⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why this awful flashing??? What's the use?

Options

Answers

• José_Savelkoul
    José_Savelkoul Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options

I believe you still are a level-designer @LindQ, aren't you? Please pay attention to this post, to this problem. It really is a huge problem, for loads of people. Please get rid of those nasty explosions (flashing/lightning) as shown in my screenshot. I didn't even activate a striped or wrapped when I took the screenhot, I only made a simple move. You don't think this is insane? Please read my post, the comments at this post, and please do something about it asap. Hope you'll take this as seriously as I do. Please show us all that you care. Thanks in advance.

Have a nice evening.

• José_Savelkoul
    Options

And I'm sorry that I've tagged a few of you (people of this community), but this post just needs attention. This is a real big problem. Hope you understand. Thank you.

• sgoff61
    sgoff61 Posts: 27 Level 2
    Options

I totally agree. I used to play almost constantly. If I ran out of lives, I would switch to something else just long enough for one or two to build up and then I would switch back and use them. But since this started, I usually only open the game once a day. Just using up those 5 lives gives me a terrible headache, and I decided today that I would check here and, if I didn't find a solution, I would delete the game. I'll give it another week before I actually delete it, but I'm not even going to try to play anymore like this. I'm not epileptic but I have had seizures and I'm not about to risk having to be hospitalized during a pandemic just for a game. It is totally unnecessary and absolutely ridiculous to endanger even one person's health, let alone thousands of people.

• Pann1970
    Pann1970 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Agree with all of the above comments. The flashing is beyond excessive. It's distracting at best, detrimental often times more than not. I have to look away when it happens, and it is sometimes difficult to get back into the right mind set to play after being flashed repeatedly. Very bad design decision by developers that needs to be rectified asap, unless they want to lose more players.

• José_Savelkoul
    Options

Come on King, show us that you care please. This is serious. Why is this so hard for you to understand???

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Options

Sorry, I can't reply to you for being absent but I will be able to give you the latest information tomorrow.

Thank you.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for the feedback on this.

There are no changes or updates planned for the game effects at this moment, but I have passed on your feedback to the Game Team.

Thanks for flagging this to us!

• deecassidy23
    deecassidy23 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I agree that this flashing is terrible. It's distracting and is beginning to put me off playing. I have tried turning down the brightness but it hasn't helped.

• José_Savelkoul
    Options

Did you know you're losing players because of this??? You're playing with peoples health here. Please take this serious. Show us you care. Thanks in advance.

Have a nice evening.

• mrspanda
    mrspanda Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I've just joined here so I can add my voice to the complaints about the flashing candies. They are hurting my eyes and I agree that they could be dangerous for people with some medical conditions.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?