won't load buddy challenge for that last couple of days

Barbara_J_2
Barbara_J_2 Posts: 1 Newbie

buddy challenge continues to spin, yesterday just kept spinning, this morning said sorry not completed, didn't even have a challenge and today it wont let me get a new buddy, keeps on spinning

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,882 Sweet Legend

Hi Barbara J,

Thank you for writing us here on King Care.  I think this might be a new glitch that just started as I have seen a few players reporting this.  I will be turning this over to a King Admin when she is back in the office and she will then elevate it to the studio for a fix.

• griffinra53
    griffinra53 Posts: 19 Level 2

My buddy challenge won’t load either!!!! I followed procedures including closing/re-opening app as well as checking for updates, turning my ipad off and restarting several times, etc...!!! WHY WON”T THE STUPID THING OPEN THE BUDDY CHALLENGE???!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOO frustrated - I have definitely passed my part of my current buddy challenge and need to gather my rewards which help me immensly when playing!!!!!!! ! It continually says “buddy challenge loading!”HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• _Elsa_

Griffinra53, it might be a new glitch starting!  This is the only message posted here so far saying that there is a problem with the buddy challenge.  I will keep my eyes open here to see if anyone else reports this.  I will also let a King Admin know tomorrow when she is back in the office that it might be a new glitch starting.

• _Elsa_

Hi griffinra53,

Let’s try some troubleshooting tips by following the steps on this link:  https://www.elsalanger.net/blog/troubleshooting-tips

I would also like you to please check if you have the most recent version of the game.

On Android, Go to Settings > application settings > manage application, then tap on the app.  It'll say the version you are running under the name.

On Apple, Go to the App store > click on the game app, and it will say it under the name. 

On Windows 10,  Go to the Settings > click on the game > click on Advanced settings, then you will see what version you have.

• griffinra53
    edited November 2018

Hey guys! I’m soooooo very frustrated cause now my DiDi kept “giving me treats” after I feed her, as always, until a couple of days ago. The screen would come up, tell me the treat she was giving to me, and it says it was received! So I go to play the level thinking I have it, but when the level opened it DID NOT give the treat to me!!!!!!!!! It happened 3 times this week!!!!!! Never received any of those treats, which are crucial to my game play!!!!! I am losing LOTS of other boosters I normally get in the different bi-weekly contests, because I’m being told I have it (Didi’s Treats) and then realize it’s not been credited to me!!!!!! That’s been frustrating enough, but NOW my Buddy Challenge also tells me Congrats on reaching another level with my buddy, gift comes up on the screen as always, I click accept - AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, (assuming since it was a different reward that I wouldn’t have a problem with it!!!), then THAT one didn’t get credited to me either!!!!! I didn’t even take the screenshot when I received THAT reward cause I did not think the game would do that again! Yes, my game version is totally updated, as well as my IPad Air 2 and my browser, Chrome!!!! Results of the test on my browser: “You are using Chrome Dev 70.0.3538.75 on an Apple iPad running iOS 12.1” Thank goodness this problem has never come up on my game play before this, but I have had other problems previously and when I run across a glitch I never contact anyone until I’ve checked and made sure all the basic info - the game version, etc. - is updated and the list of “back to basics” has already been followed. I’m attaching a screenshot of the DiDi problems, my receiving the item then a pic following it, showing I have no timed boosters credited to me! I didn’t do it the first time it happened with DiDi, nor the buddy challenge reward “given” to me but do have a screenshot right afterwards. This is playing havoc with my gameplay and I would appreciate it if someone could figure out how to fix it! Thank you for your consideration! (Just “fyi” - right now I’m on Level 3453, so I have a bit of experience! I tried to insert all my screenshots, I hope it worked!) HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! Hey 

• griffinra53

Hi Elsa! Thank you for the info and I sure hope they can get everything fixed soon! I’m not going to spend any more time on this game until they do. I have to sit here and constantly ask for more lives, for 5 to 10 minutes or longer, to get enough to be able to play much, unless all the factions are working correctly. When they do, I win free time and also lots of boosters. If I spend all the time actually passing the challenges and then don’t get the hour or 30 min or whatever it is of free fish, color bombs, etc. for all my time and efforts (and after it’s said it gives it to me) then I don’t get them, it’s extremely difficult to spend much time actually playing the game-it’s all asking for lives and that’s not much fun and NOT a game!!! Yes, when the buddy challenge works, after you reach your goal then your progress goes to your buddy! That’s happened on any challenge, striped or not, to me! That’s a new added feature which is nice, but even that’s not possible if I don’t get the boosters promised! 

• _Elsa_

Did you get the buddy challenge open on your game?  It's working today on mine.

• _Elsa_

Hey guys! I’m soooooo very frustrated cause now my DiDi kept “giving me treats” after I feed her, as always, until a couple of days ago. The screen would come up, tell me the treat she was giving to me, and it says it was received! So I go to play the level thinking I have it, but when the level opened it DID NOT give the treat to me!!!!!!!!! It happened 3 times this week!!!!!! Never received any of those treats, which are crucial to my game play!!!!! I am losing LOTS of other boosters I normally get in the different bi-weekly contests, because I’m being told I have it (Didi’s Treats) and then realize it’s not been credited to me!!!!!! That’s been frustrating enough, but NOW my Buddy Challenge also tells me Congrats on reaching another level with my buddy, gift comes up on the screen as always, I click accept - AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, (assuming since it was a different reward that I wouldn’t have a problem with it!!!), then THAT one didn’t get credited to me either!!!!! I didn’t even take the screenshot when I received THAT reward cause I did not think the game would do that again! Yes, my game version is totally updated, as well as my IPad Air 2 and my browser, Chrome!!!! Results of the test on my browser: “You are using Chrome Dev 70.0.3538.75 on an Apple iPad running iOS 12.1” Thank goodness this problem has never come up on my game play before this, but I have had other problems previously and when I run across a glitch I never contact anyone until I’ve checked and made sure all the basic info - the game version, etc. - is updated and the list of “back to basics” has already been followed. I’m attaching a screenshot of the DiDi problems, my receiving the item then a pic following it, showing I have no timed boosters credited to me! I didn’t do it the first time it happened with DiDi, nor the buddy challenge reward “given” to me but do have a screenshot right afterwards. This is playing havoc with my gameplay and I would appreciate it if someone could figure out how to fix it! Thank you for your consideration! (Just “fyi” - right now I’m on Level 3453, so I have a bit of experience! I tried to insert all my screenshots, I hope it worked!) HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! Hey 

griffinra53, I just reread your message again and you said that Didi doesn't give you the treat after each try. With the Didi challenge it's asking you to collect a certain amount of a candy color. Yesterday when I played it I was keeping track of all that Didi required and how long between each one because not too long ago there was a glitch with either Didi or Rami where it said to play it but it was missing the color candy and how many to collect. So you have to collect 20 blue, then 60 purple, then 80 orange, then 100 blue, then 120 purple and finally 150 orange. Once you have collected all of them you have to wait 2 hours and then when you go back into the game you will see the pop up showing I think 5 or 6 rewards that you get for completing the challenge.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?