Player card test

Comments

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,722 Level 5

"I can't believe they have got your start year wrong. Makes me wonder where they get the information from now."

I've got a feeling @Alienscar I was having problems playing through Facebook at the beginning of 2023 and created a King account then merged them together. So they have taken the date from the King account as that is what I play now.

If that is the case @QueenB I'm sure there will be many others that have done the same. So what happens with that?

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,309 Level 5

^ ah-hah @Carol-38 ! That does sound like the answer to the mystery—and would mean the issue doesn't exclusively affect players above L17000 but any Facebook player. Curious to know what solution King will use to address it.

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 985 Level 3

@Deryck @Carol-38 I started on Facebook in about 2012 and went to the windows app somewhere around 2018. I don't have the new players card yet on my computer. I'm not to sure I even want it since the information is not correct. I really don't care how long someone has been playing or those color bombs. What were they thinking. Lol

• Carol-38

I'm guessing at the date I moved from Facebook to King, thought it was before 2023 but I can't find when it actually was. So think that makes more sense with what they are showing for me. Even if the information was correct @cookiemae I don't know what it's all about. You will see from what Alienscar has attached that you can compare your statistics with whoever you have in your friends list - why - what's it all about. Good job they don't have our ages, height and weight listed 😭

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,956 Community Manager

Hi everyone and thanks for sharing your feedback 🙏

To clarify, if you merged your Facebook and King accounts, the date when you created the King account will be used as the start date on your player card. I’ll pass this feedback to the team so they’re aware of how this impacts other players as well.

I also wanted to share that with the new player card, you can hide information like your location and last time online. @Carol-38 you had this question if I'm not mistaken.

Just go to Settings > Features and turn off the options you’d like to hide.

Hope this helps and thanks again for the feedback 😉

• Carol-38

Hi @QueenB thanks for your reply. No in my first post to you I said "but at least with the original one we had the choice of not showing certain things, where we were playing from and when we last played", I knew we still had that. I was asking if more options to filter out the other stats that has now been added is going to be given. What is the reason for comparing how many combined colour bombs have been played, a players current login streak, current win streak and where they came in the last race all about?

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,956 Community Manager

Hi @Carol-38,

Apologies for the confusion, and thank you for clarifying! I’ve noted your suggestion about wanting more options to hide specific stats like login streak, win streak, combined colour bombs and race results. I’ll pass this along to the team for consideration 😉

• Carol-38

Thanks @QueenB it would still be nice to know the reasons all the additional stats were added please. As the way I see it is that is all personal to the individual players, who might not want it displayed. I'm sure if we asked for a comparison list showing what the King CEO's/Developers earned from the game every 7 days we would be told that's personal to them and wouldn't be shown. Shame they're not focusing more on the dozens of other things we've been asking to be put right and given. Thanks and hope they will give you the reason it was felt necessary to do what they have done 😊

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,136 Legend

@QueenB as a counterpoint to @Carol-38 I don't mind seeing and sharing any of the data that now appears in the Player Card. None of it is what I would consider private/personal data so I really don't mind other players knowing where I finished in my last Episode Race, or what my Win Streak is.

What I do not like is how small the Send Life button is and the time taken for the life sending animation is far too long. The whole thing seems designed to slow down the sending of lives.

As Carol has said it is disappointing to see this change, and others (Sweet Cinema) when there are more important things that King could be working on.

If the level ranking was removed due to server issues then I don't see how this Player Card is less demanding.

King should really start thinking about the feedback they receive here and provide a send life to all button and return the level ranking.

When you think about it we have gone from this which was removed to save space.

To this

Which is very similar to the feature removed to save space.

• Carol-38

I think it's nice that you don't think what is being shared without the players agreement is private or personal and I'm sure there will be others who feel the same @Alienscar But I do feel it is private and personal to each individuals game and I'm sure others will feel the same as me. But whatever, for King just to do it and not give the filter option for those who may want to use it is unfair, and what are they planning on showing in the future. But apart from all of that, what is the actual reason for it? Now that I would really like to know.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?