๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐Ÿฌ Hot & Sweet right now in Candy Crush Saga!

โญ Candy Crush All Stars returns ๐Ÿช…

Options

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,199 Level 5
    edited March 5
    Options

Thanks @QueenB !!! Reading the just published Terms and Conditions I see King have given the rounds leading to the final a much more appropriate name this year. Let's hope King will be able to spot and eliminate cheaters early enough in the Tournament this year, so that they don't drive scores up unneccessarily. Good luck to all the fair players out there!

• christinewupp
    edited March 5
    Options

Yes, that's tough on you that you can't participate @DBrain . It's also a shame for the players here from Singapore @MonicaYellow and @lelensp. I know that all of you are great at leaderboard events. I won't make it myself either, actually, because the final knockout stages are during days when I have a special holiday booked. It might be a blessing though: The chances are it would have been a lot of pointless crushing. Because let's face it: No matter how good we are at Candy Crush, amongst the millions there are many better than us still. The players making it to the final will absolutely have to crush through the entire 24 hours of each final stage. With a cash prize like this, it will be far too competitive for any of us normal people, even if King manage to eliminate the hackers and cheaters this time.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,206 Legend
    edited March 5
    Options

Hi @christinewupp no I don't think that line is new, but I think this line is new.

4.6.8. Taking any action or engaging with the Tournament in a manner that would be reasonably considered against the spirit of fair play.

I think this line has been added and depending on your point of view I think it is aimed at the Party Booster approach to playing the tournament.

I also think this line is new

5.4.ย Participants:ย You acknowledge that Participants in the game may: (i) be at varying skill levels, including advanced and beginner players; (ii) have different features, in-game items, and/or game modes available depending on progression in CCS; (iii) choose to play offline and submit their scores at different times during each Stage. You also acknowledge that the Tournament is open to all eligible players and the number of Participants advancing to various stages throughout the Tournament will vary and may exceed the number of players in your Tournament Leaderboard. Participants will not know the total number of players in the Tournament during Stages 1 โ€“ 6.

I am surprised by this change and the changes to the naming of the rounds that you have highlighted as these changes directly acknowledge that the Class Action started last year had a point. The Class Action mentioned 'Super Users', playing offline, and complained about the misleading use of the term semi-final.

• christinewupp
    Options

Yes, you are right. And I note that the waiver of any class action lawsuit for US citizens is about a mile long.

• Alienscar
    Options

The waiver hasn't changed @christinewupp but they didn't include it in last years All Stars T&Cs. The waiver has always been part of the game's T&Cs that everyone has already agreed if they are playing Candy Crush. Again I can't help thinking that copying part of the existing T&Cs over to the Tournament T&Cs is a direct result of the Class Action.

• lelensp
    lelensp Posts: 52,683 Level 5
    Options
    Not my cup of tea, but good luck everyone! - All Stars might not be your jam, but maybe you have some good vibes or tips to pass on to fellow players?

@christinewupp

Tournaments are not available to our places here in Asia due to time zone difference.

Plus i wont dare to join as it would be stressful and time consuming for us who are still working. That would mean no sleep or short sleep maybe, working and playing. I do that before when good boosters are at stake but not anymore. I am now 64 years old who needs more sleep and less stress. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,867 Level 5
    Options
    Not my cup of tea, but good luck everyone! - All Stars might not be your jam, but maybe you have some good vibes or tips to pass on to fellow players?

Greetings @lelensp my feelings exactly. No stress, no drama! Oh Yeah! No All Stars for me. I can participate by watching.

@lelensp I had no idea that we are in the same age group, I thought that you are much younger than me. There are lots of ways to enjoy CCS!

Good Luck to all who participate! เธ…ีžโ€ข๏ปŒโ€ขีžเธ…

• ponce123
    ponce123 Posts: 85 Level 2
    Options
    What's new this year? - Are you intrigued by the updates and the fresh twists? Speculate on what's coming or share what would make this year's All Stars perfect for you

I have already read some of the terms and conditions and according to what they are going to monitor, they should immediately eliminate these cheating characters

• ponce123
    ponce123 Posts: 85 Level 2
    Options
    What's new this year? - Are you intrigued by the updates and the fresh twists? Speculate on what's coming or share what would make this year's All Stars perfect for you

By the way, it still doesn't say anything about the live final where it will be. where do you think it could be? back in London?

• Alienscar
    Options

No one here can give you specific information about the Tournament @ponce123 as we are all just players of the game like you.

Here is a screenshot of information from the Hub that is all the information anyone has.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?