Blackout Glitch happening on Candy Crush

Options
2»

Comments

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 34,093 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hi Peter @Peter_Tornaros🙋‍♀️

I am not sure about the first screen, but this one⬇️ is one of the famous glitches of Facebook!! Usually, changing browser works in this case.

If all the browsers are giving you same "sad face" icon, and none of the troubleshooting steps worked, I would suggest you to report to Facebook as well as King Player Support team.

If you are playing only the Browser version, please use this link to contact King Player Support Team --> https://soporto.king.com/contact

• PummyRaj
    Options

Hi @Pyrolight🙋‍♀️

By any chance, did you see a (single lined) tiny pop-up note in the bottom left corner of your device? Do you think your comment went into "Approval" or did it just disappear?

these tend to be much slower as in a cron job once every x hours or days.

May be the word I have bolded is triggering Community system's Filter?? Only Community Managers would see what has alerted their system!

Usually, the comments that are sent to "approval" will appear within 24 hours! Since the CMs won't be here tomorrow, your comment(s) might appear on Monday!

• PummyRaj
    Options
  • Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 883 Level 3
    Options

Hi @Pyrolight🙋‍♀️

By any chance, did you see a (single lined) tiny pop-up note in the bottom left corner of your device? Do you think your comment went into "Approval" or did it just disappear?

Sometimes I do see it, sometimes it likely pops up but I miss it. It is really odd sometimes I can post something then on edit, a simple typo fix, it completely vanishes. It can be very strange.

Thanks for the info.

• PummyRaj
    edited March 24
    Options

If your comment(s) disappeared after you have edited them, it is a glitch that some players are experiencing! Christine has had it too!

The CMs are aware about it too! Let me ask tomorrow👍️

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,880 Level 5
    Options

Hey there @Pyrolight! I have had my fair share of posts being put into the will post after "Approval" deal. Sometimes I thought mine might happen because I used to edit them quite a bit. Anyway, I wanted to chat with you and there never seems to be the right place.

I found your comments on, perhaps what happened with the glitch, interesting, although I do not maybe understand? I have had no formal training, totally self-taught. I have just been fancinated by glitches and workarounds since the early 1990's when I got my 1st computer, a Packard Bell 486 running Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. I did take typing class in Jr. High School and learned to touch type on a manual typewriter, they blanked out the keys and we praticed typing to the "Chicken Reel". It was awful!

What kind of computer knowledge/experience do you have? I used my 1st computer to help run the Mechanical Contracting company that my husband and I owned.

and:

@Alienscar howdy! Now you, my friend, have perplexed my little bear mind for quite some time. Besides the cool name, you are so very knowledgeable about both the game and the community. I can not understand why you are not at the very top of CCS and discussing the new levels with me?

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,411 Legend
    Options

.I can not understand why you are not at the very top of CCS and discussing the new levels with me?

Hi @Scooterpie I have only been playing for three years, so I think that is one reason I haven't made it to the end of the map yet. The other reason is that I only play 1-2 hours a day and increasingly some of that time is spent sending lives.

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 883 Level 3
    Options

I am an application developer with a state/provincial level government. We are also on the smaller end so we don't have quality assurance teams to check for and deal with testing/bugs.

Basically the developers have to do thorough testing, support, bug fixing, etc. We also have good communication between teams which allows us to see bugs and solutions we might not have run into.

Basically the process for me is to draw upon what I have seen or dealt with, stuff that could be possible, then I just start tossing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks... or the issue resolves itself with no code change, it is not exactly encouraging when that happens and it is shocking how often it does.

Beyond that been "gaming" since the Atari 2600, must have been like 5 or 6 at the time. Family also had an 8088 (cheaper than the 8086 but still a couple grand).

To simplify what I was saying a bit. Basically when you are online it is quite likely your device sends updates to the King servers with what you have completed. There would be some back and forth between your device and the server.

What likely happened in your case is you completed the level so you got the black overlay while your device would reload the map with the completed level. For some reason either what you sent was not full received by King or what their servers send back did not reach you so your game effectively got stuck.

Later it is likely they have a process to make sure all those type of processes have completed. Their severs then send the correct update back to your device and you could move on. This additional check is usually not done right away since it would slow everything down and would be down at a quite time for internet traffic and as a group with any other ones that might be needed for other users.

The fact it did not simply drop you at the map with the level incomplete is odd and why I thought it was a graphical issues at first. Of course to be fair King does nothing normally haha.

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,821 Community Manager
    Options

Hi everyone and hope you all had a great weekend 😃

Are you still having issues playing? If yes, please let me know the game app version installed via Microsoft Store and for Facebook, please try a different browser.

I'm checking with the studio if they have noticed something off but all is looking good as it should 🤔

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?