🌡 Top That! Under Investigation: Connection error when claiming rewards

Options

Comments

• benty67
    benty67 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited May 31
    Options

I reached the level on Top That challenge where i was suppose to collect 25 gold bars. It said i I had no internet connection and said i would have to wait until later for my reward. I had internet throughout my game. When will I get my 25 gold bars?

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 35,820 Candy Moderator
    edited May 31
    Options

Hello @benty67🤗 A Warm Welcome to the King Community!

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the Gold Bars!

You will have to contact the King Player Support team, so that they can investigate if there is an issue with the device and replace any unclaimed rewards! Please follow the steps in this Green lettered link —> How to contact Player Support from the game to report an issue!

If you have any questions, please type below🍫🍫

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 150,376 Candy Moderator
    edited May 31
    Options

Hi And Welcome to the King Community

Thank you for reporting. This issues is being investigated for more info Here

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,862 Level 5
    Options
    🙂 It's fun, but could use some tweaks.

I got the same as well. Twice! On the tiers where there was gold as a prize the message "connection error". On the other tiers no problem. I wonder why this is. I don't believe this is a real connection error in the way we get if the wifi is weak, there is no attempt to connect to store, just the message pops up out of nowhere and then the next tier starts to fill up as if the gold tier never existed. I wonder if it is something to do with playing on two devices which are out of synch on this event. The boosters I can always claim, never any "connection error" on booster tiers.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,862 Level 5
    edited May 31
    Options
    🙂 It's fun, but could use some tweaks.

The same thing happened to me yesterday, also at the 25 gold tier. A message "connection error" came up and then the game just went on to the next tier as if the gold tier had never existed. It is not related to my internet connection at all. I never have any connection problems and it only happens at the gold tiers on Top That, not at any of the other tiers. There is no sign of the game trying to connect to the server at this point like it would if there really was a connection problem. It is just that the message pops up very briefly. I believe the connection error message is written into the event, maybe because I play on two devices though I do remember I got the error message both times I reached the end of tier 10 on both my phone and iPad, but at different times because this event is out of synch. Maybe the event is faulty if you play on two devices. Surely it should synch between devices. Other similar events like Season Pass and Beat the Buffet always synch, but Top That is out of synch on my iPhone and iPad, these are screenshot taken at the same moment.

IPhone:

iPad:

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 35,820 Candy Moderator
    edited May 31
    Options

Hi Christine🙋‍♀️

I have experienced the same each time I played it (this is the 3rd time I have received the event)! But, I forgot to take screenshots (which will prove that I did not receive my reward) to send my complaint to the Player Support team😕

I didn't have issues to receive the 50 Gold Bars prize though🤷‍♀️

Edited: And, yes! I too am noticing that the progress is not syncing on the devices!!

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,186 Community Manager
    Options

Under Investigation: Connection error when claiming Top That rewards

Hi everyone and Happy Friday!

We’re sorry the issue with claiming rewards is still happening 😔

Rest assured we are aware and working as fast as we can to solve this issue.

Please remember that these rewards can be claimed only once; if you're playing on multiple devices (on a mobile phone and a tablet, for instance), you might get an error message when you claim your prize again on your second device.

We’ll keep you updated in this thread and thank you for your patience and understanding 🙏

• Aries2020
    Aries2020 Posts: 40 Level 2
    Options
    🥳 Love it! It's exciting and engaging!

Please, please don't take away the Top That event! So fun, next to Season Pass, my absolute favorite!! Could use a bit more time to reach the last tier, yes, but all in all, absolute favorite!!!

• Aries2020
    Aries2020 Posts: 40 Level 2
    Options
    🥳 Love it! It's exciting and engaging!

Oh, also, how often does this event appear? I got it once, them it finished and reappeared again after 36 hours, like Season Pass does, but this time, it's been 4 or 5 days and I no longer have it. 😕😕

• TPS23
    TPS23 Posts: 180 Level 2
    Options
    🙁 Not really enjoying it, it could be better.

I got Top That again today with different award system. For example, there is no 25 GB tier (it was tier 9 or 10 I think), instead 50 GB at tier 16, then 8 party poppers + 100 GB at tier 22, unlimited lives for 2 hours + 75 GB at tier 24, and the last tier still awards 250 GB. It’d better not disappear this time.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?