What does "cheating" actually mean....?

Options
124»

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,746 Level 5
    Options

Now that is a fine line you draw there. What is the difference between intentionally and unintentionally? So to use my analogy, the first time I withdraw from that cash machine it's okay to keep the extra 50 pounds that it spat out, but if I then decide to come back the next day in hope and find it does it again, then that is morally different?

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 666 Level 3
    Options

@christinewupp I am kinda confused here on cheating. The terms and conditions for the all stars is not worded the same as the regular game. Are y'all only talking about the terms of the all stars?

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,913 Level 5
    Options

Perhaps glitches should not be purposely used in a competition such as the "All Stars", however, I don't see how you can really separate the game from the glitches? My, my, how did you get those boosters that you are now using CCS player? So, I guess we are talking about both @cookiemae. I have been playing since July 2013 and there have always been glitches. So maybe:

❓❓❓

• christinewupp
    Options

No, @cookiemae I wasn't meaning just All Stars, I did mean in general. I don't think there is any mention in the All Stars terms about multiple accounts but it is mentioned in the general terms and conditions. It just happens to be during All Stars that all those allegations about cheating are made, but I was just throwing the question out there in general. I am fed up with players claiming that anyone better than themselves must be a cheater, but they don't actually specify what they mean by the terms "cheater". I still do not know the proper definition of cheating. What some claim is a sign of cheating surely is just clever strategic play (such as watching the leaders' score and keeping just behind them, and coming from behind to overtake at the last minute) What one person would call "cheating" is in fact what someone else would call "fair play".

As a more general point I would suggest that for me the term "cheating" can, or should, only be applied in a competition against other players. So in our general game of Candy Crush, the single player game where it is me against the game, I don't think there ever can be any cheating. Cheating is if you gain an unfair advantage against other players but apart from the live leaderboard competitions there are no real other players in my game that I compete against. They are all fake and chosen by King.

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 783 Level 4
    Options

Love this post you're comparison with the ATM Banking Machine is spot on. If the glitches are not fixed then this is a King problem not a player problem. If players can continue to take advantage it's still King's problem simply because the glitch continues to unresolved. I love glitches and believe me there are a few to take advantage of in this game. Personally I believe these unfixed glitches are a fair exchange for these long tedious events where bots control the event like All Stars 2024 let them have it. In future King should consider an option to simply opt out of player event participation. As @Pyrolight image suggests all is fair in Love, War and Gaming 😊

• christinewupp
    Options

I can tell you what "cheating" really means: Deliberately take over a week to fix a level that is broken so it can't be beaten by anyone unless they buy lollipop hammers. I reported levels 1881 and 1882 one week ago today as soon as I spotted the first post. I am sorry, King, but if that is what the game has come to then all is fair gameplay, as you have said here @Colleen12 . How dare they suggest that we are cheaters if we take advantage of a glitch when they won't fix one that is as easy to fix: Just remove those two levels and replace them with how they were before. How hard can that be?

The complaints about this still keep coming in. For each person turning to the community there must be hundreds if not thousands who refuse to wait a full week to continue playing and buy lollipop hammers, which is the only way to pass these two levels. Starting boosters are disabled, so you can't even try a colour bomb and timed boosters therefore also do not appear for the same reason. So if ever there was a level that forces anyone wishing to continue with their game to pay up, then these are definitely so:

The ONLY way past these is to spend 10 gold on each one to play on or use a total of 3 lollipop hammers.

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 783 Level 4
    Options

I definitely remember level 1881 and having to use 10 Gold Bars to get past this level. I actually wrote to King directly, provided a screenshot, and they returned my Gold Bars no questions asked. As I have said before these tedious events like All Stars 2024 have no interest for me and I wish there was an opportunity to opt out of them. Players from India could not compete in All Stars but they continued to get the regular events that a lot of players were expressing their frustration with for not getting ie Bash for Bars. Why can all players not have this choice to opt out whether it is voluntary or involuntary? My guess is that when events like this are running King Customer Care is overloaded and they cannot keep up with the continuous flow of complaints from players specifically related to the event and that all other complaints take a much lower priority until the event is finished. This is how King could then classify this as a successful event. Perhaps @QueenB can provide some input here and perhaps confirm what I have suggested or offer another explanation. Have a great day everyone 🙂

• christinewupp
    Options

I will post a previous question from another thread in this one, to stay on topic:

The two instead of one colour bomb I get on my starting board when I have timed colour bombs activated, are those a glitch or is this one of King's tests? @QueenB can you shed some light on this? I only get one colour bomb when I choose the play normal colour bomb starting booster, but if I have timed colour bombs, either by purchasing them with gold or from an event then I always see one extra colour bomb on my starting board! This is on my iPad only, not on my phone. If this is a glitch we need to know because using glitches is classed as cheating by King and therefore would make me a cheater !

Here on the screenshot below I have three colour bombs, one from the win streak and two from timed boosters:

It seems to give me an unfair advantage by increasing my chances of getting a winning two colour bomb starting board.

Playing the same login on two devices, which is expressively allowed, also gives me an advantage in this game, since I can choose which of the two devices I play a level on. In this case, of course, I will choose the iPad which gives me the extra colour bomb! So am I a cheater or not? Because at this rate I think I will be able to accumulate enough gold to win next year's All Stars. Surely King won't want me to do that and other players will accuse me of being a cheater, so I would quite like to know well ahead of time if I am playing the game as it is intended to be played or not.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?