⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

1180 help

Options

Answers

• gypsynhobbes
    gypsynhobbes Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

I am having the same problem.  I even watched someone online who did complete it, but they used 4 hands to complete it.  If you get two striped together and use them, you run the risk of exploding everything off the page and then you have nothing. What makes it worse is the bombs.  You can't strategize when you are seeing that something is ready to explode.  I think this level is ridiculous and unfair.  This might be the level that makes me stop playing this game.  I'm disgusted.

• Connie_Eller
    Connie_Eller Posts: 32 Level 2
    Options

Was going to ask that question also.  This level is beastly.  If you manage to get the multi-colored - striped combos (which I have only done once)---It seems that there are always 8 stripe to stripe combos left which are ridiculously hard to get.  I may try the stripe to stripe first but then you lose the multi colored.  I think they forgot to drop more surprise candies--it is needed here

Very difficult, and frustrating when a required combo is made, all of mystery candies are then eliminated! Not a fun level to play at all.
  • Tammy_Kory
    Tammy_Kory Posts: 435 Level 3
    Options

I have been playing the sugar track while waiting on new levels and saved a whole lot of boosters. I had over 100 free switches, 50 lollipop hammers, 15 col,or bombs, 23 wrapped/striped combos and almost 200 lucky candies. I have used EVERY SINGLE BOOSTER in my stash except the lucky candies. I still have those but the problem is usually when you use those they do drop throughout the game but in this level they only come up in the beginning.  This tells you they have either intentionally made an impossible level or they simply failed to allow more mystery candies to drop. 

That's horrible and a perfect example of why this level is developed to make money . I am sorry you lost all those boosters!
  • Former_User
    Former_User Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

I have been playing the sugar track while waiting on new levels and saved a whole lot of boosters. I had over 100 free switches, 50 lollipop hammers, 15 col,or bombs, 23 wrapped/striped combos and almost 200 lucky candies. I have used EVERY SINGLE BOOSTER in my stash except the lucky candies. I still have those but the problem is usually when you use those they do drop throughout the game but in this level they only come up in the beginning.  This tells you they have either intentionally made an impossible level or they simply failed to allow more mystery candies to drop. 

Well the bright side is that I did not pay for them as I earned them on the sugar track.
  • Former_User
    Former_User Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

The All Help blog suggests going after the striped/striped first since these do less damage, then looking for a striped/color bomb where there are few of the striped color on the board. I think this is good advice. I passed this level by using a ton of boosters, mostly switch hands (I had over 100 from sugar drops and wheel), but before setting off striped/color bomb combos I used hammers to remove any of the striped color that could hit another color bomb. The level is quite buggy, so you do run the risk of using up boosters only to have it freeze on you near the end.

There's at least one video of passing it without boosters, so it can be done. I fought my way through levels like 410 and 425 without boosters when they were much harder to come by, but these days I lack the patience. 

(Would people please stop kvetching about King's alleged attempts to make money by making levels too hard? It's a for-profit company, in business to make money. How it chooses to try to do that is its business decision. I'd bet that it's not in King's best interest to make levels too hard, because for every player who buys moves or boosters there are three who get frustrated and quit entirely. I don't work there and know no one who does, but that's my guess.)

Thanks for trying to police our comments! We really appreciate it!
  • Henry_Dupont
    Henry_Dupont Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I used 7 Hand Switchers & 1 lollipop to beat level 1180,  I only had 3  Colored Bomb + Stripe to get  so i started Switching lol.  took me forever to get that far though.  Good Luck everyone!  I agree Mystery Candies should keep coming down  and open up the board more. 

• William_Bibb
    William_Bibb Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

The All Help blog suggests going after the striped/striped first since these do less damage, then looking for a striped/color bomb where there are few of the striped color on the board. I think this is good advice. I passed this level by using a ton of boosters, mostly switch hands (I had over 100 from sugar drops and wheel), but before setting off striped/color bomb combos I used hammers to remove any of the striped color that could hit another color bomb. The level is quite buggy, so you do run the risk of using up boosters only to have it freeze on you near the end.

There's at least one video of passing it without boosters, so it can be done. I fought my way through levels like 410 and 425 without boosters when they were much harder to come by, but these days I lack the patience. 

(Would people please stop kvetching about King's alleged attempts to make money by making levels too hard? It's a for-profit company, in business to make money. How it chooses to try to do that is its business decision. I'd bet that it's not in King's best interest to make levels too hard, because for every player who buys moves or boosters there are three who get frustrated and quit entirely. I don't work there and know no one who does, but that's my guess.)

Has anyone else ever noticed those help videos on a hard level on the youtube site is always suspicious looking. It seems wierd, first of all, how they ALWAYS have perfect candies coming down where I have the exact opposite. Also, how do you even do a video of the game. Wouldnt u have to know u were going to beat it first or would u record every time?
  • RhiRun
    RhiRun Posts: 31 Level 2
    Options

I was just coming on here to post about this exact thing. I'm not wasting my boosters on this. It's impossible.... I've tried it SO many different ways. Striped/striped first, color/striped first... NO GOOD

• mckeebur3_
    mckeebur3_ Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Was going to ask that question also.  This level is beastly.  If you manage to get the multi-colored - striped combos (which I have only done once)---It seems that there are always 8 stripe to stripe combos left which are ridiculously hard to get.  I may try the stripe to stripe first but then you lose the multi colored.  I think they forgot to drop more surprise candies--it is needed here

i got down to one combo needed...by doing all the double striped combos first..and had one candy bomb/stripe combo left...havent gotten that close again
  • lady-nutter
    lady-nutter Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

The worse problem i have had with this level is that everytime i get down to just needing a couple of combo's the game freezes on me, because i did not want to loose this fab 'game', l left it for a while to see if it would unfreeze alas it did not so i had to reload the game and lost.  Not happy and as i can see no garuntee that the freezing problem would not happen again i refuse to pay out any money.  I have tried to send a message to king but have not had a reply, really bad customer service.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?