๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐Ÿฌ Hot & Sweet right now in Candy Crush Saga!

Poll - Seeing other players on your game board

Options

Comments

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,567 Level 5
    Options
    Neutral! I don't mind it. I'm just here to play the game and don't pay much attention to other players on the map

Voted

• gamepower
    gamepower Posts: 761 Level 4
    Options
    Love it! I enjoy the sense of community and friendly competition

I voted โœ”๏ธ

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,370 Level 5
    Options
    Dislike it! I find it distracting and would prefer a more focused gameplay experience without the presence of other players on my map

I am surprised by the number of players who seem to like this, but of course majority rules and I'll be happy to go with it if enough players love it.

This poll is quite an eye opener and I think I am starting to understand why so many players enjoy this game. It shows that King's strategy works for many players. A mere "sense" of competition is enough! The random players without banners function like those in the episode race or Candy Royale to give players the "feel" of competing against others. Candy Crush is one big illusion, like a magic show. But people like magic shows! Some of us like them as we enjoy trying to (often in vain) figure out how it's done, some just love to be watch, be entertained and amazed. It's all perfectly fine as long as people know that what they pay for isn't real.

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,904 Level 5
    Options
    Dislike it! I find it distracting and would prefer a more focused gameplay experience without the presence of other players on my map

I'm with you on that one Christine. My main gripe with it is that they can use data and time for this but not for what players have been asking for, for years. Long before the new Saga map a scroll down feature was constantly being asked for, and with this new map it is needed even more. Not sure what the big problem is that it can't just be done.

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

I'm with you and Christine on this one, Carol. They seem to spend time on what's unnecessary and not on what players really need and have been asking for.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,564 Level 5
    Options
    Neutral! I don't mind it. I'm just here to play the game and don't pay much attention to other players on the map

I voted neutral, but I like it the way it was in the beginning, to see only my friends!

Of course, this was easier when King games were into the fb platform and everybody was connected with fb.

I don't know if it works this way now...

• CandyBravo
    CandyBravo Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options
    Love it! I enjoy the sense of community and friendly competition

I think its great. It would be fun if you could add those random people as friends so you can share lives and stuff. @QueenB

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,370 Level 5
    Options

Surely the problem (for King, that is) with a scrolling device is that it would make it too easy for players like ourselves to scroll back to our favourite levels to collect candies for collection events. I am sure King hate the fact that so many players do this because the idea of the game is to play new levels.

Also, and I hope sincerely that I am wrong about this, it would help us help other players who post here about levels. I still do scroll back regardless, to try out old levels to see if I can give some useful advice for players stuck in the game, using my now defunct game at level 15,000. To assess a level I may repeatedly play it without boosters and fail, of course, running out of lives. Every time I am out of lives the game throws me back to level 15,000 so I have to scroll back again! I hope this is not deliberate, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be. The game sends players to this community for help, but I'm getting doubtful if King really want us to help them.

• teeweiping
    teeweiping Posts: 7,280 Level 5
    Options

Voted.

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

They've done it in other games and there aren't even as many.levels in those games, so it's not as if it's something new to King

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?