⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• Kmoody
    Kmoody Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I have played Candy Crush for 8 years and I absolutely hate that I can’t play it on my iPad in landscape mode. Uncomfortable, and my screen doesn’t stay upright. Change the screen back!!!

• tangentialjo
    tangentialjo Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I’m so fed up with the random imposition of portrait mode. Why?! Today I went to replay a level when suddenly it switched from landscape to portrait, I’m so annoyed. Many of us dislike this format please just leave the option to individuals how they chose to play. I’ll wait a wee while and see if they come to their senses again and if not then after many years I be saying will say cheerio. Enough is enough.

• Qantas
    Qantas Posts: 18 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

After 6 weeks of being back in landscape mode today, it is in portrait again. Why? It doesn’t suit iPads with Magic Keyboard.

• hollyl1966
    hollyl1966 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited June 2023
    Options

Lost landscape mode again with recent update. My older ipad has been in portrait mode for months. Very frustrating that this keeps happening! Bring back landscape mode

• barsm007
    barsm007 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited June 2023
    Options

Portrait mode is awful. I no longer enjoy this game because of this change.

• lainey_fordy
    lainey_fordy Posts: 19 Level 2
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi, played on my iPad for years Landscape for it to ruined by the new portrait update - but it went back to Landscape a couple of weeks ago much to my relief……until today and it’s back to portrait !!

Anyone else had this….

Assume now this is permanent?

• Marlou2204
    Marlou2204 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Help!! My i-Pad is configured to use in landscape mode only - I cannot use it in portrait (the cover is made that way). Since this morning, Candy Crush switches to portrait, even though I have locked my screen in landscape setting.

Please how can I change this, this is extremely uncomfortable!!

Many thanks for an answer,

Marlou

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 151,656 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    edited June 2023
    Options

Why can't you play in landscape mode anymore? This is a TEST here!

⚠️ Need more help? Check our FAQ:s HERE and Help Center HERE!

• Marlou2204
    Marlou2204 Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

I know this was a test: I had it a while back, the game was in portrait mode on my device, but I could still hold the device in landscape mode while playing. So I kinda had a portrait experience (narrower) but I could still hold the device in landscape.

Now this is no longer possible: I HAVE to hold the device itself in portrait mode. This is really awful!! Please change it back!!!

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,990 Legend
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately @Marlou2204 that isn't how tests work. You will have to wait until the test is over before your screen is returned to normal.

Hopefully yours and everyone else's negative feedback about this unwarranted change will be made clear to King by our CMs @Novapichu and @QueenB

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?