⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• dutchy123
    dutchy123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited August 2023
    Options

I totally agree! I do NOT like this portrait screen format at all, the game is far too small.

• Quicknova
    Quicknova Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hi,

I'm making this comment to express my frustrations with this change. I do get that having Candy Crush Saga in only one aspect ratio across all devices makes development easier, but a company like King shouldn't cut corners like this.

My father has been playing the game for about 10 years now as a way to pass time, and it saddens me to explain to him that his favorite pass-time is now almost inaccessible to him due to this change of forcing Candy Crush Saga into portrait mode. We've tried several things to try and fit it back on landscape(-like) aspect ratio, but every time it goes back to portrait. Every time we try again and today nothing worked.

I've seen this thread several times and the blunt message I'm getting is that King won't change it unless everyone who experiences this inaccessibility reports it, and even then they might never change it.

My father is quite old today and as a son seeing his father diminish it hurts me to know that a big part of his pass-time got inaccessible to play, especially with bad eyesight. The argument could be made that he just needs to find something else or play other games, which we know, the other games for example Candy Crush Soda Saga actually still do play in landscape mode. But the thing with Candy Crush Saga is that this is the one he played the most, with the most levels and the likes. Throwing that away just doesn't feel right.

So please, if any moderator or community manager can see this message and press on the devs or the team of King or anyone with the right authority, please do, even if it is the 100000th time it has been brought to their attention. I don't want this to get to waste all because King decided it would be more efficient to give the game only 1 aspect ratio to work with.

Thanks for reading

• camberwellbeauty
    camberwellbeauty Posts: 23 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

If it stays like this, I'm not sure how enthusiastic I'll continue to be. I can't imagine how small it must look on a phone, mine is via laptop, and it's still so small. Why on earth did they do this?

• Jlw518
    Jlw518 Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options

No, it's awful. Perhaps you should just make it for phones, since you clearly don't want to be bothered coding for anything else, and this is an utter disaster on landscape screens that computers use.

• tiggs
    tiggs Posts: 12 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

again i am getting fed up as i am unable to play this game as it has shrunk in size and now we a lot of us that play cannot plat the game at all. please PLEASE HELP

• Hatsepsut
    Hatsepsut Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Candy Crush Saga on laptop is so small it gives me headaches. Nothing changed on my laptop, shrinking just happened. I did everything possible, Ctrl 0, restart, clear google cache, restore default, other than a complete chaos on my settings, Candy Crush did not come back. Yes, on that VERY small screen I can see some little stars and flowers and effects are changed, but I fail to see the purpose. This game cannot be played anymore.

• Hatsepsut
    Hatsepsut Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I am sorry too, it happened to me a few days ago, have written on SUPPORT. I am also sorry to say that if you don't know when and if it will be a playable game again, than you really have a problem at King. Post is from June, I am replying in August!!!

• parlady99
    parlady99 Posts: 311 Level 3
    Options

Couldn't agree more with what you said. I have seen nothing but negative comments about the new portrait mode. Definitely not a change for the better.

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,377 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the feedback. Recently a changed was made in the game to only let players play in Portrait mode (this is how the game would look like when playing on a phone). This change is also effective on Windows. Currently there’s no plans on changing this back, but please leave your feedback on the change in this discussion.

You can also find more information about the change here.

• TC109
    TC109 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I can barely see the game it is so small. I am considering not playing anymore. Go back to the old style.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?