๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐Ÿฌ Hot & Sweet right now in Candy Crush Saga!

One of These Things Are Not Like the Other

Options

Comments

• Josรฉ_Savelkoul
    Josรฉ_Savelkoul Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options

I'm just always trying to keep everyone posted at our group, but also trying to get members to share their five cents in here, on King's end, where they might be able to really do something with the feedback given.

Have a nice evening...

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 838 Level 3
    Options

Lets be clear as to what the "testing" is.

1. Initial testing (call it alpha) is to see if the feature works. That is always a small group.
    2. Appears in game testing (call it beta) is to see if the feature works for the larger group. Event will have variations but that is not the main testing at this point.
    3. Event is around for awhile (call it profit testing) is to see if the feature is matching the required profit expectations for people on average for every episode. You might see even more versions of these events that in the Beta. Basically King is now making sure everyone is shelling out as expected and adjusting as needed. This is based on whatever profit algorithm they have.

Just take a look at the 51 to 200 level rework. It is pretty clear King wants to dramatically smooth those levels out as they were pretty uneven and turned people off I suspect. They further reworked them recently to dramatically improve them, except in a few cases.

Same with gumball levels starting at 187 replacing bomb/chocolate ones. It is a more interesting and fun mechanic. I was seeing levels well into the 500s with gumballs. That being said, it was a bit of a swing and miss as they mechanic does need build up time and Nightmarish and Legendary level are objectively harder with it.

Clearly King is seeing more people quit rather then spend money now so they need to get you more hooked. That being said, levels 200 to 230 have a 4 Legendary and 5 Nightmarish levels is not exactly going get people to stick around, especially since the gumball machine makes these levels worse.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,045 Level 5
    Options

Yeah, the levels 220 through to 260 are strangely hard ones. I wonder if they have made them even harder now, deliberately to stop this sort of behaviour I suggested about a month ago:

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 694 Level 4
    Options

Wow these posts from you and @Pyrolight explain so much. Last week I came in 2nd place without even trying. Purple candies are not on every level so the numbers in my game were not in the millions. The top player had approximately 300K which seems doable. I suspect that the numbers will be back in the millions this weekend because the goal is to collect Blue candies. I personally will not be spending my weekend trying to collect the most Blue candy. I will play my usual limited game and hopefully win an episode race while the other players in my race are focused on the collecting those Blue candies. I have even suggested to King that they have events to collect red, yellow candies or even colour bombs to make these type events more realistic and fair for all players.

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 694 Level 4
    Options

Reply # 2

I have already posted a reply to you and @Pyrolight and my second coffee is now kicking in. I cannot see my that my first reply has been posted and I have so many more thoughts and questions from my caffeine rush.

Before Christmas I was getting close to level 15000, I was out of Gold Bars and I was not getting anywhere without them. Miraculously the Bash for Bars event appeared every two weeks and I was able to get collect some much needed Gold Bars to get me past level 15000. I am now at level 15419 and my Gold Bars are dwindling fast. So when this event appeared for some players this week and I did not get it I got a little perturbed, hence the original post. After reading your comments here I suspect that this is part of the manipulation of this game to draw you back in the hope that you will get addicted and when you run out you will buy whatever Boosters/Gold Bars you need to pass those levels. I have only spent money on this game once and the deal was so good I could not pass it up because I needed the Gold Bars to pass a level I was stuck on for weeks. Now I am finally realizing, based on what you patient community members are telling me is that this is part of King's strategy to get you back hook, line and sinker as we like to say.

As I said yesterday I am from Newfoundland Canada. We are a English speaking province but our dialect is often misunderstood for Irish and we use words that most people don't understand often considered slang. We are also fun loving people, love to drink and party, and often get into trouble with our words without even meaning to because some people think we are being rude but in fact the opposite is true.

Have a great day, my limited game playing is up for today. I am off to do some baking, which has always been my real passion and more so since I retired. If your ever in my neck of the woods and you want to enjoy some Newfoundland hospitality please reach out I would love to have coffee and spin a yarn and share some of my delicious treats. @Alienscar @PummyRaj I am also considering you part of this group of patient community members who have taken the time to explain these things to me and help me come to the realization that this is a business whose purpose is to make profit. Whatever relaxation and fun I did have playing this game when I started back in 2012 is gone, never to be restored.

Have a great day everyone๐Ÿ˜Š

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 838 Level 3
    edited April 6
    Options

As I said yesterday I am from Newfoundland Canada. We are a English
    speaking province but our dialect is often misunderstood for Irish and
    we use words that most people don't understand often considered slang.
    We are also fun loving people, love to drink and party, and often get
    into trouble with our words without even meaning to because some people
    think we are being rude but in fact the opposite is true.

Lol understatement of the century. The Irish wish they were as hard drinking and crazy as the average Newfie.

Ya I am Canuck as well, Saskatchewan is my home province. Now out east on the turd with a bridge that sits off of New Brunswick.

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 532 Level 3
    Options

@PummyRaj Everything is still 'testing' and they have been for years! I, for one, am tired of this canned excuse! ๐Ÿ˜ฟ

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 532 Level 3
    Options

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?