๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐Ÿฌ Hot & Sweet right now in Candy Crush Saga!
๏ปฟโš ๏ธ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
๐Ÿ“ฉ Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Can somebody help me please?

Options

Answers

• HaMa
    HaMa Posts: 76 Level 2
    Options

What about 48 gold bars? I have them in store, as I obviously cannot use them (no connection to the store issue). I mean these are things I paid *real money* for, and I would not just lose them and do nothing about it?

Boosters etc. can be gained again during the course of the game IF it then functions properly. I will have to think about this whole sh*t.

Thanks anyway for your patience and your extensive efforts to help. ๐Ÿ˜˜

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,038 Legend
    edited October 2022 Answer โœ“
    Options

Your gold bars are safe @HaMa as they are saved on King's servers and not your laptop

When you delete your app you only delete its data from your device and not King's servers.

If anything does go wrong though the fact that you bought some of them means King will replace them if you contact them.

PS: logging in with email is the right thing to do as it retrieves your game progress from King's servers.

• HaMa
    Options

@Alienscar - I decided that before I "reset" my app I will try out if uninstalling and installing again would help.

By uninstalling: Do I also lose all my progress?

• Alienscar
    edited October 2022
    Options

Removing/installing your app @HaMa, is definitely the better option.

As long as you know your login details you will not lose your progress.

Once you have downloaded and reinstalled the app you just sign in as you would normally using the 'Already have a King account?' option.

Just to be clear I am talking about a King account login and not a Facebook login.

• HaMa
    Options

Thank you, and yes, I am also talking about a King account b/c I gave up playing the game on FB years ago when there were too many issues for my taste.

Good, then I will try uninstalling.

• Alienscar
    Options

I hope it all works out for you @HaMa but the 'no connection' issue is notoriously difficult to solve

• HaMa
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hello @Alienscar - thank you for your patience with me.

Just wanted to let you know how the stuff developed over the past 2 days. As a "trial baloon" I uninstalled my Soda game (which had the same issue as this one, but I had played about 1000 levels less, so the loss would not be as big as here).

So okay, I uninstalled the Soda game and tried to install it again. And finally I found out the reason why:

My MS Store didn't work at all. When I clicked on it in the Start menu ... virtually NOTHING happened at all!

So I did the procedure with App + Features and found a Repair button, which I clicked. To no avail! Then I clicked it again ... and again, no consequences. Then I uninstalled the MS Store .... and could not re-install it again. I read zillions of pages which explained a way to go about it ... but at some point nothing worked. So I contacted a friend who works in the field and the first thing he tried to do is to create a reset point so we could reset the computer to an earlier date. The computer worked and worked and worked.... after 6 hours I just stopped it (which was a thing in itself, because as soon as I switched it on again, it would stubbornly continue) well after the 6 hours it "returned to work", so-to-speak. But still I wasn't able to get the WinStore app back on my PC ... moreover: the pc had ignored my de-install order - just that did neither bring the Store back nor would it let me download the Store app. That's the point in time, when I contacted my friend who would help me by remote control. It took him at least an hour or more to get the Store back onto the computer.

And now, the Store really worked! I was able to download the Soda game, to log in and to play it. If any, I had only lost a few levels, that is tolerable.

Okay, so I proceeded with uninstalling the next game (this one here CCS) ... and download it again, but lamentably, it will not react to anything I try to click. So there is either another glitch in it, or I might have to wait a bit longer. But I am still happy about the success with Soda Saga.

Just wanted to let you know that all your help was completely right, we just didn't tackle the source of the problem, which definietely is the MS Store. I dearly hope that one day soon, I will be able to also get the CCSaga up and running again!

๐Ÿ˜

PS: So far, no success in starting this game correctly. I get to the screen where I put in my mail addy + pw ... but that's it. The game will not react after this ... I keep trying though.

• HaMa
    Options

@Alienscar

Successssssss --- The game is up and running again! ๐Ÿ’ช

Now to the third Candy game: CCJellySaga.... I am optimistic... ๐Ÿ˜

• Alienscar
    Options

Wow, I am so pleased @HaMa that you have finally got your game working.

Funnily enough I was going to suggest clearing the cache of the Windows Store next, but resetting the Store clears the app data so you would have needed your password. This is why I was reluctant to suggest it.

Under normal circumstances you cannot delete the Windows Store app

• HaMa
    Options

I had the same impression, because the Icon for the Store remained stubbornly in the program list (clicking Start). But clicking on this Store icon, nothing was there! This is why I called my friend in Germany to come + help me via remote control. (I am currently in Spain for the winter, so nobody here or near....)

What I wanted to suggest for your helpline here is, to ask ppl to *first* make sure that the MS Store is alive and working. Because with this thing "sick" or even gone, nothing will work any more. During my excursions through the web in search for a remedy for the MS Store I came by lots and lots of complaints about how this App is pure crap.... So that was not very encouraging, not? ๐Ÿ˜

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?