One of These Things Are Not Like the Other

Options
Colleen12
Colleen12 Posts: 694 Level 4

So for months I have been suggesting to King that there are huge discrepancies between platforms and players in this game which leaves a lot of inequity and unfairness between players of Candy Crush. This is causing a huge animosity between players as noted on the Facebook Group Candy Crush All Help. Players are constantly voicing their dissatisfaction with this game. @José_Savelkoul I am tagging you because you are constantly replying to members in this Facebook group and apprising them of the issues reported here in the Community.

I am leaving two pictures here to demonstrate what I have found and I have many more. King has always responded that although some players get higher rewards they have to collect more coloured candies depending on the event.

I also have received an email response from King on multiple occasions that basically repeats the same standard typical response and I have saved 200+ email to clearly demonstrate this. My eyesight is terrible and I am waiting for new glasses so @QueenB perhaps you could point out what I am missing here. We will call your game "Spot the Differences"

Since this community moderators likes to create games @PummyRaj lets see how many Community Members have similar screen shots and you might even consider this for one of your weekly challenges with a badge which you could call the "Unethical  Badge". Lets call this game "One of These Things Is Not Like The Other" Why not even give Gold Bars for the player that finds the most discrepancies between platforms and players

I am no longer receiving any emails from King on anything I send since they cannot resolve my issues and they refuse to deal with my complaints and /or observations. I was provided with an email address ccsmfeedback@king.com but I keep getting this error message Recipient address rejected: Access denied. Ironically, I keep getting multiple emails daily for the Customer Care Satisfaction Survey even though I did not send in a complaint or issue with the game because I am tired of not getting any response. Surely this is a glitch in their system, but wait, King does not have glitches.

I am tagging you @Alienscar because in all honesty I think you are the only one here in the Community that will give me a response worthy of what should have come from the King Customer Care Representative.

I have also taken the liberty of taking screen shots of this post, since King loves screen shots, in the event that it is not posted, and to clearly demonstrate who really works for who here in the Community the players or King.

Thanks everyone, have a great day. I look forward to your responses 😊

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,006 Level 5
    Options
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,949 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello dear @Colleen12🤗 I did not get a chance to reply to you today as I wasn't home!

A simple answer would be -- we all receive different features with lot of variations as all those features are in testing!

I too am in the group that receives only 35 GB per Champions' Race, and I totally understand the frustration that other players feel! It is not just the Episode Race, there are variations in Candy Royale too! I, myself saw 400 GB for 6 levels; 500 GB for 8 levels; 500 GB for 12 levels, which excludes 1500 GB for 21 levels!!

I have never seen "Bash for Bars"!! That looks like an easy event to earn some great rewards, isn't it? Not just us, even QueenB does not receive many events in her game (I help out in both Farm games and it is the same situation in those games too)!

The reason I found for this is - these "new" features are still in testing. And, when the features are in testing, players are added through the random list that's generated by King's computer system, and then either the tests are spread out to more players OR moved from one group to another!!!

I will stop here, @Colleen12! I am not sure if I am answering any of your points! But, it is late and I am sleepy! I will get back to you tomorrow evening🙏

• christinewupp
    Options

I don't understand that you don't have the event. You posted screenshots of it? It was run a few weeks ago.

I agree very much with @PummyRaj ,who is a player just like all of us here. We cannot choose which version of the various events we are given. Luckily although we do spend some time comparing events here in the community we take it "with a pinch of salt" as I would say, and there is no animosity in this community about it, thank goodness. We all know King are unfair in the way they use "test groups" for everything from adverts, events, payouts of events, top win streaks to the actual level design. It is best to take it not all too seriously since it is only a game. Since King provide this game for free and no player is forced to spend any money on it (if the only way to play seems to be to spend money then we all have the choice to quit!) they can run the game whichever way they like really. We either go along with it or stop playing it. The latter is really quite easy for anyone to do: Uninstall the app.

• Colleen12
    edited April 4
    Options

Actually it's up and running again this week and it has been running every two weeks since January I believe. I was not one of the fortunate selected testers to receive it this time. So a player who has literally thousands of Gold Bars gets the opportunity to win another 60 Gold Bars, while others only get 40 and the rest get none. Your absolutely right I can uninstall the app and stop playing but I prefer to limit my play and continue to advocate and challenge the obvious blatant unfairness for players in this game.

Have a great day🙂

• christinewupp
    Options

You might be interested in my question about All Stars which I post below just in case it might interest you. I don't care that much about fairness in the actual game any more for the reasons I stated above, but in a cash prize competition I really do think ethics of fairness matter hugely.

• Colleen12
    Options

Exactly 100% agreed. I would also like to add that I am glad there is no animosity in the Community but for me I question everything. Perhaps I can attribute this to my career in providing legal assistance to clients for 32 years. I have been playing this game for a long time, I follow this Facebook Group Candy Crush Saga All Help | Facebook and the animosity amongst players is brutal. Social media can be a wonderful thing but it can also bring out the worst in people.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,894 Legend
    Options

To be honest @Colleen12 I am not too sure I can answer your issues as King aren't transparent enough in their working practices or communications for me to come to any absolute conclusion.

So for months I have been suggesting to King that there are huge discrepancies between platforms 

I would say this isn't a suggestion it is an actual fact. It is a definite fact that levels across the platforms are of different design and difficulty, so it follows that features across the platforms are likely to be different, or in some cases non-existant. Additionally it is not just across platforms as people on the same platform can have different (no) features.

which leaves a lot of inequity and unfairness between players of Candy Crush.

Personally I disagree with all of the complaints about unfairness as for me Candy Crush, at its heart, is a single player game. The overlay of features that try to make out that you are playing against/with other people is just a smokescreen and should be ignored. That is, the problems only arise if people compare their game to someone else's when there is absolutely no reason to do this. If people just played their own game with the features they have they would be much happier. I find it odd that people claim that something like the 20 gold bar difference in the Bash for Bars is unfair as realistically what difference would the 20 bars make. In other words if people didn't know about the 60 gold bars they would have been perfectly happy with 40.

Players are constantly voicing their dissatisfaction with this game.

When people are fond of something they get really defensive/protective of that thing. The problem is when this happens some of the dissatisfaction can be summed up as 'we don't like change'

I was provided with an email address ccsmfeedback@king.com but I keep getting this error message

I gave you that address Colleen, so please try this one instead candycrush.techhelp@king.com

perhaps you could point out what I am missing here. We will call your game "Spot the Differences"

As for the main reason for your post there is nothing I can say to answer this as the only people that can genuinely answer your question about why we see features with differing rewards is someone from King.

The situation you highlight with your screenshots is nothing new as pointed out by PummyRaj and it is something that has been going on for years. Even the Treat Machine caused complaints when it was first released when it was discovered that some people received UFOs from them. There were even versions with more and less tiers.

In my opinion the only thing wrong with the feature variations is King's language when describing them. Every feature/Event is described as a test and quite frankly this is ridiculous.

The constant use of the word test in response to queries about why players haven't got a particular feature/Event is, I believe, the biggest reason and cause of frustration in players.

Every person that plays Candy Crush will have encountered some kind of test in their life and they understand that every test requires a reason and a result. So when King tells us that a feature such as adverts that have been in the game for years is a test for most people this comes across as obvious obfuscation.

Another example of how ridiculous the word test is when used by King is the All Stars. The All Stars is a major $1,000,000 event splashed across social media and it comes with a Hub and a change to the Home screen of the game. Yet any issues with the event are met with the response of 'it's just a test'. Any right thinking person realises that tests aren't advertised first and for weeks in advance on social media.

So in case it isn't clear I don't see the variations between the features as an issue and the real issue and cause of frustration is the obscure language used by King.

TESTING

• Colleen12
    Options

Thank you again for your response. As I previously said before I am not singling you and I think my game suggestions are my way of trying to put some humour into this frustrating situation. I find you to be the most engaging moderator here in the Community and I appreciate your explanation but I don't have to like it or agree with it. This game has been around 2012 and I have been pretty well playing it since then. All these testing features, in my opinion, are probably the most if not all the reason for the continuous glitches and connectivity issues with the Candy Crush game. System overloads cause problems.

Have a great day 🙂

• Colleen12
    edited April 4
    Options

As always your advice here is invaluable. My day is just starting here in Newfoundland Canada and I am "rearing to go" as we like to say, especially once my second coffee kicks in. I appreciate the new email address you have provided but in all honestly I would be shocked if they replied, and this only seems to trigger multiple Customer Satisfaction Surveys. Perhaps one day I will try it once my coffee kicks in 🤣

I think my greatest disappointment with this game was when I reached level 15000 and I never received the awesome boosters that everyone were receiving and sharing on social media. When I questioned this well you know the rest it's a test feature and not everyone gets it.

Hope you have a great day and an awesome sleep 🙂

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?