⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Can somebody help me please?

Options
HaMa
HaMa Posts: 76 Level 2

These are the issues I recently am experiencing with CC Saga:

1.) No connection to the Store. There is a message telling me the I have to connect --- but I AM already connected otherwise I could not play the game, no?

2) Friends list is gone. It was hard enough to build up a new friends list after this game switched to Windows ... and now, they are all gone? I don't see them or their progress in the game ... meaning: when I finish a level the winners list mostly is NOT shown, sometimes it shows just one other name along with mine.

3.) No longer receiving ANY lives from friends - even though I am asking for them. No reaction any more. WHY?

PLEASE HELP OR EXPLAIN TO ME HOW I CAN PUT MYSELF INTO CONTACT WITH THE MICROSOFT SERVICE.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,206 Legend
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Your gold bars are safe @HaMa as they are saved on King's servers and not your laptop

When you delete your app you only delete its data from your device and not King's servers.

If anything does go wrong though the fact that you bought some of them means King will replace them if you contact them.

PS: logging in with email is the right thing to do as it retrieves your game progress from King's servers.

Answers

• me6412
    me6412 Posts: 9,512 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Let me tag you one of our Game Moderators who can assist you with your issues in your game....@bearwithme or @Sukanta_Biswas either one of these players can help you out but please be patient as they are assisting others members in the Community and will be with you soon....

As I hope this helps you out my Community friend indeed 😉😎💯

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,013 Candy Moderator
    Options

Thanks for the tag @me6412 😊

Hi @HaMa ! I am sorry you are having this problem. Actually you can play Candy Crush off line but you cannot access the store if you are playing offline or send/receive lives from friends etc.

So it appears the game does not think you are connected to the internet.

The easiest thing to do is clear your cache and turn your device off for a few minutes. Then turn it back on and open the game and hopefully you will be all set and can access the store etc.

You might want to also check your router/internet connection.

If you still have an issue and you know you have a good string internet/WiFi signal, it could be a temporary issue connecting to the game servers. In this case you should try playing the game later and see if you can connect.

Please let us know if you still have problems.

😊

• HaMa
    Options

Thank you @bearwithme. Actually, I play the game on my laptop, and my internet connection goes through the "Mobile Hotspot" of my cell phone. This is the way I've been playing for the last 3 years - the connection is always stable with only very few exceptions.

Only over the past few weeks there have been some issues, the most important of which I have listed above. Mostly, these issues disappeared after some days. But not now! And depending on what I am trying to do (e.g. asking friends for lives), I get the message: "It's not your fault, it's a problem on OUR side."

So, I'm afraid emptying my cache could not help - and what is even worse: I would lose many dozens of automatic logins to websites, and I am not sure that I could restore them all.

Therefore I would like to be put into contact with the technical guys from Microsoft - there's the scource of "evil" ... because before, when the game was played from the King portal, no such sh*t happened in the 10 years I've been playing this game.

• HaMa
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello @bearwithme - This afternoon I wrote you an extensive answer to your suggestions, and of course also thanked you for your attention.

Now, like 8-10 hours later I am coming back here to see if you had already read my answer and any suggestions .... BUT to my great disappointment I had to see that my answer to you is completely GONE! It's late in the night now, and I'm tired, so I will write my answer to you tomorrow.

PS: I had tried to edit a lil mistake out of my answer and somehow that didn't work out ... and it looked as if I had to start over again. But as I clicked on "cancel" my original answer re-appeared, so I thought everything is fine now. Obviously I was wrong.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,013 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hi @HaMa - I’m not sure what happened. I saw you had responded but when I clicked on it to see, it came back with nothing was there.

I’m glad to see this last response. Have a good night. 😴

😊🐨💕

• HaMa
    Options

@bearwithme Good (late) morning. My answer yesterday was roughly something like:

1) I AM basically constantly connected using my phone as a moblie hotspot, and this is a very stable connection, with really rare exceptions.

2) I've been surfing this way for the last 3 years, and the candy game(s) never had any problem to recognize it.

3) Therefore I'm afraid that it would be of no use at all if I emptied my cache ... this would automatically throw out of ALL the other websites (shops, forums, what have you) where I am constantly logged in. Some of them I might not even remember which mail addy or pw I used, so unsure if I could restore them all.

4) Sometimes (I think that is when I want to ask friends for lives) I get a message along these lines: "Sorry, it's not you, but us who have a problem. Please try later". -- Therefore I thought it might be the most goal oriented approach if I could chat with one of the Microsoft technicians?

PS: In all the years I've been playing, I never experienced SUCH bad problems with the game. As long as it still belonged to KING! In the few months of 2022 alone (after the switch to MS/Windows) the problems have been numerous and really spoil the joy of playing. Probably MS will just use it as a precious cash cow. :(

• Alienscar
    edited September 2022
    Options

1.) No connection to the Store. There is a message telling me the I have to connect --- but I AM already connected otherwise I could not play the game, no?

Hello @HaMa the message you receive saying you can't connect to the App Store is a long-standing issue for which I am not sure there is a fix. The problem has supposed to have been fixed but based on the number of complaints it obviously hasn't been.

You can read about the issue in the discussion linked below.

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/281860/wheel-and-extra-moves-stuck-on-loading-connecting/p1

2) Friends list is gone. It was hard enough to build up a new friends list after this game switched to Windows ... and now, they are all gone? I don't see them or their progress in the game ... meaning: when I finish a level the winners list mostly is NOT shown, sometimes it shows just one other name along with mine.

The Friends list that appears at the bottom of level was removed by King a few weeks ago and then reinstated. If you are still having issues with your friends list please make sure your app is up to date.

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/379078/what-happened-to-my-friends-in-the-scoring-list-fixed/p1

3.) No longer receiving ANY lives from friends - even though I am asking for them. No reaction any more. WHY?

Not receiving lives from your friends is probably caused by the recent changes to our Inboxes. If you have more lives available to use than you are allowed to store, then you will no longer receive any new lives until the number of lives you have available reduces to less than the number you are allowed to store.

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/376482/lives-inbox-how-does-it-work-new-update/p1

after the switch to MS/Windows

Please note that Microsoft have not yet bought Activision. The deal will probably not be completed (if at all) until next year.

• HaMa
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello @Alienscar Thank you for your extensive answers and the related links.

But ONE point I have to answer right away, which is what you said about me not receiving any lives any longer. The fact of the matter is, I have only the actual 5 lives which are given when I start a game. I never had any more than the "allowed" 20 in store, and if so, I used them ALL up in one game (that could then be a very long game, lasting an hour or two). So every time I start a game, I start out with 5 fresh lives, and that's it. And I don't have ANY chance to ask for lives .... or better: to receive any lives from friends in case my request reaches them. This really annoys me!

About the Windows/MS Deal I just had the impression that it's been done because since this past spring, I have to log into my MS account (wasn't even aware that I had one) when buying items like gold bars etc. THEY are collecting the money now ... But anyway, this is not my problem with all the King games I play (3 candy games), my real problem is that ever since we were forced to move our accounts over from the King portal to MS/Windows, the quality of the games has steadily DECREASED while the number of ISSUES has steadily INCREASED.

Issues hardly get fixed any more, and IF they do, they are fixing them half-heartedly. (In this respect, I have reference to a huge bug in CC-Soda. There, they fixed it right up to the point where the game was playable again ... but most of the features have not been fixed / have not come back.)

It really is a pity how the fun we once had seems to be spoiled systematically. (End of rant, and sorry, but that had to be said at last.)

To you personally, and also to @bearwithme I want to say thank you for caring and trying to help.☺️

• Alienscar
    Options

I have only the actual 5 lives which are given when I start a game. I never had any more than the "allowed" 20 in store,

Hello again @HaMa not receiving lives from your friends is an issue that other people have complained about as well. There is a couple of things that can be causing this.

If you have a storage limit of 200 then this means that you can only receive 20 lives a day in total. Once you have received your 20 lives then you will not receive any more. If you receive 20 and then use those 20 you will never build up a store of lives. It is one of the changes that has drawn a lot of complaints. Why have a storage limit when the daily receipt and use limits effectively means you can never use all of your stored lives or collect enough to have a store.

If this isn't what is happening to you then another reason that you aren't receiving lives is that your 'friends' have stopped sending them. In reaction to not receiving lives when asked for a lot of people have stopped sending lives when requested.

To see if this is what is happening to you the best thing to do is add new friends to your lists.

About the Windows/MS Deal I just had the impression that it's been done because since this past spring

Definitely not the case and here in the UK the deal is being investigated by the Competition and Markets Authority as they think if this deal goes ahead, it could give Microsoft an unfair advantage in the gaming industry.

I have to log into my MS account (wasn't even aware that I had one) when buying items like gold bars etc. THEY are collecting the money now

You are probably just logging into your Microsoft Store. So yes, Microsoft takes the money in this case just as Google or Apple takes the money dependant on which App Store you are using.

But anyway, this is not my problem with all the King games I play (3 candy games), my real problem is that ever since we were forced to move our accounts over from the King portal to MS/Windows, the quality of the games has steadily DECREASED while the number of ISSUES has steadily INCREASED.

Playing through the Windows 10 app, or Facebook, or the Android app is definitely the cause of a lot of complaints.

Issues hardly get fixed any more, and IF they do, they are fixing them half-heartedly. 

I totally agree with you HaMa, the recent fiasco with levels 1476 and 2531 that had blank lines that prevented ingredients from falling and King's lacklustre response is worrying. The lack of response to adverts that still crash the game after claiming they had fixed that issue, and the 'can't contact app store' issue which they also claimed to have fixed but haven't all points to a company that either don't care or have lost the necessary skill base.

• HaMa
    Options

Hi again @Alienscar and thank you for your extensive answer.

You wrote: >>If this isn't what is happening to you then another reason that you aren't receiving lives is that your 'friends' have stopped sending them. In reaction to not receiving lives when asked for a lot of people have stopped sending lives when requested.<<

I just played down my 5 lives and realized the following:

1. I can SEE my friends again in the sidebar of the level I am playing. (That's definitely an improvement.)
    2. At the end of the 5 lives I was optimistic that I might be able to ask them for lives now. Well: ASK I can ... but SENDING the requests WON'T work. Trying to send my request results in the message: "It's not your fault, it's ours. Please try again shortly." (Hello??? I've had this issue for the better part of this month, and I tried over + over again, but to no avail.)

I am sure that my friends WOULD send me lives if they only were able to receive my requests. Just as I send lives to them upon their requests. -- BOTH ways DON'T WORK. The moment when I could not send my requests, is the same moment when I stopped receiving lives. And believe me, though my friends list is not extremely long, it was(is) quite active in sending and asking for lives, both ways. Yes right, some have just stopped sending lives, but the others continued --- until this feature stopped to function at all. (Or perhaps they ran into the same kind of problems which I've been experiencing for most of September.)

PS: Would it be of any use if I posted the problem with the faulty app store connection into the thread which you quoted yesterday? I didn't read all the pages, but the last post said, that this thread is old and the problem has been dealt with since. Obviously that is not the case.

PS.2) I tried to find out how/where I could get an update for the game -- remember I am not playing from my phone ... I put in quite a big chunk of time but without success. --- Do YOU know how + where I can find an update? Maybe that would solve my problems?

Thanks for your patience with me.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?