📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

🎬️ Video ads disappearing or not available

Options

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,696 Sweet Legend
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @Doondie where did you hear about this? Do you have anything in writing as proof that this happens? If so, please share this with us.

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5
    edited March 2023
    Options

Helloes,

There have been countless reports by CCS players on here, Reddit and various Facebook fan groups over the past year or two, all saying the same thing - once you make a purchase in-game with real money, video ads and ad reliant features such as Sweet Cinema disappear immediately.

When 100+ people independently share about the same experience, it's no longer a coincidence or a "test feature". It's either a bug, or intended game behaviour. Either way, one loses ads on that account indefinitely as a result of making a single purchase.

And this is sad because it drives players away from the game. Paying players must be rewarded, not punished. It's high time they ended the "test phase" and rolled out ads to everyone.

So far I've seen only 1 person saying they got ads back 1.5 yrs after losing them and another person saying they took a 4-month break, then ads were back when they resumed playing.

Peace! 😊

• _Elsa_
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @Doondie thank you very much for your quick response! The reason for the test groups is to prevent loads and loads of players complaining when a new event is released. The studios do the test groups randomly and they collect the data to see how many clear the event and how long it takes. Can you imagine if it was rolled out to millions at one time? I know it's hard to imagine but I'd prefer the test groups check to see if it's working before it gets rolled out to others. Also you might be in a test group and suddenly you don't see the event anymore and then you are put into another test group. I never had the video ads at all and I was not purchasing anything.

Just because 100+ share the same experience doesn't mean that it's due to a purchase. Could it just be a coincidence because take into consideration how many players make purchases? Unless it's coming from a reliable source like the King studios and/or employees of King I wouldn't trust Facebook at all! I have a Facebook group for all 4 of the candy crush games and no one ever wrote in my group about that. In my mind I am thinking heresay unless it's in writing from a reliable source.

I do appreciate your response and how quickly you answered. I was absent from here for a few months so I don't know what's going on now but I can tell you from past experience being involved as a moderator the studio had to take the videos off because it was freezing the game. Now that is frustrating because you think you're going to get rewarded and all you get is a frozen screen and have to close the game and reopen it. So if some people are getting this now I would say it's a test group to see if that old glitch was resolved.

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hey we both started the game the same year. How did you find out about the game? My daughter was playing the game and I asked her what she was playing. That was it! Years later I'm still playing the game. What you and others might not understand is that the tests are ongoing. What we have today is 100% better than what we had in the game years ago. The complaints in the old King community were not fun to read. So, yes, it has improved a lot and testing will always be ongoing.

Where are you getting the idea that Microsoft manages the games? Microsoft is in the process of purchasing the King games but the deal hasn't been closed yet so they have no say in what goes on in the games. Years ago they had the sugar drop challenge. It was my favorite, favorite event. You collected sugar drops from the candies that had a "C" on it. When you filled up the jar you got free rewards. It was in the game for 4 years and one day I saw a message that it was being discontinued. I was heartbroken and so were others.

What banner are you referring to? I've been away and just now starting to read and respond again.

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5
    edited March 2023
    Options

I understand where you're coming from and normally I'd agree. However, this feature has been in test phase for years. This excuse of theirs is becoming ridiculous.

No-one can convince me all those people lost ads randomly. As a matter of fact, I'm yet to read anyone saying they lost ads out of the blue. On the contrary - everyone reports losing them immediately after making a purchase. It's definitely not a coincidence.

Here's a challenge - post a question in any CCS group and see what kind of response you get.

• _Elsa_
    edited March 2023
    Options

CCS group meaning Facebook? I am in the large groups and I don’t remember seeing messages about the videos.

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,858 Sweet Legend
    Options

Collecting the C was my idea and I sent that to the German customer service. Back then, everything still went by email. I had the suggestion that you can collect boosters while playing. It didn't take long and the C came in. Customer service also thought it was a very good idea. I had sent a lot to the German customer service also in Pepper Panic, Papa Pear.

• Dafreak
    Dafreak Posts: 117 Level 2
    Options

Thank you for your kind and lovely words.

However we don't all live in lala land and yes ads or added moves are CRUCIAL indeed.

Reach 13000 and above and you will réalise what you already know:

Candy Crush is not a game of skills but a game of luck. What people call "Lucky boards" are better algorithms dépend ing whether developers want you to suffer or not.

20 moves levels are just stupid examples that some levels are impossible without boosters.

I am on level 13366 and I have been punished because I don't want to aide by the rules.

CC is a pay to play (yes a paying service) game and isn't about fun or skills anymore.

I sincerely invite you to warch the walkthrough vidéos on YT.

Yes even the top players cannot complete rhese levels without boosters or UFOs.

4 days stuck on this level and I have tries everything in the book to clear this level.

This game is a lie. No you cannot progress or compète without paying.

Check my other posts about 13366.

I am offering now 200 dollars to anyone sending me a video clearing this level within the allocated 27 (reduced from 30 moves) and 91 frozen jellies, 25 liquorice and millions of blockers without paying and added boosters.

Level is just beyond stupid.

Asl any developers to get back to me and prove me wrong. And will happily send them a box of golden plated chocolatr.

For now I ben them (habi g played this level over 250 tumes) not to let me rot for too long and reintroduce ads and added moves at rhe end of the game.

Orherwise there is absolutely absolutely no flipping point in playing the game.

Ps: i am a newbie. I HAVE ONLY BEEN PLAYING SINCE 2013. And i can assure you this is beyond impossible to complete this level without boosters.

Might as well delete the app as the game as just become pointless and greedy.

Disgusting

Have you wonderful day orherwise.

Love from the Candy J'ai. Please let me out soon x

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hi @Dafreak I hear you and I can hear your frustration. I have a suggestion for you that you might want to try. You are obviously at a very high level and not everyone is as high as you are but I suggest that you create a new message here in the support area and make sure to add the level number in the subject header. Ask if there are other players who have played and cleared the level yet. You can also ask if others have tried it and find it very difficult to clear. In the past, I have seen some levels 'tweaked' due to players complaining about the difficulty. Why not give that a try because I know that the studio does listen and does make changes.

• Dafreak
    Dafreak Posts: 117 Level 2
    Options

I have already created 3 post with the header 13366 Impossible. Disgusting, the dumbest level ever designed. The list goes on.

The only sensible thing seems to uninstall Candy Crush.

I have lost all faith in the developers integrity and ability to listen.

See screenshots above.

I don't just like to complain but I am wondering how on earth it is possible to flip this level with 18 moves remaining with double CB combo and striped candy above??? Beyond reason...

In the end 9 liquorice left and 36 blockers to clear.

Please happily send to the design tem and ask them what they think.

30 levels cleared that week and 3 episod race won.

Which is by the way very handy to finish some difficult levels.

Now zero boosters, episod race gone (still to complete) From 1st to 5th position presently.

Weekly race from 1st to 3rd. Impossible to win now.

Success of the day 5 won, one missing so no xtra boosters available until then.

Cocontractant wheels 3 in stock and 3 jelly fish (impossible to use on this level.

4hours of unlimited life. Didn't make the slightliest différence whatsoever.

Daily bouses CB, striped with wrapped candies, switch, lollipops. Nothing works. Only wine therapy (preferably red) hehehe

More seriously, i don't think this level is possible without boosters or ads.

Please please please watch YT vidéos and tell me what you think.

Anyway, i think this level might be the end of the road for me.

Spending more time sending un read messages (most of the time) rather rhan playing the actual game which is indeed beyond frustration.

Do you really get stuck 4 Days on one level?

How would you feel? Cheated is the answer. Absolutely

Anyway i don't think rhat mt comments wull make the slightest of différence.

Take care

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?