game for you. So sorry for this :(

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

@José_Savelkoul I answered your thread already in February HERE.

• Alienscar
    edited June 2022
    Options

People suffering from light sensitivity, or having fits triggered by flashing lights is a real issue Lindark, so maybe offering support isn't suited to you. So sorry for this 😥

• José_Savelkoul
    Options

I know you did @Crazy Cat Lad, but I've asked a couple of more questions at that post. I'm just a humble Dutch lady (plus one of the Admins of the Candy Crush Saga All Help-group) who's worried about other peoples health. To me it's pretty clear that this extreme flashing/lightning is being caused by the special shaped candies. And it's frustrating me that special shaped ones still are being used in the game from time to time. When this really can be dangerous for lots of people. The game just doesn't need special shaped candies. Everyone would be happy if those weren't used anymore. Have you ever heard of SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy)? This happens, not that often thankfully, but it happens. I'm just concerned about lots of peoples health. In case you don't believe me, please do get in touch with a neurologist and show him/her the screenshots that I posted at my initial thread about this. This really can cause seizures and really shouldn't be ignored. And to just "sink/freeze" my initial post about this? When it's still on-going? Besides offering help at the Candy Crush Saga All Help-group, I've also offered help here at the Community from time to time. And now I'm being treated like this? Where's the respect?

Thank you.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    edited June 2022
    Options

@José_Savelkoul

I understand your concerns. Here's some advice if the game effects make you feel uncomfortable or if you're worried over your health:

-Do not play when you feel tired, nauseous of have a headache

-Have the lights on in the room when playing

-Take the brightness down on your screen

If you still feel that your health is in risk, then please take a break or stop playing. You will need to put your health in the first place.

I hope this helps!

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,845 Level 5
    edited June 2022
    Options

Well it seems lately that everything gets sunk except for endless counting...

┬┴┤´❛ᴥ❛`ʔ├┬┴┬

p.s. There is still a real troll problem... Howz aboutz some troll control???

• Alienscar
    Options

@Crazy Cat Lad I could be wrong, but at face value your posts seems to imply that King aren't bothered by how certain game effects can affect people with debilitating illnesses.

There is absolutely no reason for the introduction of the recent changes to the game effects like the shaking board and flashing lightning, so to tell everyone that can be made seriously ill to "don't play if you don't like it" makes very little sense to me.

This being the case why don't they at least put a warning in the information that is provided in an app store.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?